Thursday, 18 August 2011

vintage alaia skirt

vintage alaia b

Hello, again. Sorry for the absence; I got flu (yep, proper bed-ridden flu) last week. Again! But I am returning, slowly, to normal now. I just wanted to explain where I've been!

vintage alaia a

(See, I am in fact wearing a top!)

This is my beloved vintage Alaia skirt. I picked it up in an op shop (yes, I know) that had no idea what it was – hooray! It is suede, navy and dark olive, and has beautiful draping details over the hip which I tried to capture here, in the last of the day's light, but I didn't quite succeed. Nevermind, I love this skirt and will be wearing it a lot in the last few weeks of winter – and in the first cold weeks of spring, too – so I am sure I can get some better pictures for you before long.

In other news... floorboards, blah blah, paint swatches, blah blah blah blah... I am so excited about doing this room I need to talk about it at least once a day and am becoming just a little bit obsessed. Which shade of green? I love having the room (and our bedroom, too, which is also getting the floorboard treatment) almost empty. I won't want to put much back in! I can't wait to get it all together. I am thinking of doing pics as I go along – would you like to see them?

vintage alaia c

19 comments:

ApricotTarts said...

Your blog is my favorite place to find fall fashion inspiration (I'm in the northern hemisphere). Your outfits and hair are gorgeous, even with the flu!
Hope you feel better soon! :)

Fat Aus said...

The skirt looks great and I would love to see photos of what you do with the rooms!

HosieryMe said...

Love your outfit - gorgeous!

Yes, more reno pics please!

Emmika said...

Yip I for one would like to see the pictures. From here, the second swatch in from the left is my favourite, the bottom two colours in particular. What are you tending towards? Sorry to hear you were unwell again, you seem to have got it bad this season! Might have passed up the skirt up myself (other than being too short and squat for it) because I'd never heard of Alaia until now, what a find! I like some of his shoes too.

Esz said...

Interesting skirt!!

Oh and green is such a nice colour...I would say a dark shade straight off the bat but I dont know if that would work for a whole room....Maybe a nice shade a smidgen darker than pistachio and not so cool as to become "hospital green"

esme and the lane way said...

‪ApricotTarts‬ : thanks so much! It is interesting being in the other half of the world, season – and therefor fashion – wise. :)

‪Fat Aus‬ : thanks! Oh, cool, I'm glad – I am not always sure how much non-outfit things I can post when i am being soooo inconsistent with posts…

‪HosieryMe‬ : thanks :) And will do – yay!

‪Emmika‬ : yeah I've been hammered with colds and flu almost non stop since April… I'm so over it! :) I am leaning towards an olive-y green, but not too dark… oh yes aren;t some Alaia shoes gorgeous!

‪Esz‬ : thanks! The skirt is really nice, flattering too (I must do better pics of it!) in real life. MM, I'd love to do dark green but the room is quite small, and even with that massive window, it's still dark, and dull..! Decision time..! :D

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage said...

Absolutely! I love a good home makeover! And green is my fave colour - so rather intrigued what colour you choose!

Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!

Dial V for Vintage said...

I hope you get better soon, the flu is so annoying! Your skirt is a great find, hurrah for op shops! :)

bespokehome said...

Would love to see your home renovation photos. You have great taste (love your floral couch)and have made some great home op shop finds and it's all very inspirational.

alittlevintagestory said...

I for one would definetly love to see pics of your renovation makeovers, as I'm also currently in the middle of renovations! - Fran

LandGirl1980 said...

An op shop? Top find!! Your pics are always so fab. Reminds me I need to get away from taking shots in front of my fridge!

Hannah said...

Gorgeous skirt what a wonderful find, I have a penchant for olive green clothing.x

Helen said...

Gorgeous skirt! Alaia makes me think of Clueless

Andi B. Goode said...

What a great op-shop find! Boo to the flu. =[
-Andi x

themolesworthdiarist said...

What a brilliant skirt - and so perfect with the brown shoes... And yes, you definitely should post pictures of your room redecorations!

Ivory said...

Love this look. It's so feminine. And yes, I thought the first photo was a topless shot haha!

Ivory x

The Black Opal said...

Yes, please post the pictures with progress on your home! And feel better soon! It is so unpleasant to be sick. I feel for you.

Babinette said...

i love your skirt ^^

http://www.lesbabillagesdebabinette.com/

Velvet said...

Of course I would! I love your shoes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...