Friday, 3 February 2012

gingham, coral, lilac and blue

gingham and blue a

dress :: asos
shoes :: topshop.com (a year-ish ago)
scarf, in hair :: thrifted
nails :: darling
lips :: MAC, Vegas Volt

Thank you SO much for your responses to my last post – it was wonderful to read them! I am going to put some posts together based on what you told me; so many wonderful things to think about, and blogs for me to share with you, of course. I will do them over a few posts. I think that will be a pretty fun project!

This is me yesterday. I saw this gingham dress on, I am pretty sure, the very same day I posted on here about liking gingham in summer. Meant to be? It seems ridiculous really, but after I did that post on my vintage summer dresses, I realised most of them aren't actually good for summer, or not our Melbourne summer anyway. It's just too hot here for anything more than the lightest of silk or cotton... well, it's too hot for that, too, really, but what's the alternative?!

So, this gingham dress with the cut out and the two types of gingham is pretty perfect for me. We only have, officially, one month of summer left. I am going to be wearing this dress at least once a week (if the weather keeps up its heat) so I hope you don't get too sick of it! Maybe it can be a bit of a challenge – I have to wear it differently every time? I like the sound of that!

This also shows my new favourite thing – lilac nails – in my latest favourite colour combo, lilac and coral. This nail varnish is, most appropriately, called "50s prom dress" and is by the Australian brand Darling, and you can get it here. I have also forgone my usual red – and my usual other option, bright pink – lipstick and chosen a coral-y colour instead. It's by MAC and is called Vegas Volt. I'd gone too long without any eyeliner and felt the need for some serious black lines and some lilac eyeshadow, and think the coral lips is a good match.

gingham and blue b

Now this afternoon – Friday – I am going to work on some blog posts, drink some kind of fruit smoothie that is green and therefore obviously incredibly healthy, start building a website, freak out about my lack of time to work on illustrations I've been meaning to do since last July, and then get things in order for a good weekend. What are you up to?

gingham and blue c

40 comments:

Rae Veda said...

So so so cute! I love your shoes with it. xo, rv

http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

lyri said...

What kind of blush do you use? It's gorgeous!

I hadn't even seen that dress on asos and now I am IN.LOVE. I don't even know how I'm going to stop myself from buying it.

Mitzi Cocoa said...

Ahhhhh the cutout on this dress is adorable! I love your wedges!

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

love love love the dress! and the shoes! favourite nail polish for me is constantly changing, but now I'm after light blue.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Ally,The Vintage Valley said...

so beautiful, love this dress!

Melissa Ashley said...

I am absolutely in LOVE with your dress!

Dial V for Vintage said...

Gosh, another stunning dress, styled to perfection! I've never owned anything orange, but that would change for this lovely dress! :)

Tegan McIntosh said...

so cute!! I love Vegas Volt on you, and I love it in combination with the dress.

P. said...

Perfect dress!! *3*
And perfect make up, you're right, lilac and coral are great together!
I love your retro style, so 50's...
Kisses from Paris ;)
Pandore

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

That's just a gorgeous dress! X

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Marie said...

This dress is gorgeous and ironically I ordered it yesterday...even though it's freezing cold here in the UK! I hope it looks half as nice on me as it does on you!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oh my, you look positively HOT. You know when you REALLY hit it? You are REALLY hitting it in this outfit. Perfection from top to toe.

x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I must mention that Zoya, in Miley, is another heavenly lilac nailpolish option.

Sarah said...

Such a pretty dress again!

Purrfect Kat said...

you are OH SO PRETTY in that dress

http://purrfectkat.blogspot.com/

Alli said...

I love your dress and the way you have your makeup.....gorgeous :).
Quiet weekend for me this weekend.....relaxing with my husband and 2 little boys (at least I'm hoping to relax lol!)
Oh, and I was going to ask....are there any hair tutorials coming soon? I've been really looking forward to them :)

Immortality Passion said...

I want summer now...I hate this winter. I like your dress and shoes, perfect :)

Kristin said...

I love the dress, and that lipstick is perfect for you..:)

Sparks In Spring said...

I've loved the dress ever since it popped up on asos! You look beautiful in it with the matching coral accents. :)

BlondeBrittany said...

I LOVE that dress! It's soo pretty!

Rochelle New said...

That dress is AMAZING!! You have the most beautiful wardrobe.

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Another cute summer dress, so pretty!

Zane said...

amazing dress and gorgeous shoes and I adore your make-up too

Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution said...

That dress is to die for. And I have lilac nails right now! (Essie's "Lilacism" with rose gold glitter on my ring fingers.)

Krystle K. said...

Love this! The cutout and length take it beyond simply being a cute dress! Gingham can look so picnic basket, but I think this is gorgeous =) Love the bright shoes too!

MarieBayArea said...

Your dress is a thing of beauty. And those shoes are killer. You are such a doll.

Lianie said...

Such a cute dress! It is so flattering on you, and I am loving your current makeup-very summery!

Crystal Lee said...

Coral is such a beautiful color on you. I like how you've done your make up to match the gingham dress. Darling dress too!

Heather Jean said...

such a great dress! The cutout is so cute.

Two Happy Hearts said...

SUCH a beautiful look! you look absolutely stunning.

Andi B. Goode said...

Yay! You got the dress. It looks so cute on you. And I love it with those shoes! I wouldn't have thought of those two colours together. :)
-Andi x

Mabel said...

Oh wow!! Your dress and makeup are GORGEOUS :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Suzi Maynard said...

Very pretty look Esme! Love gingham as it reminds me of the sweet little dresses my mum used to make for me.
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Lynn said...

Adorable! Love the colors!

xoxo
Lynn

Jamie Rose said...

Your dress is so so pretty! I love the cutout neckline. This makes me ready to break out my sun dresses!

California Dreamin'[amywitt] said...

Dress is simply beautiful on you!
xoxo
Amy

Charis said...

Looking gorgeous my dear... love the shoes!

BriGt said...

ohhh Esme !!
You look absolutely fab in this !!

Hannah said...

Wow you look fantastic here!
dimplesdiaries
x

Whitney said...

You are crazy adorable! I love this dress too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...