Sunday, 22 January 2012

polka dots and ankle socks

polka red blue a
shorts, blouse :: op shops
socks :: sportsgirl
shoes :: joanne mercer

As much as I love my vintage frocks, I do still love some good op shop goodies, too. These shorts were part of a shirt 'n' shorts set and I cut up the shirt to make a collar; I have it somewhere and, after "resting" it in my wardrobe for 18 months or so (I didn't have the right jumper! And now I do) will probably wear it fairly soon.

I must admit, cutting up a silk summery top seems like madness to me now, but I would only do that if it wasn't right for me as it was, and it was really ugly from memory. Let's hold onto that memory. I'm starting to wonder if it was actually awesome. No. It was not awesome.

But where was I? Right. These polka dot silk shorts are nice and swooshy and are almost, I believe, a skort, and are great for bike riding on hot days. I shortened them a little when I got them but they are still a long way from short shorts and don't reveal too much leg. I like them with this blue blouse, which is another op shop find. This blouse will get a good few wears this summer. And pale blue and red... a favourite combination!

polka red blue b

26 comments:

Luna said...

I adore your wardrobe! Hope my collection will be so amazing in the future - no soon! :D
xx

Carys said...

I love the soft colours with the bright red shoes! This outfit is so pretty!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Frankly My Dear said...

very good op shop find! I love the colour of the shirt.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Charlotta Grönberg said...

How lovely! The combination of pale blue and red is indeed wonderful on you, but I've tried it a few times for myself and it just doesn't seem quite right... Perhaps I've had the wrong shade of blue. You look beautiful as always! xxx

Lauren Helen said...

Wow this is so pretty! I love the red shoes with the red lip contrasting against the pale colours! Sooooo beautiful!

Makay said...

Precious!
I love this look.
I want some socks about the same color with lace. :)
Ky
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

j. said...

I have infinite jealousy over your Joanne Mercer wedges. Everytime I go in there, I think of you and your cute red shoes.

Charlotte said...

I love everything about it! I also love your new photo spot :)

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Jo said...

Aw, this is the prettiest colour combination ever! <3 I love love love the brightness of the red flower against your pale blue blouse! So gorgeous!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Jamie Rose said...

This is amazing! I love blue and red together too so the choice to wear those red shoes is perfect in my book. I also love your cute little dotted shorts!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Adore this outfit so much! Love the color combinations =) x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Andi B. Goode said...

Pale blue and red is always a winner in my books! And it looks great with those shorts, too. Sometimes nothing beats a good op-shop find. :D
-Andi x

Steph G said...

I just adore this outfit! So cute, the pale blue and red are a match made in heaven!

xx

http://writingsonwardrobes.blogspot.com/

Jade said...

a quick glance at the picture before oppening i thought "i it supposed to be summer for you why is she wearing white tights" lol you could give dita a run for her money. i also have pale legs almost transparant haha love love love those shoes

Jade
http://wrongsideof20.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

Those shoes are quite fab !

In The Heyday said...

Lovely outfit and colour scheme. That blouse was horrid, it must have been or you wouldn't have considered up-cycling it!

Rebeccak said...

Love the shorts! Perfect for a summer adventure.

Lady Cherry said...

Very cute. I am always cutting things up to make something else...it just makes sense to make the most of it if you have paid for it.

Kelly-Marie said...

Gorgeous colours! You look perfect against the green backdrop, just beautiful.

his_girl_friday said...

This is perfection.

LandGirl1980 said...

Oooooh!! Purty!!

Zane said...

adorable shorts and perfect shoes

THE-LOUDMOUTH said...

You're super pretty and I'm jealous of the wonderful lighting in your home!

Sarah said...

So pretty! x

Sandra said...

Love the outfit, so perfect for the summer. Love the pairing of ankle socks, I am so fearful; of wearing them so that I don't look like a little girl, but you look great in them.

vio said...

i love your sense of combining colours, fabrics and pattern! :)
<3

*MICROPHONEHEART.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...