Tuesday, 10 May 2011

miaow! big cat prints

flleopard a

collar, black over the knee socks :: topshop.com
wool jumper, wide black belt, silk skirt :: op shops
shoes :: country road (a few seasons ago, though, I just haven't worn them that often)
sunglasses :: forever new (I won't wear vintage glasses because of the lack of sun protection they offer, much as I love the frames!)
bag :: c/o mimco

I had been umming and ahhing about trying leopard print for the last year or so. That it has been such a trend has been a good and bad thing; things you like coming in to fashion is great for their availability, but then not so good for... well, I don't know how to put it. But I think you know what I mean.

I had been lusting after a pair of leopard print tights at Sportsgirl last Autumn, and then a pair of peeptoe strappy – and chunky! – heels in the big kitty print caught my eye on Asos. I love the idea of wearing these together. But for one reason or another, I didn't make the leap (ha!). So, when I saw this silk leopard print skirt at my local op shop, I was pleased to have a chance to give it a try without any big commitments.

flleopard g

flleopard c

I like the colours in this version of the classic print – not too yellow, and not too small. The skirt itself is a great shape, with a bit of flare and falling just below my knee. And, of course, who doesn't like wearing silk?

flleopard e

It got much colder in Melbourne over the last week, so I finally had a chance to wear my big fluffy collar! I love these. I have a large vintage fur collar, but this one feels good for everyday use. It is so warm! I will be toasty all winter. x

flleopard d

flleopard h

flleopard m

flleopard k

flleopard i

28 comments:

Bella VonBluebell said...

A gorgeous outfit kitten! Looks stunning on you. x

Sara said...

Stunning!

Yoshi said...

This is such a fantastic time of year! I love your collar.

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Gorgeous outfit! <3 And great pictures!

xx
http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Carys said...

Wow, super-glamourous outfit!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

SoapyMermaid said...

I'm fond of the gorgeous automnal photos...

Sal said...

The collar is spectacular!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Love your shoes!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

made-to-travel.com said...

Ok, so I'm popping over from Beautifully Invisible and don't really know why I did not know your blog before! Your outfit is so inspiring here and your shoe pic with the leaves is gorgeous.

So happy to find your blog!

laminate flooring Mississauga said...

you are just a queen!
especially in first snapshot

islabell said...

that big collar is amazing. I wish i could rock something like that for everyday. You look wonderful!
x

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Very cool outfit! The shoes are so adorable and your fluffy collar thingy is absolutely amazing!

FoofandFaff said...

Ooh love the collar, you're dressed for my fave time of year, I'm a little jealous! :)

Jo said...

Your collar is AMAZING! I just adore the massive volume! <3 You look like a vintage movie star!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

The Lady With the Look said...

I love those shoes! It looks like fall, here it's too hot.

Hannah said...

You look gorgeous, I do feel that leopard is akin to stripes and polka dots, it's classic and looks chic on the right people, like you x

Nessbow said...

I adore this outfit. The collar is especially eye-catching and every piece in the ensemble meshes well. It's just gorgeous.

Blithely Unaware said...

Oh my GOD that collar is AMAZING... Going to look on TS nooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

Wah!!!!

Pink Penguin said...

Goodness you look so lovely and ladylike! If only more people dressed like you!! The skirt is the perfect leopard print, what a great find xxx

Dakota said...

That collar is so lovely!! Elegant + cozy and practical... perfect! And your skirt is darling; I like how it's not a typical leopard print.

Mrs Amber Apple said...

So cute!

Carolyn said...

ahhh i love when ivy is growing over walls. such a beautiful background! and adorable fur collar :)

Love_Again said...

you look amazing. and the autumn leaves make a great backdrop for this outfit.

sami chu. said...

love the texture of that fur collar and the leopard print is so much fun! you are too cute :)

xo
sami

Pexina said...

Hi!! What lipstick do u use?
Kiss.

Rebecca Jane said...

That fluffy collar is fabulous!

hollypop said...

gorgeous snaps. gosh, i do love this time of year!
i think leopard print is an 'always' print and will be around forever.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Magic outfit. You look like some film noir with a modern twisty femme fatale. This outfit has a thousand stories. Love it! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...