Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Lady Melbourne's 1000th post party!

LM1000 a

Tuesday, not the most exciting day of week. Poor Tuesdays. But I've always found that the weekend feels the furthest away on Tuesday. So, here are some party pics to remind us of good times!

Last Wednesday I joined Lady Melbourne to celebrate her 1000th blog post! I have known Phoebe for a few years now and it has been wonderful to see her blog go from strength to strength. She has worked so hard and really deserves it!

The party was lovely. Unfortunately I had to dash off quite early for a dinner but I had a great time while I was there! Everything was so nice! Beautiful cupcakes and beautiful flowers? Flamingos and birdcages?! Perfect!

LM1000 i

LM1000 h
the party girl!

LM1000 g
I FINALLY met Carly, aka Lady Smaggle – after how many years?! Chuffed!

LM1000 n
Claire of the harbourmaster's colourful eyebrows are amazing. I am going to have to try this. Check out her tutorial for them here!

LM1000 j
I love how at bloggy events the camera is such an accessory! The lovely Miss Bias looked amazing!

LM1000 f

LM1000 d
I didn't manage to get an outfit pic in before I left (running too late). But I loved the birdcages and if you squint a bit you can see me!

LM1000 b
I have a thing about flamingos. They are just so good!

LM1000 c

LM1000 m
me and the party girl (image courtesy of lady melbourne – thank you!) I am wearing a vintage (late 1950s) dress, my Joanne Mercer red wedges and a hair flower I got from Sportsgirl a while ago.

Congratulations Lady!

LM1000 k

LM1000 e


Clare said...

Oh that party looks like so much fun! The bird cages especially.

You both look lovely :)

Rae Veda said...

That looks like such a fun night out. I need to get out more. Hopefully I will have more time in the new year. I love the top knot. So classy. xo, rv


esme and the lane way said...

Clare: it was, with so many nice details! And thanks! :D

Rae Veda: It can be hard to find time sometimes but it is worth it! Yep, Lady M looked amazing! :D

Elegantly Academic said...

That looks like such an amazing night ... & all those cupcakes. I would have been pretty content with just those alone!
Kelly xo

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

What a beautiful party! You look wonderful like always!

Emma said...

So Claire revealed in her corresponsing blog post that your name is.. Maryanne. Huh. I did not know this! I also hadn't visited any of their blogs before so I'm having fun exploring them now :)

Miss Meadows said...

Green eyebrows! What a good idea if you want to change your looks for a while! And the party sounds fab! On a lot of these vintage blogs you see the same faces pop up in the comment boxes. Wouldn't be nice if we could all get together and have a blog-party some day?!...I should really get a better camera, so I can put up bigger (and better) pics on my blog too I...Dear Santa... ;)

esme and the lane way said...

Elegantly Academic: they looked so delicious and now I am regretting not eating one!

Charlie, Feminine Bravery: thanks! :D

Emma : hehe it's actually Marianne but people get it mixed up sometimes... nevermind! Glad to introduce you to other Aus blogs! :D

Miss Meadows: I think a Melbourne vintage bloggers party is a splendid idea, and have been mulling it over for yonks! Maybe one day it'll happen..?! x

cakesandshakes said...

Beautifully stylish party, those cupcakes... mmmm! Plus a few good suggestions for new blogs to visit. You are looking lovely as ever :-)


Aureart said...

Great Party there . . . Cheers!
Ciao dall'Italia

Sleekit said...

Was in New York when you ladies were celebrating, pissed I missed it, would have been so chuffed to meet you, another time! Your last few posts are just breathtaking. LOVE.

Sleekit x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...