Wednesday, 30 November 2011

melbourne tweed ride

tweedride b
tweedride w

On Sunday me, John and a friend went on the Melbourne Tweed Ride. I have wanted to do this for such a long time, and I was chuffed that it was finally happening. Being unsure of the weather, I went for the vintage dress option rather than tweed, and, while that suited the elements – pretty cold morning, nicely warm lunchtime, very hot afternoon – typical, Melbourne! – I must admit I do wish I had suited up in tweed too! As in my case the wearing of a bike helmet renders good hair impossible, I simply enjoyed the ride, and photographed the amazing turn outs of my fellow tweed riders!

tweedride u

It was a pretty good feeling to be riding along, at a leisurely pace, with such a group of great bikes and dapper types. I can't wait for the next one! I have some far more tweedy outfits in mind ;)

tweedride f
tweedride j
tweedride l
tweedride k
tweedride m
tweedride i
tweedride h
tweedride e
tweedride g
tweedride a
tweedride d
tweedride v
tweedride t
tweedride s
tweedride r
tweedride q
tweedride p
tweedride n
tweedride o
tweedride ae
tweedride ad
tweedride ac
tweedride ab
tweedride aa
tweedride z
tweedride y
tweedride x
tweedride c

21 comments:

The Collar of the Dove said...

oh what a stylish bunch!

Michelle's Style File said...

How fabulous! I would love to have seen this in person.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Madeleine said...

I participated in the Sydney Tweed Ride- such a fun idea, showing people you don't need to be tight-lycra clad to be able to ride a bike. Cycling can be a very classy & dapper affair! Beautiful photos.

Madeleine

madlikelife.blogspot.com

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I cannot believe I have never heard of this. It looks awesome!

*sings* Ridin' along on my pushbike, honey...

Jo said...

Ohh, this sounds like the greatest idea ever! <3 Everyone looks oh-so stylish!

x
Lost in the Haze

Emily Baker said...

this looks incredible!! I had no idea anything like this existed. Your photographs came out beautifully too :)

Q's Daydream said...

amazingly fun!

Tegan McIntosh said...

This is seriously awesome, I didn't know that such a thing existed!

www.teganiasthoughts.blogspot.com

Katie said...

How fantastic! I had no idea a tweed run was being held in Melbourne. It looks like much fun was had by all.

Aureart said...

Great Post . . .W the bikers & Viva la Bicicletta!
Ciao
Aurè

Zane said...

great photos, I really enjoyed this

Rose said...

Looks like you'd an amazing time riding! After having something planned from ages and seeing it manifesting in reality is an overwhelming experience in itself.
Check this out if you want to -
Is The Sun Shining Today Over You?
How can you guess what kind of day you will have?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/emotions/emotions_instructions.asp

LandGirl1980 said...

Oh this looks like SO much fun!! I really must try and do the one in the UK next year...

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh what I would have given to be there!!! I love the girl with the bike that has a tartan pannier bag (is it you?) and how about the guy with the awesome hat box on his bike!! Penny farthings, outfits in such a glorious variety and lots of smiles - what a day!

Pippy O' Hara said...

oooo this is wonderful :)

Miss Emmi said...

Is that girl with the pith hat wearing one of those awesome helmets-disguised-as-hats? I must know where she got it, if so!

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Emmi: it is! And wearing it is the lovely Joyce of Cyclestyle – she can help with all sorts of not-ugly helmets! x

Lilian Harlow said...

This looks like so much fun! I harbour an unrequited love for bicycles... I love them, but they don't love me. I adore these photos, each and every one is beautiful and you've captured the day perfectly! Glorious.

hong-lean said...

awesome fashionable helmets!

megcasson said...

This looks amazing, so many nice outfits! What a fun day!

- kindoflovely.com

Tasha said...

This looks just so magical! I love all the outfits and tweedy goodness. Looks like a delightful time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...