Friday, 23 December 2011

the day before the day before Christmas

green room a

So, Christmas is more or less here, presents are (hopefully) bought, possibly not wrapped, food is prepared, champagne is chilled, and nerves are suitably taut. I decided that this would be the best week to paint our bedroom, which I might or might not regret now, at least timing wise, but I do love the colour. I went with "pale spring", really rather appropriate when I chose it back in, um, spring, but it looks great and I am really happy it is finally done. I'm going to have plenty of plants in here to keep this one company!

Yesterday evening I picked up our fruit and veg. We use an amazing service that has boxes of local, organic produce, and it's always a surprise what we are going to get, as it is only what is in season and good at the time. I quite like this delving into the unknown. I walked home with my basket (bear with me, it was part of my country village lifestyle fantasy, but it was too heavy for the basket and my metal wheely nanna wagon will replace rustic nirvana next time) in some late afternoon golden sunshine. I then made a cheesecake before eating a basil salad and some fresh asparagus with butter and pepper, watching the end of the sunset through the window.

Thank you SO much for the lovely comments about my hair; and I was kind of nervous about posting it, too! I absolutely do want to try red hair, so we'll wait and see... anyway. I probably won't post it unset, but this here was not set the night before, and the day before I had my first go at this length with smooth, sculpted waves – lots of brill cream and lacquer – and this is what it did of its own accord. I am quite pleased, really – still plenty of bounce to work with!

We are going to be with family for Christmas Eve day and Christmas day proper, so I probably won't be able to post or answer questions and emails for a day or two. Still, I am sure you will be busy with your own Christmases, and I hope they are good ones! Have a great time, and I'll see you soon x

green room d
green room e
green room f
green room g

17 comments:

Vickie said...

fresh produce, yum. We get fruit & veg delivered by a local organic farmer every week during summer & it's just the best.

Merry Christmas :)

Frankly My Dear said...

mmm... yummy! love the dress. I've been wanting to paint my room, but alas! I'm not allowed to.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oh, oh, oh...I am still LOVING THAT HAIR.

Great dress btw. Enjoy your Christmas.

x

kokomo said...

hi. :D

i have to say you are one of my favorite bloggers, every time i see a now post from you on my dash i literally squeal! Now i have some questions (i guess you get them like 9736592874190857 times a day.. but i could not find any answers!)
1. whats (or was) your hair care routine for the long hair? i want to grow mine too and i am just collecting tips from everywhere. :D
2. how do you get and maintain your pale skin? i try to go pale aswell, but i tan quite easily and in that nasty school-and-other-official-buildings-light i sometimes simply look yellow (whereas some ppl in my class look orange all the time from the selftanning - yuck!)
3. have you got any tips for some amazing vintage (30-50s) (prom)dresses?

i'd be so happy if you'd answer!
marry christmas!

Michelle said...

Lovely post! And your hair looks fantastic :)

I've been trying to go for a more vintage cut (currently rockin' the 70s shag), but I'm not exactly how to ask them to cut it. Any advice?

Mira said...

You are so lovely! I love these pictures :)
-Mira from http://oneclassymeerkat.blogspot.com/

A Certain Vintage said...

the green colour is beautifully fresh, it will be so calming in a bedroom i think. Love your shorter hair and all your stylings, I've been struggling with 40s hair styles for too long - my hair is just too frizzy all the time! xox

Teresa said...

Merry Xmas to you lovely lady! :)

Rae Veda said...

That looks so great! Have a great Christmas. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Gorgeous shots! You look as usual very beautiful :) Merry Christmas! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Mabel said...

Merry Christmas!!! Hope you have a lovely time with your friends and family :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Harlow Darling said...

I love your hair like this, it reminds me a little of Betty Draper's hair!
Hope your Christmas is delightful and that your loved ones spoil you :)

Alli said...

Hope you have an awesome Christmas with your family :)
And I love your hair unset.....so natural and fresh. Looks gorgeous ( and I SO want that pink dress....it's adorable!)

Sophie said...

I'd love to know the name of that service - those veggies look delicious! Adore the "pale spring" and the hair! Hope you had a relaxing Xmas break. xx

Anonymous said...

Is it Ceres Fair Food? They are amazing. :)

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Your short hair is so beautiful! You look stunning!

Merry Christmas!

esme and the lane way said...

Hi! I will answer your questions properly as soon as I can – I want to give them the time they deserve :) Thanks for the lovely comments! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...