Thursday, 28 April 2011

copper-pink ring

palpinrin a

For the past few months I've had the urge to bedeck myself in jewels. Jewels, trinkets, baubles – basically little shiny and sparkly things have suddenly started to appeal to me. For a long time now I haven't really worn any jewelry and had preferred a plainer, simpler look, but things change and evolve with time. I have waited a bit, to see if it was just a passing fancy, but the desire is still there.

So, today I got a ring. I love big, intricate rings at the moment, so this one fitted the bill for me. The colours – dark warm toned metal with paler pinky-coppery stones – are perfect for me, not only for the coming winter months but this lovely sunny hot spell we are having here in Melbourne at the moment, too. They also suit my black nails perfectly.

palpinrin c

I also saw some amazing articulated rings today, which are next on my list. Along with brooches, ornate chokers and, just maybe, very loooooong earrings... we'll see! x

EDIT: oops, I forgot! While in a perfect world, every bijoux I owned would be antique and have a wonderful history, this is the real world, and life isn't always like that!
Ring :: Lovissa

palpinrin b

20 comments:

Vanessa said...

What a beautiful ring! Is it antique?

Pink Penguin said...

Beautiful, I love it! Good choice. I am also not into accessories although I do adore a good brooch or two! x

SoulDélice said...

THE ring!!
I absolutely do love!
Have a nice day ;-)

Louise said...

That is such a pretty ring, I really like the way you've done your nail polish too!

Lindsay said...

Beautiful ring, and it goes so well with your manicure!

Well done, Esme ;)

xx.

Velvet said...

I love love your nail polish, as well as your new ring!

I used to dislike jewellery too. In fact I have some little treasures (I mean with much emotional value) stored in my night table, but recently I feel the need of bring them back to daily life.

Have a nice day gorgeous!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

You have a gorgeous ring! <3

xx
http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

BaronessVonVintage said...

ooh, gorgeous! is it marcasite? Looks like one I used to own. The halfmoon black nails (very early 1930s!) look fabulous!

Lady Jersey said...

Ohhh I love this nail !
And I find your blog so great.
I follow you ...

http://theladyjersey.blogspot.com

Xoxo

hollypop said...

i love the polish. it's so cool. you must have steady hands.

Tales for Little Bun said...

I love rings. Big chunky ones especially. This one looks intricate and very mystical combined black nail polish. What could be better than chunky rings and nail polish? I think it's a match made in heaven. Beautiful :) x

Hannah said...

lovely, and I like how you've done your nails black but with the crescent looks neat x

alexandra grecco said...

ohhh, love this!

xx
alexandra

janiece said...

Oh gosh, soooooo pretty, especially with the nailpolish - perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne,

Where do you get all your beautiful clothes? I find Australia's op-shops have been sorted so thoroughly and sold off to 'vintage' boutiques that nothing great remains. Vintage has become almost a 'brand' and is so fashionable that prices are so expensive in the 'vintage' shops and the markets see one elbowed by gaggles of teenage girls. I can't wait for this trend to pass so I can again find some excellent things in second-hand shops and stop seeing every second girl in the red lipstick that's been my trademark for the last ten years!

I wanted to ask, also, why do you suppose vintage clothing has become so fashionable? Yesterday I watched private-school girls clamber out of their mum's SUV to shop in Savers. Surely this is different to other trends since wearing second-hand clothing five years ago was invariably seen by the mainstream as either disgusting or something only poor people did. I'm fascinated that something looked down upon my the majority has now entered the mainstream and is stocked in such places as Sportsgirl.

I'd love to know your thoughts on the proliferation of vintage-craziness especially since you are English. I wondered if in Australia it is a yearning for a history. I believe it is still on the periphery of fashion in the UK and the US. Also, I wonder whether this is something that you have discussed with the ladies at Circa.

Thanks for your lovely blog.

Jess

Saima said...

Love that ring!

Chacha. said...

thats pretty

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

It's beautiful!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

esme and the lane way said...

Jess – what an intersting comment! I want to address this properly, in a post. x

Anonymous said...

Great. I can't wait.
xx
Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...