Friday, 28 October 2011

party chez Che!

che party u

On Wednesday I had the pleasure of going to a party at Che, a boutique eye wear store on Smith Street, Fitzroy. I love – LOVE – vintage glasses – even before I first laid eyes on Jarvis and Graham waaaay back in the early 1990s I loved those big black NHS frames, and I still do, despite their latest hipster status. I love black cats eye frames even more. I would happily wear glasses rather than contact lenses. And you know what? I actually have dodgy vision, but it's only in one eye (will I ever tell you which one? Maybe one day! Perhaps you've seen me squinting cross eyed, and now you know why...) and it's something that can't be fixed by glasses. It's a cruel world. Cruel!

But back to the fun times! Here are some shots from the night. Some of these pieces are original vintage from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s – and they are pretty damn cool. Come to think of it, I read so much that I am pretty sure I could do with a check up..!

che party b

It was lovely to see some other lovely Melbourne bloggers there too – lovely Cheryl of Busichic and Carly Smaggle. Hello!

che party a

che party n

che party d

There was tea and bubbles available – I went for bubbly!

che party m

che party l

Two lovely people who helped make this happen – that is the owner on the right. Lovely chap who knows a lot about his craft!

che party k

che party f

che party e

che party h

The ones above with the silver frames are from the 1940s.

che party j

Perfection part one above; perfection part two below!

che party i

And I am afraid I broke the fashion party rules and actually ate one of those pretty cupcakes. They taste as good as they look. Yum!

che party y

15 comments:

My Favourite Fashion Things said...

you look amazing, I adore your hair

esme and the lane way said...

My Favourite Fashion Things: thank you! I am sometimes a bit unsure about the forward roll on the side, but sometimes I like it, too :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just wondering if what they sell is vintage frames with individual prescription lenses. Do they do sunglasses too?--I mean with new lenses not the old, perhaps not regulation, lenses.

Thanks,

Jess

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

*swoons over glasses*

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Ahhh... the penny just dropped!!! I was taking photos at Nicole's talk on Thursday night. :)

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love your hair! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Makay said...

How did you get to be so darn cute? :)
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Miss Emmi said...

I've walked past this place on my way to work - sadly I start before they are open and finish after they close! ;_; but I can see all the pretties in the window...

Mabel said...

Whoa that looks like an awesome place. I'm a huge fan of vintage glasses and I have 5 or 6 pair that I wear. But I'm always scared they're going to fall apart lol.

Mabel
Mabel Time

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

You look so pretty!

the Salamander said...

Looks like a great time. I love vintage frames. Thanks for sharing.

the Salamander
http://thelifeofasalamander.blogspot.com/

esme and the lane way said...

Anonymous: Hello! Yes they do put prescription lenses into vintage frames, but I am not sure about new lenses into vintage sunglasses. I'd think they would – worth calling them to find out :) It's a good point; I never wear vintage sunnies because I want to guaranteed protection of modern lenses.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: they are awesome, aren't they? Hope you enjoyed the talk, I've been to a couple before and learned so much! :D

Rosalinda Tjioe : thanks! I am still working on front roll bangs on the side... not sure if they really suit my moon face! :D

Makay: ha! :D

Miss Emmi: the window display is really pretty, isn't it!

Mabel: ooh I haz a jealous! Apparently the vintage plastic can get fragile over the years. But they look SO awesome!

Sweet Harvest Moon: thanks lovely! :D

the Salamander: my pleasure! :D

Smaggle said...

Lovely to see you again my dear!

I'll post my pics soon.

x

BusiChic said...

Hey lady, TY for the pic, I'm posting up the ones I took of you soon; can you please provide of your outfit?? cheryl at businesschic.com.au :) X

BusiChic said...

Hey lady, TY for the pic of me - I'm posting mine up of you soon - any chance you can provide details of your cute outfit? cheryl at businesschic.com.au :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...