Sunday, 1 May 2011

long floral dress (again)

lofldre a

We have just had the most perfect week of weather here in Melbourne. Day after day was warm and sunny and just beautiful. I was enjoying a week off with my Loved One, too – perfect timing! I am still something of an ailing Victorian consumptive, so there hasn't been anything too strenuous. One gentle 9km bike ride left me dizzy, ready to swoon onto one of those fainting couches. I flopped into the passenger seat of the car instead; not quite the same thing, but I was glad to be taken home for a nap.

lofldre c

I have really enjoyed the week though. The only thing is, I am now sick of almost all of my summer clothes! Almost. I still love wearing this long floral 1970s dress. It feels quite stately to glide about in so much fabric, and I love lightly hitching up one side a little to climb steps, like a lovely Victorian lady. In fact, I love wearing this dress so much that I recently got two maxi skirts for winter... and more on those soon.

lofldre b

I deliberately have straight hair here as I took some pictures for a how to on how I curl my hair. (Yep, I am doing a tutorial at last! I have a few how tos coming up, and if there is anything you would like me to do, let me know in the comments.) It was too warm for the headscarf in the end, though, so I'll have to wait for it to cool down a bit before I can wear them. I don't think we'll have to wait long though; it's raining now as I type. Splendid.

lofldre d

lofldre e

24 comments:

angelaseeangelablog said...

You look absolutely stunning! bery glam-boho!

XXASAB
http://angelaseeangelablogs.wordpress.com/

Chacha. said...

beautiful! awww I miss spring and summer!

must not be blank said...

I really like that shade of lippy - who is it from? Really love dark shades and it looks nice and dramatic with your hair. Regarding tutorials, since you have long hair, it might be interesting to write about your general hair care routine - do you do anything special to care for your locks, what products do you use, etc. The same for make-up, I'm a real product junkie and am always looking for inspiration. I've seen and appreciated on other bloggers' sites, where they show the contents of their make up bags and talk through them. Just a thought!

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Nelly said...

I love that dress and it really suits you I hope you are fighting fit very soon.

Vanessa said...

This dress is so lovely! I can understand how you don't get tired of wearing it :)

Helen said...

I love this dress. And I'm looking forward to the hair curling video!

Some Style... said...

what amazing and beautiful spring dress! looks so perfect on you! looking forward to your hair tutorlias! ;) xoxo


http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

I have serious hair envy right now, you look beautiful. Love the pirate scarf! x

Carys said...

Beautiful dress!! Sorry you aren't feeling well, but at least you look lovely! And I also love having to hitch up maxi dresses to climb stairs!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Miss Magenta said...

classic beauty.
dress is so lovely on you.




www.missmagentaart.blogspot.com

sallyannie☆ said...

Yes! How nice was the weather? Hope it keeps up :) I love your dress!

Velvet said...

Your dress is really beautiful! The floral print is just perfect.

The Attic People said...

Stunning dress. The print on this is amazing, I can't get enough of florals this time of year!

Pink Penguin said...

That dress is gorgeous, you look absolutely stunning! Can't wait to see what you do with the maxi skirts! x

Emma said...

This dress is stunning, and you look so beautiful!

Andi B. Goode said...

I love the headscarf look! Very pirate chic. ;] I can see why you still love wearing that dress, too.
Oh, and the shoes ARE surprisingly comfortable, actually. I'd definitely go check them out - they seem to be a LOT better quality than other shoes I've got from Rubi, too.
-Andi x

Nessbow said...

I adore this dress. So feminine and floaty, just gorgeous. It looks great with the darker lipstick too!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Lovely dress!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Dakota said...

I really love that dress; it's so gorgeous and elegant, but looks so cool for hot weather.
As a fellow long-haired gal who loves a curl, I'm looking forward to the hair tutorial!

jay said...

I some how found your blog when searching google for "vintage" clothing. When I saw your photo I had to do a double take.

I thought it was an old photo of me. Weirdly enough, we just look a lot alike. My husband agrees, it's pretty amusing. Certain photos are a very close match.
take a look...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57484062@N07/

Feeona said...

Lovely lovely!

retrostyl said...

beautiful!

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

You always look the bestest in florals. And I love the room you are in as well. My bedroom is painted pink and its the cosiest ever colour. xx

MarieBayArea said...

you look so pretty and sweet in this floral maxi dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...