Thursday, 16 February 2012

gingham and bikes and cats and summer

cats bikes gingham a

dress :: asos.com
sandals :: sportsgirl, years ago; yep, the ones I am in the process of trying to replace

As promised, here is yesterday, part two. Me and some friends (thanks heaps, guys) had a bit of evening fun. My kind of evening, really: bikes, friends, cats and then a splash of gin at the pub!

I feel like this post touches on a couple of other things, too. One is how hard it is, especially when taking photos of yourself, not to pose, or try and show your good side. There is a hilarious moment on some telly advert for something or other where a young woman promises to not make the same pouty-posey face for every photo taken of her. I'm all for it!

The second thing is the wearing over and over again of clothes. I said I'd get lots of wear out of this dress and it's true! I like to buy things I know I will get a lot of use out of, weather they are vintage, op shopped, or fast fashion items. But this is something for another post... for now, let's enjoy summer evening and friendly kitty cats!

cats bikes gingham d
cats bikes gingham c
cats bikes gingham b
cats bikes gingham e

25 comments:

Charmaine said...

This is so charming!

Hannah said...

The dress is gorgeous saw it on Asos the other say it is fab! Bikes and cats amazing day! x

Natalie Mulford said...

That dress is gorgeous, I really love the cut out. The shoes are pretty too, it's so hard to try and replace a much loved pair of shoes!

Jo said...

Ohh, I am so besotted with your dress! <3 I love the gingham print! And the cat is such a darling!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Valerie Enríquez said...

I love petting stray cats and that looks like a particularly beautiful one! Also your gingham dress is lovely x

Miss Rosie Beau said...

Ahh! You're making me so impatient for the summer but here in England it's still cold and grey. And I'm not surprised you get so many wears out of that dress because it's so pretty. I love the cut out detail on it!

Anna said...

amazing dress

Pırpır said...

That dress suits you really well:)

Zane said...

you look wonderful

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

just gorgeous! isn't it hard to ride a bike in heels? haha

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Lovely post! I love that dress, but I think it is likely for folks younger than I am! :) I agree with the challenges of trying to take photos that don't look always exactly the same -- same face, same pose, same scenery! And living in an apartment where I share a "yard" with everyone makes it even harder! Enjoy your day!

xoxo
Lynn

LandGirl1980 said...

Ah. Summer. How I long for Summer. And to be able to potentially ride a bike in heels!

MissMarbelle said...

Is that one of those hat-style helmets you're wearing there? Can you get those in Melbourne? Looks pretty neat - maybe a post on fashionable cycling is in order :-) I never know how to do my hair for cycling, always end up with two pigtails because they don't get too messed up.

mrs amber apple said...

this makes me excited to ride my bike again! it's cold here, but i think spring is around the corner :) i love gingham, your dress looks darling on you!

Rochelle New said...

LOVE that dress!! And that little kitty :)

Aureart said...

Delizioso...Great, YES let's enjoy the Lovely LIFE !
W la Vita, Viva l'Amore!
Ciao,Greetings from Italy

Miss said...

Gorgeous photos. Love the pud tat!

Valerie said...

One of the things I particularly like about your blog is that cats feature in it!

Mrs. Diva Akira said...

Supercute dress and the kitty! :)
So adorable

Sleekit said...

Such cute little photos, your cat is very photogenic x

his_girl_friday said...

That dress is amazingly gorgeous!

Miss Maple said...

Nice photo with cat and bike!

Jamie Rose said...

These pictures are so pretty and so is your beautiful summer dress. This makes me want warm weather so I can wear sun dresses!

Gabriella E.M Ballard said...

Your summer dress is to die for! You look great in it!

Doll In Sugar Coma said...

I love these photos! Adorable!! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...