Friday, 9 December 2011

modcloth blogger of the moment – and a namesake dress

modcloth dress m

As you know, Modcloth have asked me to be their blogger of the moment! I am absolutely thrilled – it was so out of the blue. I didn't expect it at all!

But thanks to Melbourne being completely uncooperative weather wise, I only wore my namesake dress for the first time today. After a week of several layers of wool, leather jackets and even vintage fur (it's new-to-me, it's beautiful and it deserves a post of its own!) the temperature has suddenly soared (uncomfortably high; typical!) and so I got to wear my polka dot dress. At last! I had planned to get some nice photos outside, you know, somewhere green and lush and lovely. But here I am hiding from the heat with the doors closed, eyeing off the air con... but you can still see how good the dress is!

I love the collar; it really reminds me of those 1930's sailor inspired outfits. It's a flattering, comfortable style, too, and I am rather fond of it – so thanks very much, Modcloth! You can find the Esme and the Laneway Dress here.

I also put together a favourites list on Modcloth too – which was such a task, as I am sure you can imagine. I actually want everything on there, but this and these in particular keep demanding my attention, and I really do think they just have to be mine. They are both SO perfect!

So, thanks again to Modcloth – such an honour! I am SO chuffed! xxx

modcloth dress b
modcloth dress j
modcloth dress f
modcloth dress a

28 comments:

Lilian Harlow said...

Congratulations and it couldn't be more well-deserved! You're a style icon if ever there was one :)

I love your namesake dress. The notched collar is perfection. And don't even get me started on red/white polkadots *swoon*.

Kerry said...

That dress is absolutely perfect on you! You always look so incredible in red, and that neckline is gorgeous.

Congratulations on the accolade :-)

Oh, and I can't wait for a post on that vintage fur - it sounds devine!

Clare @ cclarebear.com said...

ooooooo! Gorgeous dress - can't believe you have a dress named after you, that's awesome!

Sher said...

aww, the dress is almost as pretty as you:)

xx

Frankly My Dear said...

i will admit when she showed the sneak peek, i snuck over to modcloth to find it. it looks even better on! so adorable! great for the summer. today was a bit of a stinker, especially when walking around for 2 hours trying to run errands. but really nice at nighttime by the beach!
just gorgeous, as usual.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com/

Elegantly Academic said...

Oh congrats again! This dress is perfect for you ... FYI Adelaide weather isn't being much nicer :(
Kel xo

sacramento said...

I am not surprised at all, delicious Marianne.
You are always such an inspiration.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vickie said...

congratulations :)
your namesake dress is adorable & I love the one you liked to - it's gorgeous

Hooked on Shoes said...

Love it. Might have to buy it.

LandGirl1980 said...

Looks a treat on you love - but too short for me to consider it. Another 6'' of material and I would luuuurve it.

I am jelly of your summery weather. Getting chuffing freezing here.

Katha Strophe said...

Congratulations!

This is such a cute dress and I love your picks :)

Makay said...

Classy!
You look gorgeous as always.
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Zane said...

beautiful dress, it looks fab on you

Q's Daydream said...

Sailor inspired and polka dots? Modcloth got you right! ;o) Love it!

Mabel said...

Once this dress goes on sale, I'm definitely going to buy it :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

The Retro Natural said...

Congrats on being chosen as the blogger of the moment, that's very spiffy indeed! I love your favorite picks! Ok, I'm going to go wipe the droll away now :)

Kari said...

Congrats on becoming ModCloth's blogger of the month! You're always so lovely, but your namesake dress is perfection! <3

Vintage Hippo said...

Congratulations! That's such an amazing dress!

MrJeffery said...

beautiful red!

Debi said...

Lovely dress! And congrats on the modcloth honour! You totally deserve it for your fabulous blog--I check it daily! xoxoxo

Teresa said...

Such a cute dress! I love the collar too and red is such a great colour on you. Congratulations on having a dress named after you!!! :D

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

How bad would it have been if it was a fugly dress? Luckily, just like your good self, it is DIVINE.

Esz said...

Way cute!! I dont dare go on Modcloth these days cos I end up wanting EVERYTHING and getting supremely disappointed when stuff sells out so fast. One day....

Theyre coats are usually totally amazing - and yes, I am wont to go winter shopping in the middle of summer. It's just how I roll ;-PPP

Tegan McIntosh said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! that dress is amazing, and how lucky you are to be the blogger of the moment!

BaronessVonVintage said...

congrats, gorgeous lady! What a beautiful dress!

Yours Truly, x said...

What a beautiful dress for a beautiful blogger! Well done! You look flawless.

Smaggle said...

Oh my but that dress is perfect for you! Delicious!

Congratulations! Australian bloggers represent!

x

Meanz Chan (Koi Story) said...

Congrats, that dress is beautiful and you look so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...