Thursday, 11 August 2011

red knee high boots, vintage black and red poppy dress

1970s dress red boots f

So I said I'd be back this week with meatier posts... ha! If only. I've been waylaid; first by sanding our newly revealed floorboards, for which I wore an enormous pair of dungarees – which I must admit were very comfortable and almost got a post of their own, despite – or perhaps because of – the fact they were clearly made for a larger-than-life Super Mario.

And then I got flu. Again. FFFUUUUUUUU! Rawr! Coooouugh. Zzzzzz...

I always admire blogs where people don't dwell on getting sniffles, so I'll leave it there, and instead do a little post on what I was wearing last week, when we were still having that warm spell.

1970s dress red boots b

1970s dress red boots e

I got these red knee high boots about a decade ago – such a long time. They are one of those clothing items that show that no matter how your style might evolve over the years, there might just be some things in there that stays the same. That is definitely true for me. I have a few pieces I got in my late teens and early twenties that I love now just as much as I did then. Sometimes more so.

1970s dress red boots h

1970s dress red boots j

Black floral prints in winter are another favourite of mine. I don't think I could get enough of them. And I really love this 70s-does-30s dress. I can't believe I left it behind at the op shop, and had to go back! Come to think of it, I was getting over sniffles at the time... But look! I remembered to snap the sleeves this time!

1970s dress red boots a

1970s dress red boots i

20 comments:

Veronica Darling said...

You're making beehives look QUITE enchanting, I might have to tease my locks up a bit in ode.

xoxo

LandGirl1980 said...

What a delish combo!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Hope you will get better soon!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Esz said...

Those boots are really great! The heel on them is really interesting :-D You're right that there are some wardrobe items that stand the test of time.

Things that come to mind for me are a pair of "work" pants from Sportsgirl which I bought when I was 19. They're a super pale pink with just the slightest hint of flare below the knee, and they fit SO well I just can't give them up. I don't wear pants very often but if I do, it's usually these that I pull out.

Maxabella said...

The red boots are redlicious! And I adore that last shot of you. x

lady liquor vintage. said...

the dress is absolutely beautiful!

xoxo.

Elina said...

I love your hair in this post! I'm going to try the same style on myself. Thanks for sharing <3

Emma Robertson said...

I love that dress! The boots are such an amazing red color.

xo,
Em

Sirens Sexy said...

The twisting of the hair in the back looks really nice!

That dress looks amazing especially with those red boots :) I have found that I also love 80s does ___ dresses as of late!

Rachel said...

That dress is gorgeous, as is your hair!

Vivian said...

I hope you are getting better :) Nice shoes, I love things you can always go back to wearing, no matter how old they are.

modniza said...

absolutely gorgeous , darling! xooo.stella

Madeline Quaint said...

Your blog is simply gorgeous. You have the most beautiful vintage items and wear them with such inspiration! Oh, and you're beautiful too. :)

Definitely following along!

Get well soon!
Madeline
xx

Helga! said...

I'm crazy for the boots,and your hair looks wonderful!

itsanaddiction said...

Stunning combo.... love the colours.

Feel better :)

Elena said...

I like the red boots. So much.

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage said...

Beautiful dress (and amazing images...again!) I remember someone telling me that you keep most of the same clothes from the time you are 18 until about 28. I didn't believe her until I went through my wardrobe and found quite a few pre 2000 shoes and dresses! Those boots are fabulous!


Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!

Radka said...

That dress is amazing, I adore poppies!

So This... Is - G L A M O U R - said...

Ooh, it reminds me of the Dolce & Gabbana dress that Amy Smart wore to the premiere of 'The Help' a few days ago :) Here's a link (sorry, too lazy to shorten it! hehe):
http://www.stylebistro.com/Fashion+Forum/articles/mg-pLYDYOYs/Amy+Smart+Floral+Dress+Help+Premiere

alexandra grecco said...

Lovely dress!
xo
Alexandra Grecco

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...