Wednesday, 7 December 2011

rain drops and headscarves

dots stripes d

One week into to summer and it is starting to warm up! At least a little. This is from the weekend before last, when it was not exactly summery... one of those rainy and dark grey but still really bright days that mean I can barely open my eyes without my sunglasses. This is turn means that I get to make silly faces when I try it. I had a party to go to later that evening, so I wore a headscarf over my pincurls – dry hair during the day, and, hopefully, curls later. Of course it poured on the way to the party and I got absolutely soaked and so had straight hair all of five minutes later, but what can you do? At least I can say I tried.

This 1970s purple polka dot dress has been getting a fair bit of wear lately. Tt's been perfect for these cooler days. I have a few similar-but-not-identical long ribbed socks that I've been wearing as stockings, too; I am just so tired of wearing tights and it just seems to wrong to need to! Bare legs are almost here again...

dots stripes b
dots stripes c
dots stripes a
dots stripes h
dots stripes i
dots stripes g
A bee took a fancy to John and settled down on his lapel. Bee refused to leave and hitched a ride with us over a main road and round a corner, and it took some vigorous jacket-shaking to send him back on his own independent path. Maybe he felt he fitted in best on the tweed.
dots stripes k
dots stripes jjpg

31 comments:

Anniina said...

That scarf looks so good! You're such an elegant lady. I love your complexion, I think it makes your lipstick stand out beautifully! :-)

Vintage Hippo said...

Gosh your outfits never cease to amaze me. Great shoes!

Caitlin Shearer said...

The bee would make a nice brooch!

Aleksandra said...

Love the look!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Nice brooch. LOL!

You are a master of the scarf!

AngeliqueDama said...

Beautiful as always!:***

Miss Marie said...

You needed a rain bonnet! That would have saved your hair.

Love your coat, by the way. Very cute.

Miss Maple said...

I'd like to be in your place with having summer in front of me, looking forward to wearing sunglasses and having bare legs. Here rain and snow are alternating and its cold and damp outside. By the way your sunglasses are gorgeous.
Have a colourful day!

Vivian said...

I really like your sunglasses, where did you get them?

It happened to me so many times - I curled my hair, but the weather was humid, so everything got straight after few minutes, so annoying!

Miss Maple said...

I'd like to be in your place with summer in front of me, wearing sunglasses and having bare legs. Here rain and snow are alternating and it's really cold and damp outside. By the way your sunglasses are gorgeous. Wish to have similar ones.
Have a colourful day!

Q's Daydream said...

Oh so very pretty!

cakesandshakes said...

You look amazing as always, love the colours in the headscarf on you!

http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Kristin said...

::gasp:: I am so in love with your outfit..and the rain coat is amazing, where did you find such a cute coat??

Lisa said...

That bee looks like a great lapel pin! lol!

Did you know you have a picture not working in this post? It's the fifth one down. Just thought you'd like to know!

Lisa.

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Hehe, the bee is too cute!! It's funny how they'll just plant themselves like that. And my goodness, you look absolutely divine - love this look head to toe + the sunglasses are just gorgeous on you. xo veronika

Taylor said...

I envy your headscarf wearing ability - I looks so lovely on you.

Also, can you pretty please tell my what lippy you are wearing? It is the perfect shade of red!

Mabel said...

I'd be terrified to be that close to a bee!!! I feel uneasy just looking at it.

You look so cute :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Frankly My Dear said...

that light mauve is a brilliant colour! i really love the wide variety of colours that you wear, always something different, so happy it's summer!

sacramento said...

Wonderful outfit and photos. Even the bees love you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Pretty outfit <3 Great shots! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Wow, you look amazing! I love your headscarf xx

ConstantlyAlice said...

What a beautiful scarf! I never seem to quite pull off the turban look, but it's so lovely on you, maybe I'll give it another try ;)

Miss Meadows said...

Love that "brooch" :) I wore a 50s hat mad of fabric Lily of the Valleys to a wedding last summer. A bumblebee landed on it and tried for quite some time to get something out of those fabric flowers. Poor little one... :)

Mara said...

I love your coat and scarf! Gorgeous.

LandGirl1980 said...

Sometimes a headscarf if the ONLY way to go! Looking HAWT!

Zane said...

you are so beautiful

Faux Fuchsia said...

Dear Esme, I love everything esp the eyeliner. Love bees, they are the Official Motif of my blog. Keep up your Well Groomed Work x

angelaseeangelablog said...

Delightful to meet you last night! Hope you had a wonderful time. Love the scarf!

XXASAB
New post: TOPSHOP Launch party
http://angelaseeangelablog.wordpress.com/

Lauren said...

Loving the liptick and the headscarf together, they really set one another off!

Hannah said...

oh the shot of you looking sulky is adorable you are so pretty it makes me sick hah x

Alex Charls said...

I love your head-scarf....its looks so beautiful and attractive!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...