Tuesday, 6 December 2011

make up: the perfect powder

mecca nars a

The other day I happily received a present – from me to my good self. Well it is the season and all that. I was looking for a new face powder, somewhat halfheartedly, I must admit, hoping to find something very budget friendly so I could spend my monies on more important things, like overseas travel, and shoes. I had a few tip offs for a certain brand whose other products I love and whose price was definitely right, but unfortunately the colour wasn't. The fairest shade was a bit too dark and too orangey, and was noticeable on my skin – my face would be an orange on a white stick. Not a good look.

I have been wearing powder everyday lately, as I love the velvety, super-matte finish, but of course it needs to be the right shade. So when I just happened to be passing a Mecca store the other weekend, and as makeup shopping – especially for fancy, nicely packaged brands – is one of my favourite things, I thought I'd pop in for a quick lap. And I am so glad I did. I found this fantastic powder by Nars, a brand I'd heard good things about for years but had never tried myself. It's super fine, has a light feel whilst still providing good coverage over my foundation – I was after a powder to add a layer of colour and coverage, as well as matte-ifying and setting everything – and is the perfect pale shade. I find it tends ever so slightly to the yellow, rather than pink, side of things, which I personally find more flattering. Giving is just as good as receiving, right? Happy Christmas to me!

mecca nars b
mecca nars c
mecca nars d
mecca nars e

17 comments:

Caitlin Shearer said...

Have you heard of the makeup brand Lily Lolo? They are a UK based mineral makeup brand, and i'm hooked on their stuff. Nice pale foundations - Seems like something that might be up your alley.

Clare @ cclarebear.com said...

I love NARS - so glad you're a fan! I haven't tried the powder, but I do have about 10 of their blushes :P

esme and the lane way said...

Caitlin Shearer: I haven't, but I'm looking them up right now – they do sound amazing and definitely up my alley! ps I saw some of your beautiful work recently and recognised it as yours straight away – so distinctive! x

Clare @ cclarebear.com: oooh, I bet their blushers are amazing..! I've got to try some. Matte blushers would be a dream, if they exist..! x

Vintage Hippo said...

Yay for awesome new makeup! Nars always has really awesome stuff, I love their lip products.

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

Love!

The Bootlace

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I LOVE Nars. But I can't do powder - sticks in the wrinkles. trust me - it is all smoke and mirrors.

Makay said...

Congrats on finding a perfect foundation powder- they are nearly a million percent impossible to find. Haha...
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Immortality Passion said...

I have problems with powder. What ever I buy it is too dark for my skin :(

Up Toon Girl said...

I'm another Lily Lolo fan! I wear their Porcelain shade and it is a perfect match for my super pale skin.

Lisa said...

I'm not sure I would classify it as a matte blush, but I am *hooked* on Benefit's Benetint blush and lip stain. It's a lovely pink shade and when applied looks like you've just come in from the cold! I love it on my fair skin.

Cate said...

I remember reading that you were looking for new matte blushers... my all time favorite is one that I think you would LOVE... Bobbi Brown in Pale Pink. It looks like a bright pink in the compact, but when you dust it on your cheeks it gives the most angelic, lit from within, matte blush to the cheeks. I too have pale skin and it's the perfect shade for us porcelain beauties. It's my little secret that I'll gladly give to you. ;)

Rae Veda said...

I love Nars. Great makeup. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

sacramento said...

I always choose my Christmas presents, and buy them. it is the only way to get it right, hehehehe

You are so gorgeous, and I am so proud to have you on board now.
Mil besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kristin said...

yay for perfect powder color!!
I use coty powder, and looooove it!!

Dika Dewi said...

congrats for your foundation..
glad to see that..

with love:
http://kiddieelf.blogspot.com

ConstantlyAlice said...

Nars blush IS amazing. Lovely colors. I actually use stage make up powder by Kryolan. I'm super fair and it comes in lots of shades!

Phlox said...

Have you tried MAC Studiofix in N3? Very pale and velvety. You seem to know good make-up so I'm sure you've tried it. Just thought I'd leave another suggestion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...