Monday, 16 January 2012

vintage grey dress and collars and buttons... and jackets and gloves!

grey button collar dress k
dress, jacket, tie, gloves :: vintage
EDIT: as is something of a tradition, I forgot an item! The cape is Asos, and, after months of looking at it online, I found it at an op shop :)

Our cold spell continues... I didn't think I'd be wearing this dress for a good few months, but I got to take it out for the first time last week. It was, in fact, cold enough to need layering... welcome to Melbourne's summertime!

grey button collar dress b
So, I started out with my new vintage dress. I love this style, with the collar and the buttons... it's becoming a bit of a thing for me!

grey button collar dress d
But I've been in a neck accessory (necksessory?) mood this week. So, I add a stripy tie from another vintage dress and jacket set.

grey button collar dress g
grey button collar dress h
And then that jacket goes on top.

grey button collar dress i
Believe it or not, it was actually cold enough for gloves!

grey button collar dress l
And there was rain, so I needed a cape. And needed to make a serious face, too.

grey button collar dress m
But not for too long.

grey button collar dress j
And that's it! It's warmed waaaay up again now, and I am back in sundresses and accossorising with sunburn and mozzie bites. But for once, I don't seem to mind too much. There are some good things about summer, too..! And those bits are for next time x

23 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

Oohhh.. soo pretty :) Its FINALLY cold enough for gloves over here too!

Alli said...

I love that dress.....where did you get it from? It's so cute :)
And with the jacket, cape and gloves.....just gorgeous.

Frankly My Dear said...

i know! how bizarre has the weather been? this is such an elegant but fun look, you always have the most genuine vintage outfits, I'm always a bit mix-matched. hmmm... could the good thing about summer be ice cream perhaps? or sleep ins (for me at least)? haha

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Cecylia said...

hello gorgeous!! Love your poses, and photos :) Miss you lots, happy belated new year!
xx

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

Oh..this looks so nice!
I love the gloves and the cape.

The Bootlace

http://schnuersenkelrolltreppentod.blogspot.com

Rae Veda said...

You look amazing! That dress is darling. I even love it with the different accessories too. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

Jayrin R. said...

Necksessory! You should coin that! :)

Zane said...

every single piece is beautiful and I love the photos of how you built your look

Jade said...

love that grey dress you have a wardrobe to die for. keep up the excellent work

Jade
http://wrongsideof20.blogspot.com/

Maxine Alice said...

Your cape is my favourite x

CherryMakeUp said...

Looks beautiful!
I love how you wearing some clothes together!

Wish I had your clothes! ;-)

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

cute cute cute!

Rochelle New said...

That dress is beautiful!! The accessories make it even better. Such a great look!

My said...

That stripped jacket is just too adorable! and not too mention how gorgeous that dress looks on you! I seriously envy your dress collection!

Mabel said...

You look amazing!!! I love how you layer this dress (which is so pretty) and your cape is so cool! I hope your weather makes up its mind soon :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Lauren R said...

Adorable in all regards! I especially like the dress with the tie.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

Love the whole outfit but am head over heels for that cape.
Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Phhwwwoooaaarrr... great cape!

Ahka Vintage said...

I know how you feel about buttons! I love them! Sometimes they are painful though - especially on delicate dresses with delicate fabric.

Ahka Vintage SHOP
Ahka Vintage BLOG

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Yep, ya gotta love Melbourne!!! But you get to have an assortment of dress-ups, gloves (!!). You look utterly adorable and I've always loved the little striped jacket you wear so well! Actually it's feeling very similar here in Brisbane - heatwave last week and now it's freezing and very rainy here - weird. xo

Suzi Maynard said...

Gorgeous grey dress. Loving the buttons & the way you changed it by adding a scarf from another dress. Cute. x
Suzi x

For the Love of Audrey

Australian Fashion Review Blog - Gems said...

I adore the cape - I would be scared to get something that gorgeous wet :)
x

In The Heyday said...

Loving the colour ways!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...