Saturday, 23 July 2011

vintage metallic maxi skirt

metmax f

I got this 1960's black skirt with gold and silver metallic stripes a few months ago, and couldn't wait for it to be cold enough to wear it. Remembering all the warm clothes I had waiting to be worn definitely helped get me back into loving winter again :) Even though right now my hands are so cold I am struggling to type..!

metmax b

Anyway, I wore this on a day off and, having managed to skip the entire day before thanks to sleeping off a cold, I had a lot to do. So I pretended that I didn't feel as though I'd inhaled a kilo of really rough sand and got dressed up. (Dressing up when you are sick always makes you feel a little bit better). I did decide that perhaps my fluffy shrug was a little bit much for running errands, such as buying a roasting chicken (organic, grain fed, number 12) and op shopping (one dark red round case-like bag, one beautiful vintage nightdress and a cute skirt for spring) but was perfect for dinner later, even if dinner was at my Mother-in-Laws.

metmax d

I also wear my turban quite a lot, and my husband, who initially was not exactly a fan and kept calling me Naboo, has come to really like it. I love it. It is also really helpful when you have wasted a great set in bed and have day-after hair.

metmax e

I want to point out that this metallic skirt is not super shiny, but rather a soft, glowy, antique-gold colour. This shows it the most...

metmax c

Have a great weekend! x

vintage turban, gloves, skirt and belt from op shops
fluffy shrug from topshop
leather jacket from just jeans yeeeaaaarrs ago

metmax a

22 comments:

VintageSweetheart said...

That skirt is one of a kind. I have a tendency of over dressing but who needs an event to look fancy!

Fiona Timantti said...

Lovely turban! And matching gloves, very nice.

Rebeccak said...

Oh the evil bug that has been going around! I am soooo sick of being sick! You look lovely - tomorrow I am going to ignore my stuffed up head and dress up :)

Blithely Unaware said...

You're such a stunner.

Love, love, love this skirt. I would totally style it with a white loose t-shirt and gold sandals in spring.

Hope you're not too cold lady!

xox

Hannah said...

Beautiful outfit, I need a turban in that colour. I think you should wear this outfit wherever you like x

Penny Dreadful said...

Holy moly, I LOVE this outfit! The matching gloves and turban are divine xx

Carys said...

This is just one of my favourite outfits ever, it all goes so well together! That skirt is beautiful!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Yoshi said...

The skirt's fantastic! I am filled with envy. You've styled it really well, too!

Emma Robertson said...

I adore this outfit! What a great find, that skirt is beautiful. I also really love your turban. I do the same thing, when I feel ill and have to be out and about I get dressed up to make myself feel better. Again, wonderful outfit!

xo,
Em

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

Gosh, you look amazing! What a beautiful skirt, and I love how you've paired it with the fur and the orange accessories. xxx

Sher said...

you looked oh so regal and elegant in that golden skirt:)

xx

Aureart said...

Oh la la . . . la Femme Fatale !
il Turbante e la gonna lunga ti fanno Misteriosa e Intrigante: il tuo Look da Femme Fatale merita 10 e Lode!

Saluti dalla Sicilia
Aurè
the Artist of Italian Lifestyle

Rachel said...

I think the best word to describe this outfit is 'regal'. <3

Vintage Hippo said...

I love that last photo, so incredibly beautiful!

LandGirl1980 said...

What a GLORIOUS look! So very 30's. And that turban?? WOW-WEEE!

Barn House Antiques said...

Your turban is great, I love it too!

pumps & luiers said...

very russian look

hope505 said...

~ love these looks!! ~ "Naboo"! I'm glad someone has come to His senses...
* ; )

Xavi said...

I preffer the winter too.
This skirt is amazing!!!

Miss Emmi said...

Love this outfit so much! Looks very avant garde even though it is composed of vintage items! I'm crazy about turbans too, they are also a great way to get some use out of brooches (I like to clip something sparkly onto that front bit).

Anniina said...

You always look gorgeous in turbans. I want one, too! Lovely outfit.

LITTLE KESS said...

omg..that turban..those gloves... ahhhhhhhh <3 <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...