Monday, 18 July 2011

polar hat

polhat apsd

Wow, it's been almost a week since my last post! I think the winter was starting to get to me a bit; it's been really cold and grey and rainy and just so cold. I always look forward to winter, though, and in summer I have all these ideas of what I want to do when the temperature drops. I am enjoying it again now. I have a (mental) list of things I love about winter, and will do some posts on them soon – maybe I can spread a little of my re-found winter cheer? I hope so!

Lot's been going on, including swing dancing lessons! I am so excited about them. I love swing dancing and can't wait to spin, twirl (and, perhaps, lurch) about at a social dance soon. I hardly ever step on my partner's feet.

Anyway, this is just a quick hello to get things started again. I went and got my hair cut last week – finally! It had got to the point of being completely unmanageable, and I couldn't do anything with it – it wasn't just the cold weather that made me glad to wear a hat! I do love this '60s one and refer to it as my Russian Polar hat; this makes no real sense but who cares! It's warm and fluffy and grand and I like it.

And as I had to get the tram to the hairdressers, I had headphones – and worked on my don't-talk-to-me face for the strange people of Melbourne's trams! It mostly worked. Mostly :) My hair cut, on the other hand, was 100% successful and I will show you soon! x

vintage hat, gloves, '50s Jaeger scarf and blouse, second hand shops and op shops
skirt and braces, from cue
rust tights from forever new (I love it when my favourite colours come into fashion!)

polhat b

28 comments:

Emma Robertson said...

You look so lovely, as always. I adore that hat, and your colored tights are just perfect.

xo,
Em

VintageSweetheart said...

I love the colour of those tights! I need to invest in some coloured tights.

CocoMay said...

Ok... you have to tell me what you do for makeup. I am very fair skinned also and it feels like is too bright, too dark, etc. You're skin & makeup is simply gorgeous.

Fat Aus said...

that hat has got to be one of the cutest things i've ever seen!

Blue Fruit said...

What a gorgeous hat! Perfect for this freezing weather.

Hannah said...

Oh I love these hats, I have one will need to dig it out soon.Your hair is so gorgeous, love the matching gloves and tights too x

cclarebear said...

Gorgeous tights. Love the whole outfit :)

Quick question - what lipstick are you wearing? It's super pretty.

Sarah said...

Nice to read another post by you! That skirt is perfect, so sexy and yet demure. Can't wait to see more of this hair cut. xo

Andi B. Goode said...

I love that hat, too! I think Russian polar is a good name/description for it. ;]
-Andi x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

A) I have those tights!
B) That lippy is HOT!

x

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

You look beautiful in everything you wear, darling! Love the nail tutorial below, and that white fluffy hat is totally adorable on you! Hope you had a great Monday morning to start your week! xxx

Veronica Darling said...

Gorgeous! And why wouldn't you call it your Russian Polar Hat! Of course! LOLZ

Thanks for the moon tips in your last post too. I was looking at my scuffed purple nails and thought "Esme would NOT approve" so I might moon them up if I get time. xoxo

Sleekit said...

If I saw you on a Melbourne tram I would get off my seat just to tell you how fabulous you look, pink earphones, love.

Sleekit x

Vivian De Violet said...

Im very curious your new hair cut :)

Girl living in Oslo said...

That is a very cool look:)
Have a great week...
:)

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Such a fabulous outfit! i have just found your blog and i love it! Great ideas!!

Steph Xx

http://irishbrowneyedgirl.blogspot.com

riotersbloc said...

That lip colour is divine! And I'm sure you already know this ;) but you have a gorgeous figure.

Charis said...

I absolutely love your style :)

ACV said...

Cute hat!Love your sofa!

Daisy said...

Really like the orange tights, they finish this little winter outfit off quite nicely !

LandGirl1980 said...

I have hat and tights envy. Screw that - I have OUTFIT envy! Looking tres bon!

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! Been missing your posts. So I have a conundrum (a good kind) that I've been trying to solve by asking my friends (including the internet kind!). I've worked for my company for 5 yrs now and I've earned a sabbatical of 4 weeks of paid vacation. Sweet! My husband doesn't even get that. Everyone says I need to do something fun and do that "once-in-a-lifetime" sort of thing. Wow! What pressure to come up with something that fantastic! A friend of mine has her own "bucket list". That's a list of to-dos before one dies. I figure if I compile my own bucket list, then I could pick one thing from that list which my husband doesn't want to do - and do it. So my question for you is this..if you had to write your own bucket list, what would be on it?

Your Boston-based friend,
~Monique

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

I have the same headphpones :p

That hat looks really pretty :)

Velvet said...

Wow! Swing lessons sound incredibly enjoyable.

You look so sweet with those headphones.

Ula said...

I remember pulling the don't look at me face on the tram when I lived in Melbourne... I know what you mean about winter, winter is brilliant, but I think sometimes we need to remind ourselves before SAD kicks in =)

Mabel said...

I have a hat like that! But I live in the south now, so I don't need it :) But I do miss winter a lot. You look awesome!

-Mabel
Mabel Time

Blithely Unaware said...

Yayayayaayayayaaya
you look so winter warrrrrrrrrm

Love that you've been doing swing classes, dancing is such a great way to stay fit AND have fun.

xox

A.Hurt said...

Ughh! You're making me wish I could wear my tights! Sadly, it's 90 degrees where I am :).

http://confessionsofavintagestoreowner.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...