Monday, 1 August 2011

wide leg trouser-pants and braces

orbrbo a

It's just this time of year, isn't it – when everything all suddenly snowballs and you have a million things to do at once. I'm juggling a few things at the moment, and this time it was my blog I had to throw highest so I could give my attention to a few other things... and then, of course, I got sick. Still, I have now kicked the Melbourne Flu that everyone I know has been suffering from (and, like every year, it's that special kind of flu that takes aaaages to go away) and I am back up to speed.

This is from last week, when I was still a paid up member of the Just Too Tired For Much At All club. I went out somewhere, was meant to go out somewhere after that... but I went home instead. My hair hadn't had anything beyond washing done to it for days, and was looking a bit flat, so I just went with it and borrowed a few tips from fingerwave-y styles. I have always liked wearing braces/suspenders, and think they work really well with my amazing wide legged black pants. I then like the contrast of this masculine style with the feminine pussy bow blouse. There were other touches, too: matching brown vintage gloves (you've seen them before) with a black brooch at the ruched wrist, but of course I was far too groggy to remember to snap it. Well, that's my reasoning this time ;)

orbrbo e

These pants (trousers!) really are so good, and I want to do a better post on them soon. The thing is, I am doing some more renovations at home – this time we are ripping the carpets out of both bedrooms as there are floorboards underneath! Floorboards that will need sanding, staining and sealing, but floorboards none the less. Of course this means that everything is everywhere at home at the moment, and finding space to take pictures is that bit harder (hence these aren't great) but I will work something out this week. So excited! x

blouse :: opshop
trousers :: topshop.com late 2010
braces :: target, years ago
brogue heels :: erm...? had them for years. somewhere on brunswick street.

orbrbo d

24 comments:

Dial V for Vintage said...

Such an elegant and classic outfit! I really must buy a pair of braces for myself... You look great!

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

Looking good! THose trousers are great - I can't use that kind of wide legged style because it makes me look HUGE but I always love it when others do.

Xavi said...

I'm in love with this skirt-pants. And I agree with you. The contras betwen the suspenders and this lovely bow blouse is fantastic.
Good lik with your home tasks.

Michal מיכל said...

LOVE your style and your hair-do.

Q's Daydream said...

I adore this look!
Keep feeling better! xo

Vivian said...

Awe, what a beautiful blouse, I really like it :)

retrostyl said...

Fantastic trousers:-)

Emma Robertson said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I adore those trousers! I'm always on the hunt for a good pair of wide legged trousers. I'm thinking I might have to make myself a pair. I also really like the way your hair came out.

xo,
Em

Sara said...

Ah really beautiful outfit, haha my first thought was "isn't that a skirt?" but then I read more..:D Ahh wide leg trousers. Beautiful blouse!

Retro Chick said...

You look gorgeous, braces are something I always think look fabulous on others, but haven't had the guts yet to try myself! I shall have to give it a go.

Glad you're feeling better!

Saving Capulet said...

oh gosh, you look gorgeous!! i love your cute outfit! <3

Lainie said...

Love those pants, they look comfortable yet pulled together. I really like my wide leg trousers too. They instantly dress me up, especially when i am in a rush to work!

Kat said...

Cool outfit! I have been thinking about braces a lot lately. I saw some in Jay Jays real cheap the other day and was going to grab a pair but didn't. I think this post might make me go back for them.

The Black Opal said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your style is always impeccable.

How do you groom your eyebrows?
I love them so much! I would love to have mine as thin, but kind of scared to touch them. Please help!

What a great idea to rip out the carpet to expose hardwood floors! Even though it seems like a lot of work, I would do it too...if I could :) I live in rental apartment and underneath the carpet is ugly concrete and probably other things I don't want to know about ha ha!

Marie said...

Nice! I really like the colour on your blouse :)

Miss Emmi said...

I love the contrast as well, helps soften the man-style of the braces. I feel a bit the same lately, so hard to get the motivation! I've escaped the flu so far but as I'm dealing with customers everyday I doubt it will be long before I get SOMEBODY'S germs.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Great fringe. You really pull off that look (pants).

Hi Baby Cat. *pat, pat, pat*

Jamie Rose said...

Those wide-legged trousers are awesome with the suspenders on them. Pretty top too!

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

I love the colour of your shirt - such a nice pop of colour in Winter!

Penicillium said...

You look a bit like a teacher. Cute ! :-)

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Wow! Fantastic outfit!

Lesley said...

you remind me of a young katherine hepburn! so beautifully classic and extremely elegant.

the red lips and you're pale complextion add to your old hollywood movie star look.

lesleylavender.blogspot.com

Annalee said...

I absolutely adore this look! You look stunning as always.
xo
Annalee

rachael said...

I know it was a long time ago this post was done but i have only just come across it. i have to say you look stunning! I love wide leg trousers and try to wear them all the time. from seeing this photo its given me some great ideas. i have a pair that have a tuxedo look to them and frim another outfit that i know you have is a skirt from cue with braces. i should sew some buttons on the pants so i can use the braces for them as well. also like yourself i love braces and always looking for more button on ones but can never find them. thankyou for posting as it has helped me alot. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...