Sunday, 3 July 2011

plum nails, big moons

flonai a


Dark plum nail varnish from Sportsgirl – I find their varnishes really long lasting, they're cheap, and they come in nice colours too. Yay.

I really love doing my nails in the so-called 'vintage' style now, and almost always do them with the moon bare. I really like exaggerating it, too, and having a large moon, almost half my nail bed. My nails are really short at the moment, so I wasn't sure if it would work as well, but I think it does. I find it really flattering, as it makes my fingers look nice and long, and it is a million times easier to remove the varnish when I want to change it. I like to change mine every few days as I hate having chips, so this is handy – if you'll pardon the pun. The 1930's way of leaving the tip bare as well would look terrible on me, though... Now I just need to find a brand of sticky O's I'm not allergic to..!

EDIT & UPDATE I will do a post on how I do my moon nails soon, I just need to get some supplies today!

13 comments:

Jo said...

Your plum nails look divine <3

x
Lost in the Haze

Caroline said...

This varnish is truly wonderful, and I love it when the moon is bare, but always wondered how to do it. Could you please explain how you manage to varnish your nails so perfectly? Do you put some kind of paper on your moon so that the varnish doesn't get on it?
Thanks!

Sorcha said...

This is such a cute idea! I'm way too used to wearing fake nails though - I need to let my poor natural nails recover a little before I can start letting any part of them go bare!!

Sorcha x
Bonfire Brunette

Blithely Unaware said...

honey, honey, honey!

What do you use to guide the nail polish?! Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tasha said...

Looks lovely! I've been doing this almost always now too. Once you get it down it's not very hard, and honestly having the nail polish not go up to your cuticle makes the manicure look better, at least compared to my usual slightly clumsy application! ;)

Hannah said...

love the moon look, I have only ever tried it once x

Lola Devlin said...

Love love love!!! Have you seen the polish brand Essey down there? If so, GET SOME! For me, in every color under the sun, it has lasted about 2 - 3 weeks before a single chip! Gasp I know! If you don't get it down there, I promise to mail you some. You must try it. xx.L

Solineauxfraises said...

Very nice style !!

So Line
http://tutuetbarbeapapa.blogspot.com/

Velvet said...

I love love your nail colour!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

It looks great! Well done!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I'm thinking of getting my nails shellaced (?).

Retro Chick said...

That's a gorgeous colour!

I also think the bare tips looks terrible on me, like I've already chipped it!

Anonymous said...

Nouvelle dans la blogosphère merci de venir découvrir mon blog: www.lesbonsplansdoceane.wordpress.comBises!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...