Saturday, 2 July 2011

red poppies, floral dress

flonai b

We are having a great run of warm, sunny days here, right in the middle of winter. It's really beautiful, but no, this is not really normal Melbourne winter stuff; we do need to rug up most of the time. But not today! This is a '70s-does-'30s dress I got from an op shop about 6 months ago. I love the poppy (?) print, and the details on the sleeve... which of course I completely forgot to snap. Next time! The cardigan is from Forever New, and is all lovely and soft and warm. It also sheds fluff that is exactly the same as Babycat's fluff, so I have doubled the fluff in my life. Just what I needed...

flonai e

flonai f

flonai d

flonai j

flonai c

14 comments:

Pixi said...

Lovely dress. I have a blouse with a similar pattern. I love flowers and roses. (:

Kelly said...

That is a gorgeous dress. Very lucky find indeed. We were having a nice run of sunny weather here in Adelaide, but it's rained all day today :( Bye, bye nice blowdry.

Kelly xo
Elegantly Academic

Olgalii. said...

you wouldn't thinik how much i'm in love with you and your style and your blog! <3 lovely dress!

Harlow Darling said...

Such a stunning dress, those poppies are so beautiful!

I wonder if maybe we're just going to have a warm winter in Australia this year, in Brisbane we've only had a handful of cold days so far :P

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Gorge dress! X

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

these are beautiful, love the print on the dress

Tashrin said...

The sunlight filtering through your dress is just breathtaking. I've also always wanted to experience the kind of mild weather you speak of in your posts.

Love

Tashrin
Twitter - @ishrattrishna

Mabel said...

You have the best style!!! I wish it were winter in America so I can wear sweaters. I think everyone looks so much more classy in sweaters and coats and warm things :)

http://mabel-time.blogspot.com/

Lottie said...

Beautiful as ever. Unusually warm weather in winter always puts a spring in our step during long winter months.-L-

Charis said...

Lovely dress x

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Lovely dress, i think it's very autumn like

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Dial V for Vintage said...

I love florals! The dress is adorable :).

Andy said...

I like the model & design of shoes to wear because it looks cool

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

Oh, it's so pretty with the light peeking trough the fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...