Tuesday, 8 November 2011

long black skirt and vintage silk head scarf

long skirt head scarf c

vintage Pierre Cardin silk scarf, wool jumper, blouse and long skirt: op shops // leather bag: mimco // red wedges: joanne mercer

This is from last week, when we were doing some stuff to the house and had to go to Bunnings. Wearing a headscarf over pin curls has been something of a revelation; having finally worked out how to secure one to my head in a way that makes sure it stays out over night, I now have the joy of silkier curls! I am also rather taken by it as a hair do for such salubrious outings as a midweek afternoon in Bunnings.

I have a cold now (achoo!) and I can now see that it was coming when I look at my face in these. I am practically over it now, though, so never mind! I will do those hair tutorial vids asap :) And thank you, John, for taking the pictures! x

Obviously there are one or two things I would change about this – I'd like a smoother, softer blouse under the jumper! I will be on the look out for more blouses on my op shop trips. Still, I got to try an idea for a casual outfit and I was pretty happy it!

long skirt head scarf a


long skirt head scarf d

long skirt head scarf e

16 comments:

My Favourite Fashion Things said...

gorgeous

Immortality Passion said...

So sweet....beautiful.Follow me.

LandGirl1980 said...

ROCKING the headscarf me'lady!

Katherine said...

I love your long skirt + platforms combo! Very chic :)

Charis said...

You look uber-glam & I want your shoes :)

Makay said...

What a fun look! :)
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Rae Veda said...

Your headscarf looks adorable! I absolutely love this look on you. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Loving the scarf. I have no scarf skills.

Mabel said...

Aww you look adorable! I can't seem to tie a scarf in any way whatsoever :/

Mabel
Mabel Time

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Awwwww ... I love the pic of you with the postcard:). This outfit is super perfecto for a trip to Bunnings, reminds me of the time I popped on a see-through 40s evening frock to fix the car - hehehe! You are one hot tamale in the scarf, skirt and red wedges!!!!!! xo

Mara said...

I am in love with those shoes! They're such a happy color! And I also really love your headscarf. I wish I could wear headscarves so well. You look beautiful, as always!

Katrina said...

Love the outfit and the head scarf!

A trick I learned for layering a blouse (especially a looser one) under a jumper without the lumps and shifting: Put a camisole tank on over the blouse, and then the jumper on over that. The Camisole helps keep everything flat, smooth and prevents it all from moving about too much.

LITTLE KESS said...

Skirt is killer!

Charlotte Drene said...

The headscarf looks bitchin' :-)

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Love the scarf in your hair! Lovely!

Andi B. Goode said...

I think I must toss and turn a LOT when I'm sleeping because no amount of bobby pins will keep a scarf on my head - I generally have to put two on! Haha. Your headscarf looks decidedly more glamorous than mine - do love that you wore this to Bunnings, as well. :)
-Andi x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...