Friday, 10 February 2012

Sponsored video: Merino Wool, No Finer Feeling

wool linen full skirt a

Sponsored video: Merino Wool, No Finer Feeling

Whaaaaat? Why am I wearing wool in summer? After so many – so many – hot days, Melbourne finally gave us a bit of relief and gave us a surprisingly cool one. Phew!

When Merino Wool asked me to style a sponsored blog post recently, my first thought was yes, ok, I’d be happy to… but it’s summer here and, well, not exactly wool time. On the other hand, I genuinely love natural fibres and Merino wool is a particular favourite, so let’s see what we can do… and then the weather helped out. Splendid!

Long before I started wearing vintage, I was a bit of a fabric snob. Even way back in my mid teens, I would search op shops for pure silks, cottons and wools. I have since learnt to live with polyester – what would I do without my ‘70’s and ‘80’s pussy bow blouses? – but superior fabrics still win out for me. If I could have those blouses in silks… yes please!

wool linen full skirt c
wool linen full skirt d
wool linen full skirt e

And now I have been wearing clothing from the 1930’s, ‘40’s and ‘50’s, this fabric snobbery of mine has increased. I can’t help it; after you wear the beautiful things from those decades, it is hard to enjoy more modern man made offerings!

So, for this cooler day, I wore my pure wool jumper with a silk camisole underneath, and a linen skirt. This jumper is a favourite find of mine – good wool jumpers are hard to come by! I have had this one for a few years now, and it is lasting so well. Soft, durable and light weight enough for these in-between days, I am more than happy to sing my praises for Merino wool. Now, please take a look at this video and enjoy some more woolly goodness! Autumn is just around the corner, after all… and we will need to laaaa-aaayer up! Ahem... ;)

24 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

So so PRETTY!!! Love the way you have styled it!

Immortality Passion said...

So sweet darling :)

RDYN! said...

Wow that is the most sensual video to advertise merino wool I've ever seen. I love your outfit, and its great you got a break from the summer heat over in Melbourne! :)

Lynn said...

You look beautiful! I love fine fabrics as well. And older things -- oh my, there's just something about them. It's like the effort of the maker is still in the cut, the fabric, the style...

xoxo
Lynn

markedbeautyblog said...

Absolutely adore those red shoes! Divine! xx

Valerie Brown said...

You can pass the word to the merino folks that I'm already a BIG fan! I can't get enough of my Icebreaker camisoles and sweater (jumper), for our Canadian winters! I've already bored all of our friends talking about how great these clothes are - ha, ha.

Zane said...

you look adorable, love the color combination

Gabrielle-"The Gift of Gab" said...

I must admit that I am a bit of a material snob myself. I much prefer luxurious silks, taffeta, chiffon, and wool. they last forever with proper care and make you look like a million dollars.
Man your makeup, hair and skin are just flawless.

BetsyJane said...

Hi could not agree more about natural materials!
I am the same in my love of silks, cottons, linens and wools and of course leather for shoes - give me those any day over a synthetic materials :)
Nearly all of my autumn/winter tops are fine merino wool - I just wish I could get them in more colours haha

Jo said...

I love this simple outfit - it is gorgeous! <3 The red shoes finish the look off oh-so perfectly!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Andi B. Goode said...

Wearing vintage can definitely turn you into a fabric snob very easily! As for this outfit, I love the tan with pops of red!

Mrs Amber Apple said...

I love the hint of red :)

Vintagemaedchen said...

GORGEOUS. :)

esme and the lane way said...

Thanks guys!

RDYN! yes, I was pretty over the excessive heat!

Lynn: so true – and at far more affordable prices than their modern counterparts, not that they are really comparable anyway..!

Valerie Brown: wow, a Canadian winter, I would love to experience that!

Gabrielle-"The Gift of Gab": thanks, but oh my hair needs some attention and quick! My roots are out of control..!

BetsyJane: I dream of a basics line where that would be available..!

the little knitter who could said...

Yep, natural fibres win every time! But there are times you have to learn to love synthetics when you're dealing with vintage clothing!

LOVE the shoes, and I love that lamp too!

Abbie said...

Such a beautiful skirt, and love the red accent in the lippie, blet and shoes!! xx

Love you to stop by my blog sometime - fashiontatt.blogspot.com

Harlow Darling said...

Ohh this outfit looks so comfortable and yet glamorous!

This is a random question, but you are the only blogger I know that owns a Bernie Dexter dress, and I was wondering if you had any advice on how to clean it? The tags always say "dry clean only" but of course this isn't always true with many garments, so I just thought you might be able to help me out as you seem to have had your Eiffel Tower dress for a while :)
Thanks :) :) :)

AngeliqueDama said...

What a beautiful outfit! I love these colors, and you perfectly combined it with red:)
Wonderful wedges and color of your lipstick:) Gorgeous as always:)
Hugs and kisses

Anonymous said...

video? where?

esme and the lane way said...

anonymous: the one at the end of the post... it seems to be showing up properly at this end..?

b and e said...

Love the styling of these shots!

bxx

Anonymous said...

now it is - thank you! you look fantastic, must've been so fun to shoot.

Charis said...

Absolutely love those shoes & your entire outfit is lovely.

Taylor Harman said...

must. have. those. shoes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...