Thursday, 8 December 2011

new shoes – but something's different

brogues asos a

These days when I think of buying new shoes, I automatically – instinctively – think of high heels – and one of my first places to look is on Asos. Lately I have been questioning that, though. I now have several (many?!) pairs of high heeled shoes – almost all platforms, to be precise – and as much as I love them, I have been meaning to get a bit more sensible again. It's been a blessing and a curse that chunky, ankle strapped platforms – and in colours, no less! – have been enjoying a moment in the fashion sun. The thing is, until fairly recently I made sure I had plenty of flats, too, for getting about day to day, but somewhere along the line, over the last 18 months or so, that good habit became one I accidentally dropped. Now don't get me wrong, I love my big enormous heels and wouldn't wear them if they weren't comfortable, but for all day trekking? No. I need more suitable shoes for that.

This past weekend I decided it was time to take action! I actually clicked through to shoes > flats… strange new territory. I love brogues, and have done for years, and so finally took the plunge and got myself a pair – they've been in fashion for a while now, and so are only going to be so easily available for so long… better to do it now before I miss out. I went for these dark red patent leather ones; masculine styling with feminine touches at the same time. I look forward to wearing them this summer, and next winter too – and I think my feet will thank me!

And you – do have have go to styles? Are you drawn to heels, like I am, or maybe the same style dress again and again?

brogues asos b

21 comments:

Sophie said...

Gorgeous brogues! Funnily enough, my favourite shoes are two pairs of heeled brogues (solid stacked heels and not too high though), one black, one patchwork brown, which I wear everywhere and with everything. So comfy! I'll be devastated when they need to be retired! I also have a flat black pair, come to think of it, which gets overlooked. Might be time to put them back into circulation...

sacramento said...

Wondefful shoes,Esme.
I would love to see you wearing them
Besosssssssssssssss
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh hell's bells I love the pink contrast on these gorgeous brogues! I don't have a preference really - something just clicks in my head and I have no shoe-control.

Erika said...

While I love, love, love heeled shoes, my feet does not share this sentiment. I prefer 5-7 cm heels, without platforms, 40s or 50s style. My feet prefer ergonomic, perfectly cushioned and balanced shoes where my orthopaedic insoles fits, and if they don't get such shoes they complain =(
So basically, for me anything other than shoes that look like athletic wear counts as pretty =) I have a pair of ortho loafers that I use all the time. They may look a bit granny-style, but at least they go with skirts!
All in all: from someone who's feet can barely walk even in ballerina-shoes: be kind to your feet, they're the only ones you're ever going to get. Flats once in a while is a great plan. =)

Frankly My Dear said...

ooo! i included the pink version of these in a pink shoes post! i love this style of shoe. I'm a bit of the opposite with the heels versus flats. as much as I love heels... a get rare opportunity to wear them.

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

Perfect!!

The Bootlace

LandGirl1980 said...

I adore brogues. They are perfect for completing an outfit that you can WALK in - all day :) I own pairs in tan, brown and black. I take inspiration from ladies of yore who had to be practical. And they all looked fab - so I am hoping their fabness shall transfer to me :)

Q's Daydream said...

Cute!

Charis said...

I mostly wear ballet flats although when I do wear heels I prefer wedges. Tonight I'll be wearing my wedge Mary-Janes because it's my birthday!

Selina said...

I wish I could wear heels but my feet can only handle low ones so I rarely wear them, no matter how pretty they are. I now have a collection of flat lace up brogues to compensate :P

Miss Emmi said...

Pretty sure my boyfriend will kill me if I get any more high heels from asos... I have a track record of picking the highest, most uncomfortable ones possible. I have many pairs of brogues though! Love them!

Lisa said...

I can't get enough of mary janes (the higher the heel the better!) and ballet flats. I own a pair in every colour imaginable!

Lainie said...

I LOVE HIGH HEELS! Chunky ones. But I wear them at work-when I'm at my desk-or if I go out somewhere special. Otherwise I wear flats or kitten heels. My knees hurt when I walk around in heels for a long period of time. So I find myself always buying both haha

skippysays said...

Those are so pretty! I'm usually in heels as well, but those are flats I would wear- such gorgeous detailing on them!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution said...

Love them! And I'm wearing my brogues at this very moment! haha, these ones: http://fashionisevolution.blogspot.com/2011/07/harry-potter-premier-party-and-costumes.html

bespokehome said...

Can't wait to see how you pull these off. With white bobby socks perhaps?

bespokehome said...

Can't wait to see how you style these. With white bobby type socks perhaps?

Rosey Vintage said...

I love heel, but unfortunately, I'm not comfortable wearing them. I'm too tall and then end up towering over everyone. I usually wear ballet flats. I'm currently obsessively searching for red, blush, and navy ones. The red ones especially. And for some reason I'm having a hard time finding a pair that I love. Well, that's not strictly true. The pair I love is discontinued. So now I'm continuing my search. :/

Zane said...

beautiful

Lauren Helen said...

I ALWAYS go with dresses with a flared skirt. I have wiggle skirts, but I almost never go for the dresses that are tight. Whenever my friends wear them I can't get over how fantastic they look, but I still never find myself scoping them out. Trying to change this ;)

Helen said...

Oh how I wish you would do an outfit post including these beauties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...