Wednesday, 14 September 2011

flower head band

purple dress b

On Monday me and my loved one had a day off. We went for a really nice breakfast at Cafe Rosamond in Collingwood (actually, isn't that bit Fitzroy?), saw some farmyard animals (o hai, sheep working the neon trend) and then went vintage shopping on Smith Street. I saw a great 1940's crepe dress, but it wasn't my size – who says all vintage is small?! Rubbish! – so it didn't come home with me. We then watched old films back at home. A pretty nice relaxing day in Melbourne, then.

I thought I was over flower head bands (hair bands?) but no. I want more! With spring here, they seem just right. I made this one on Sunday, and want to make a dark red one next. And maybe a grey one, too...

The dress is late '70's/early '80's and from an opshop, as is the belt; the socks are... topshop? and the shoes are the same shoes I have worn a million times before and I'm still not sick of them.

In fact, I've rather made a point recently, with myself, when it comes to shoes. I've only really been wearing two pairs, with occasional swaps with one or two other pairs. And I have more than four pairs of shoes. I love shoes! I had wanted to buy less pairs, but nicer quality ones (hello, See by Chloe) because I don't really need so many to chose from. I thought I'd miss the variety but I don't think I have... that said, I saw two pairs I want in the shops, and have a third pair on the way from the US. I'm not on a super-strict shoe diet just yet!

purple dress f

purple dress c

purple dress h

purple dress a

purple dress e

purple dress g

purple dress d

22 comments:

MrJeffery said...

beautiful. love the headband!

esme and the lane way said...

Why thank you!

Ashanti Payne said...

ahh that headband is soooo mice! How did you make it? xxx

sacramento said...

Thank you for todays dose of magic, my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

june said...

You look very nice with this headband and the country around must be beautiful.
Ciao!

Hannah said...

You look beautiful and I do feel flowers in hair never grows old!

Monica said...

Would you do a tutorial on how to make a flower headband like yours?

Dot Deville said...

I love your blog so much! I live in the US and I want to go to Australia sooooo bad.

Keep posting! I love coming home every day from school and seeing that you've posted. <3333

*Joey* said...

you're so pretty! I love the hairband, the colours in it go with your dress beautifully. x
thinkwishful.blogspot.com

LandGirl1980 said...

Love , love, LOVE!

Emily & Gracie said...

Tis pretty indeed!

xGee

Aya Smith said...

You are so unbelievably gorgeous, it's frightening! Seriously, do people just stop and stare at you? LOL I love your hair as well, lovely photos :))

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Gorgeous! Love your flower headband a lot and your dress a lot! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love your dress :D So cute as usual x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Miss Meadows said...

Gorgeous!

Preziosa said...

Love the pics and you look so pretty! I follow you :)

Jamie Rose said...

The flowers in your hair are beautiful! Especially with that lovely little dress.

Twila Jean said...

you are such an elegant beauty. Seriously one of my favorite bloggers. I don't comment much, but how I wish I could have half of your amazing looks. fabulous.

Andi B. Goode said...

I love the flower headband! I want to wear flowers in my hair all spring/summer...but we'll see if I do!
-Andi x

Gracie said...

wow, you look just stunning!

Selina said...

beautiful, you're very elegant. i always enjoy your posts and your delightful pictures. the flower headband is adorable, i want to make one too, but how? thank you for being gorgeous and keep on blogging!

Rowdy Fairy said...

Great post! If you think Melbourne public transport is bad, you should try Brisbane! :) x

Rowdy Fairy Blog
Follow Me on Bloglovin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...