Sunday, 22 May 2011

Saturdays, vintage pink and red jackets and green tea muffins (and invisible bikes)

pinkgretea i

Yesterday (Saturday) we were lucky enough to borrow a Nikon D90. I find reading the manuals for these things Boring (But Important) and generally just don't bother, unless I absolutely have to. Working it out as you go is much more fun! Even if you don't really know what you're doing with the settings.

pinkgretea a

Because it was such a beautifully warm, sunny day, we decided to head down the park to mess around taking pictures. First up, though: we needed fuel! A green tea muffin was called for.

pinkgretea b

I am wearing a late 1950s jacket, which has an amazing matching dress, but here I am wearing my black Obus dress from a few years ago, with my Melissa Ashanti booties and Mimco bag.

pinkgretea e

Oh, and an absolutely beautiful big silk bow from Hopeless Lingerie! It was really windy, so I needed to have my hair nicely secured. Lots of hairspray!

pinkgretea c

Invisible bike.

pinkgretea d

pinkgretea f

And then some housework, and road testing my new ballet flats. Obviously, I normally do all my housework in heels and frilly apron... We are going to re-plaster (and paint) the ceiling in the kitchen in the next month. I can't wait to have that all sorted out. I'm not looking forward to actually painting the ceiling, but it will look so nice when it's done. Until then, I can practice sweeping under Babycat's stern gaze. And tomorrow (Monday) I am having a great give away for my Melbourne readers – see you then! x

pinkgretea h

24 comments:

angelaseeangelablog said...

You look divine!

XXASAB
http://angelaseeangelablog.wordpress.com/

Harlow Darling said...

You look beautiful as ever! I agree, camera manuals are very booooring...the one that came with my camera is almost as thick as a Harry Potter book...(okay, not quite, but still!) hence why I still have no idea what to do with my camera :P

Also, I think it's very awesome that you have air-conditioning in your kitchen, that must make baking in the summer months so much better!

Carys said...

This outfit is so elegant, and I love the invisible bike photo!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Hannah said...

You look lovely, I hate reading instructions I always just guess until I have to give in to reading them x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oh my - that jacket! *swoons*

Mikaela-Jane said...

Beautiful :)

Erin said...

Haha that invisible bike photo is amazing! Made me giggle :) I have a Nikon D80, and I love it! I too haven't bothered with reading through the manual, I do like you and find things when I need them :) They are great cameras though! That muffin looks so delicious :) And you look devine, too! I love your big bow.
Thanks for posting!
xErin

anodetoreverie.blogspot.com

amy said...

You look like a stunning housewife. You glow like the sun, pretty lady

i love your blouse and the jumping photograph!


sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
flyingakite.blogspot.com

AngeliqueDama said...

Beautiful jacket! Your lipstick color matches the roses on it, very nice. Actually, I Like the whole outfit:))
Hugs and kisses

Blythe and Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness! That jacket is absolutely incredible! I love the print! It's so bright and cheerful! The collar and sleeves are perfection too!

-Charlotte

Vintage Hippo said...

:D That invisible bike picture is tooo fantastic!

Pink Penguin (Elyse) said...

Adore the 1950s jacket, perfect to brighten up an autumn day! x

vegiebug said...

your invisible bike shot made my day!

esme and the lane way said...

‪angelaseeangelablog‬ thanks love!



‪Harlow Darling‬ Oh I know, aren't the manuals looong! And so dry… and yep, air conditioning has made summer bearable – but it is a heater, too! It has honesty changed my life! :D


‪Carys‬ thanks very much!



‪Hannah‬ hehe exactly! :D



‪Miss Tallulah Porkchop‬ thanks! I am pretty chuffed with it, the jacket and the dress fit me like a glove! Vintage score!:D



‪Mikaela-Jane‬ thanks!



‪Erin‬ thanks! I like to know how the camera works, but pressing the buttons and working it out that way is just much more fun/frustrating ;) The Nikons are so good!



‪amy‬ haha thank you! And for so long I'd thought about doing a planned housewife pic, with heels and an apron!



‪AngeliqueDama‬ thanks very much! I know, the colours in the jacket are very lipstick-matching friendly. And I appreciate it ;)



‪Blythe and Charlotte‬ thanks! Yep, I was pretty excited to see it on easy!



‪Vintage Hippo‬ hehe it is good to not take thngs too seriously and to ride invisible bikes! ;)



‪Pink Penguin (Elyse)‬ thanks! Yes, it is warm like a cardigan and nice and bright!



‪vegiebug‬ hahaha yay I am glad! :D

Andi B. Goode said...

It's always fun to play with new camera equipment - I don't like reading the manuals, either. ;] I love the 'invisible bike' photo. Hehe.
-Andi x

About Us said...

Invisible bike made me smile : )

You gaff looks great too!

Sleekit x

bonita said...

~ * ♥ * ~

Your outfit is simply gorgeous Esme and I love the last three photos!! They are so much fun and you look so cute! :D

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

So cute! You look lovely!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Tales for Little Bun said...

Bravo. Simply beautiful x

cakesandshakes said...

The green bun just looks so wrong, LOL, hope it was tasty though! I wanted to asj you - how do you find the sizing for the Melissa range of footwear? I would be very interested to hear as I sometimes come across them online (I think you have the rain booties too?) but worry about the sizing, it's not like rubber is going to wear in!

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

back in said...

Love your blouse! (and the pics too!)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Such a splendidly charming, entirely fantastic array of cheerful photos (not to mention a delightfully nice outfit, too!).



Joyful Tuesday wishes,
♥ Jessica from Chronically Vintage

Chacha. said...

housework never looked this gorgeous ;P beautiful outfit =] green tea muffins?! Must try!
x (Vintagebeasty)

Paulina Mal said...

amazing photos! especially the first one :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...