Tuesday, 1 November 2011

some 1930's inspiration

claire trevor 1934
source

While we are on the subject of 1930's beauty, I wanted to share these images with you. I think they are so beautiful! I'd like to share more inspiration pictures – if you are interested, of course! Do let me know if you are.

Tomorrow will be Floorboard Sanding, Wall Painting, Wardrobe Door Prepping and Shelf Putting Upping day chez esme, so I might not be able to film the hair tutorials as I was hoping to. And I have had two days of great set hair with the best curls I've had for months, too! Boo. Still, I'll see what I can do :) I will get them up asap.

Also, I want to say thank you for taking the time to fill out the Nuff Nang questionnaire on the right, if you have! And if you haven't I would really appreciate it if you could. It only takes a few seconds – it's only about three questions – and it would be a great help! x

myrna loy 1930s
source

leila hyams 1932
source

14 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Now, I could do the third one. *sobs* So bad at hair.

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: hehe I do like the hat and bow combo though – and it is cold enough to wear a hat at the moment! Brr!

va said...

So pretty , I wish I could see more women sport this in real life ! It looks like it takes a lot of product to hold the hairstyle in place .

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Beautiful hair <3 Such an inspiration! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

cakesandshakes said...

Very classy photos. Good luck with your house renovations, I am about to undergo some as well, *not* looking forward to the 'during' part, could happily just sleep until everything is done :-)

Cakes
http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

the Salamander said...

I love that you comment on your comments! And if it inspires you, do share!

My Favourite Fashion Things said...

beautiful photos

Helen said...

I've done the little survey, though the question about jobs didn't have an option for me really! So I went with student as I will be next year!

mel d said...

that third girl is divine. i love her little waves on her left side. perfection.

amy said...

Oh 30's... such beautiful ladies... the style is so feminine and classy.

hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
amyflyingakite.com

esme and the lane way said...

‪va‬ : yep lots of hairspray!

‪Rosalinda Tjioe‬: it almost makes me want to chop my hair short!

‪cakesandshakes‬ : thanks! We just did the heavy stuff today; I'm going to be painting for the rest of the night but the worst bit is over! I can't wait for it to be finished :D Good luck with yours!

‪the Salamander‬ : sounds sensible! I am sure there will be more inspiration posts :)

‪My Favourite Fashion Things‬ : aren't they! I could look at vintage tumblers all day :D

‪Helen‬ : thanks so much! I think the categories are fairly narrow to keep info manageable, I wouldn't worry about that at all. x Studying! Exciting!

‪mel d‬: I know! And her bow scarf on the hat and at her neck…

‪amy‬ : I now, I love it! :D

Retro Chick said...

I really need a hair cut so I can have a go at these styles. I love the curls on the first picture.

BaronessVonVintage said...

divinity!!! thanks for sharing these!

Emily Jane said...

Love 30s style! Just wish it suited me, it actually just makes me look like a wet head. Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...