Tuesday, 23 August 2011

mustard blouse, rust orange wide pants

mustard blouse mustard wide pants d

And here is yesterday's outfit. I love this mustard blouse but wanted to wear it with something other than the standard black – too obvious – or the easy choice, grey – as that is just too, well, easy.

mustard blouse mustard wide pants b

mustard blouse mustard wide pants g

mustard blouse :: op shop
rust wide legged pants :: sportsgirl
cream t bar platform shoes :: topshop
amber stones cuff :: lovisa

After a bit of inspiration in Melbourne CBD on the weekend – so many great colour combinations! – I tried the blouse with these deep rust pants, and loved it. In my mind's eye I thought it might be a bit too bright, a bit too tequila sunrise, but it turns out the pants are the perfect subdued orange shade. I then wore my cream shoes, for something a bit lighter (and again, less obvious!) than brown, and loved the colours together! Maybe they are more usually Autumn colours, but so what? They feel good now.

mustard blouse mustard wide pants a.jpg


Mali rêve... said...

whouaw! love the colours!! this blouse is just perfect!

SomeKindOfStyle said...

how beautiful! really adore the color of the Pants! xoxo


Andi B. Goode said...

Yes! This colour combination is delicious. I love it.
-Andi x

Riikka said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you really put thought into your outfits, plan them carefully and are not afraid to take "risks", so to speak.

Camilla said...

Simply loved your outfit, darling!



Emily & Gracie said...

This is a really beautiful outfit. I still don't understand how you could ever say that mustard doesn't look god on you, because it most definitely does!


mandarinadelesherbes.wordpress.com said...

Love the shoes! ;)

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather, 29 Skirts said...

I love these colors individually, and they look gorgeous together! It's almost fall here in the U.S., so I really want to try this combination too =)

The Glamorous Housewife said...

Love. It.

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife

Emma Robertson said...

I LOVE this outfit! I adore the color combination, and the shoes are wonderful. You look lovely.


Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Lovely :)

Kathryn Hannan (nee. Mackenzie) said...

What a gorgeous outfit, you look so chic! I'd never have thought of these colours together - far too subtle for me, ha ha! I love mustard with bright purple, turquoise, teal & my latest (after seeing an outfit on over at Cali Vintage) - mustard and hot pink. Thanks to you I now have a lovely chic new combination to add to the potential repertoire for autumn/winter.

LandGirl1980 said...

Mustard and rust are 2 of my bestest colours - so I personally LOVE this :)

Nina said...

This outfit looks so good on you! Love the color combination, interesting without being over the top (something I feel can happen quite fast with colors like yellowand orange).

lady liquor vintage. said...

i love the colour combination, & really need that mustard blouse in my life!


Sarah said...

I'm so jealous of all your wide legged pants! I bought one from portmans earlier in the year and now I'm obsessed, so comfortable and vintage (much better than standard jeans). I love the colour combination. xoxo

Jamie Rose said...

This color combination is so cool and retro-looking. You look amazing in that mustard blouse. Love it!

Dial V for Vintage said...

Oh, I love that globe on your nightstand! The colours of your outfit are amazing... I'm considering buying something mustard! ;)

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage said...

Perfect combination! Mixing it up just right - contrasts well with your hair colour.

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!

Ivory said...

This is perfection.

Amber-Helena said...

Wauw! I just love your blog! I just discovered it and it's amazing. Love the mustard on you.


Mrs Amber Apple said...

You look lovely! What a fantastic colour combination!

Charis said...

Very autumnal! I like your trousers & you look lovely as usual xox

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit in love with you (: Best regards from Germany!

Catherine @ The Spring said...

This post is really inspiring... I just bought a very similar pair of pants in a brighter claret shade, and I'm considering how to wear them... I'll have to give them a go with a beautiful vintage blouse! So happy to have 'discovered' your blog!
- Catherine at The Spring (in Brisbane)

Chandler said...

Love your photos

esme and the lane way said...

‪Mali rêve...‬ thanks very much!

‪SomeKindOfStyle‬ thanks! Me too, it's the perfect shade:)

‪Andi B. Goode‬ thanks love!:D

‪Riikka‬ : taking risks is the best thing with getting dressed!

‪Camilla‬ : thanks :)

‪Emily & Gracie‬ : why thank you! It looks heaps better on my olive skinned, hazel eyed friend, but it's alright :)

‪mandarinadelesherbes.wordpress.com‬ thanks! :D

‪Vivian‬ : 100% polyester gotta love the 80s ;)

‪Heather, 29 Skirts‬ cool! Perfect for Fall!

‪The Glamorous Housewife‬ thanks very much :)

‪Emma Robertson‬ thanks very much :D

‪Sweet Harvest Moon‬ thanks!

‪Kathryn Hannan (nee. Mackenzie)‬ awesome! Mustard and pale pink would be nce, too … :)

‪LandGirl1980‬ eeee thanks so much! :D

‪Nina‬ : haha yes I know! But these are just right :)

‪lady liquor vintage.‬ thanks! I spent years looking for the right mustard blouse..! Good luck! Actually I think there is a nice one on Asos…

‪Sarah‬ : thanks! Aren't wide legged pants the best? I love them!

‪Jamie Rose‬ thanks very much :)

‪Dial V for Vintage‬ oh yeah, the globe, we looked for it for years! It lights up, too, I'm so chuffed hehe. Do it! Oh, and I love your peter pan collar in your pic, neat!

‪Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage‬ thanks so much!

‪Ivory‬ thanks!

‪Amber-Helena‬ Welcome! Glad you like it!

‪Mrs Amber Apple‬ thanks :)

‪Charis‬ I know. Shame it is almost spring here… ;)

‪Anonymous‬ haha hello anon!

‪Catherine @ The Spring‬ they sound nice. Cool! And thanks! :D Yours is invite-only at the moment, will this change? :)

‪Chandler‬ why thank you :)

Sarah Maria said...

Nice. The shape reminds me of all the gorgeous lounge suits that Kim Basinger wears in LA Confidential.

Plami said...

Gorgeous outfit! I love the colors!



Blanka said...

The pants look great!
Gorgeous. The colours suit you!


One of my favourite autumny colour combinations. Mustard is AWESOME. You look very cool here.

Kym Piez said...

I LOVE these colours together. Just beautiful! You're like the most perfect autumn day ;) x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...