Thursday, 20 October 2011

our friends' wedding

wedding g

Last Saturday two of our great friends got married. The wedding and reception was at Matteo's in North Fitzroy. Best way to do it, I think – I am taking notes for my own wedding!

wedding j

The bride was the most beautiful bride ever. Gorgeous hair and earrings, and a beautiful lace dress with amazing buttons down the back.

wedding o




wedding n

The groom looked so immaculate and smart, and even had a piece of material from the wedding dress in his pocket. What a wonderful detail!

wedding l

And he had amazing lego cufflinks, too. More wonderful details! It was SO him, I love it.

wedding e

I love seeing what other guests are wearing, too. This burnt orange dress was stunning.

wedding f

The bathrooms had these  birds on the walls. Yes, I take photos in the toilets. I know, I know. But I love these birds, and I want them in my house!

wedding k

A fellow contrast seam stocking wearer on the night. She looked great, and came up and said hello. We bonded over shoes. She was lovely!

wedding m

I love sparkly things in hair 'dos.

wedding d

Pom poms – or pon poms, which I've heard is the correct term!

wedding h

So much delicious food. I like having my food, and fresh, chilled champagne, bought to me at regular intervals. Yep, I could get very used to that.

wedding a


wedding i


wedding c

When my friends take sneaky pictures of me eating, they do manage to make it semi-flattering.

wedding q

Well, some of the time. It was a ginger chocolate mousse. It was the best mousse I've ever tasted. Can you tell?!

And then it was time to jump into cars and taxis and head further North for the after party!

wedding b

18 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Beautiful photos. I love a wedding that isn't run-of-the-mill. You look pretty as a picture, as usual.

Marie Art said...

Your hairdoes are still so perfect !!!

Blithely Unaware said...

Gorgeous!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

Matteo's was high up on our list for reception venues(Hamish used to work there). Now we've settled on Heide (with Vue De Monde catering) fingers, eyes and toes crossed it will be sublime!!

I love the photos of you eating you look happppppppppppy!! And those seamed stockings on your outfit twin look fantastic.

xox

Emily & Gracie said...

What a beautiful night you had! Everyone/everything looks so lovely. This is why I love weddings.

xxGracie

LandGirl1980 said...

Fab pics - you always manage to get the right amount of flowers in your hair. That amount would look ridiculous on me :(

Louise, Raspberries In Winter said...

Sounds like so much fun!

LouBoo said...

These are beautiful images - very evocative. It all looks utterly stylish and elegant...and the ginger moose shots - well those are quite entertaining! Lou x

Aureart said...

Ah . . . Ver nice Bride indeed . . .Cheers, Tanti Auguri agli Sposi!
Amazing photos . . .by the way I love the food ones, the "ginger chocolate mousse" is moutwatering!
Ciao dall'Italia
Aurè

Döid said...

When I first read the title of this post, I thougt: Well, boring wedding-pictures, alle the same...
But your pics are amazing! I love the details you catched... I'm totaly delighted!
And you look soooo sweet while eating. I wish, I could look like this... <3

Suzy said...

Wonderful photos! And that walpaper oin the bathroom with the birdies? My bedside lampshades are the exact same pattern, lol.

vio said...

the photos look like so much fun and delicious food! :)
and your hairstyle is so beautiful! :)

http://microphoneheart.blogspot.com

esme and the lane way said...

‪Miss Tallulah Porkchop‬ thanks – me too!

‪Marie Art‬ : thanks, I am enjoying the vintage styling ones :D

‪Blithely Unaware‬ : thanks very much :D It is nice to be happy! Fingers crossed for Vue De Monde for you but I am sure it will be wonderful!

‪Emily & Gracie‬: I'm glad! It was the best wedding I've ever been to. :)

‪LandGirl1980‬: hehe really? I am going to town with the hair flowers at the moment – making up for lost tome after getting bored with them a little while ago! :D

‪Louise, Raspberries In Winter: ‬we had a ball! :D


‪LouBoo‬ haha thanks!

‪Aureart‬ : thanks! I really enjoyed taking food pics, I want to do more :)

‪Döid‬ : haha I don't blame you! I think the outfits of everyone and the food is what's interesting in a blog sense, rather than party pics of a bunch of strangers hehe :D

‪Suzy‬: really?! Where did you get it! It's so beautiful. Your lampshades sound amazing!

Suzy said...

I bought them online from here: http://lovefrankie.com/category?mid=1&mainCat=lighting

So many gorgeous quirky things in this shop :)

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Lovely details!

Sorcha said...

Such beautiful photos. It looks like it was a great day :)

Sorcha x
Bonfire Brunette

Helen said...

What a very very stylish wedding. The bride's dress is stunning and the food looks so tasty!
I'm a big fan of nice decoration in toilets

esme and the lane way said...

Suzy: thanks so much for the link! I had a look, and found the name of it... and now I know where to buy it from. The internet is amazing! Thank you so much! :D

Sweet Harvest Moon: thanks! x

Sorcha: it was really lovely, even better than I expected it to be :)

Helen: yay!

Andi B. Goode said...

These photos are so gorgeous - I love the atmosphere. Looks like a lovely wedding! (Also, I think I need to start taking more photos of things other than myself!)
-Andi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...