Tuesday, 20 March 2012

a Sunday, a bike ride, and green and rust check pants

check pants bike a >>>>>Silk blouse by Cue, a few years ago, still as new – love their stuff 
rust coloured bow, at neck, from... a parcel? See, you can recycle all that packaging! I love the colour 
pants, and gloves, from an op shop 
shoes are the old old old sportsgirl (sportsgranny!) ones, which I have replaced but the new ones aren't for bike riding 
bag is by asos… and is great for bike riding!

On Sunday I eventually dragged myself off my comfy couch and away from images of the recent Carven show, and went on a bike ride. It was the perfect day for it: warm, sunny, but not too hot, and not too windy. I haven't ridden my bike enough over the summer and I really miss it. And what could be a nicer reintroduction than a gentle pedal down to Edinburgh Gardens, slip streaming your loved one?!

I know – I have learned, the hard way – never to trust Melbourne's "great bike riding weather" days. They may start still enough. Maybe a gentle, welcomely cooling breeze flows through your hair, or at least the bits it can reach through your helmet, later on, but by the late afternoon the chances are it will have picked up from a light breeze and turned into something just shy of a gale.

So, I like to wear pants, or shorts, to ride, at this time of year.

For this ride, I wore my green and rust check pants. I love these, and have had them for ages, but haven't worn them that often. I like the tweed-like pattern and the high, belted waist. So good for bike riding! I look forward to wearing these more this Autumn. check pants bike g check pants bike h check pants bike c check pants bike b >>> I have no idea why I look so grumpy in these pictures. When we got to the park, we bumped into a friend of ours, who was out walking his dogs. Meet Jasper! I think Jasper was inspired by my earlier posing. check pants bike l check pants bike o check pants bike mcheck pants bike j >>> I definitely need to do more of this bike riding, dog patting thing now the weather is backing off! Proper Autumn is so close now, and I can't wait! check pants bike f

33 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I am LOVING the inlcusion of the fury friends you meet on your outings.

I ADORE your riding outfit. The pants are sexy as!

Kirsten said...

OOOOOH I love your style and you have the most perfect skin! You pretty girlie! I really want to go for a bike ride now. Shame I am so lazy! Haha :)

elissiam.

Martina Visnjic art said...

What a beautiful day! You look wonderful, I like the ribbon around your neck.

Zane said...

beautiful photos

Ahka Vintage said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pants! And that bike! It's RAD! The red hair really suits you too - almost can't imagine you with black again now!
Ahka Vintage SHOP
Ahka Vintage BLOG

Teresa said...

I kinda love how your hair matches the bow and bag in colour! So pretty! I'll also always be constantly amazed at how you are able ride in heels. I'm sure I'd fall off if I tried! :)

june said...

The pants are very nice and you look so well with them.
Ciao!

Melissa G said...

I just fell in love with your blouse.

Peachy Keen said...

Love the outfit, it looks so pretty where you are.

Jade

Suzi Maynard said...

Lovely pictures! Your doggy is so cute too.
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Johnny and June said...

The whole outfit is gorgeous. But my god I need that bag in my life! I checked on the ASOS website but I can't find it. How long ago did you buy it?
xx

Preziosa said...

You are really beautiful! Love your look!

Kitty said...

I know you are a THIN girl, but you look so fat as a redhead, it doesn't suit you at all! Mind you I can't talk, you're half the size of me, LOL!!

Mrs Amber Apple said...

we have similar bikes, mine is blue!

daria said...

you look gorgeous, the outfit seems perfect for riding! and your bike is super pretty.

Radka said...

I love how your hair colour matches with the bag and shoes, splendid!
It´s finally quite warm and sunny here in Czech rep., so I can´t wait to ride my bike for the first time this year.

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Adore those pants! X

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Mikhaela said...

This entire outfit is just fabulous--especially with the bike! Love the bag, shoes, blouse, trousers, all of it!

Zouk Penne said...

You look great, love to ride my bike too in the sun... :)

LandGirl1980 said...

Ohh! Bike riding in the WARM!! Oh how I long for the warm!!

Looking lush as alawys!

Emma Litton said...

Such a great outfit! I love the trousers. I need to do more bike riding as the weather here is finally warm. And that dog is just too adorable!

xo,
Em

Miss Maple said...

I like the gentle bow around your neck. It has the perfect colour to fit your new hair colour. Your dog is so cute, I think you're always cuddling with it.

sweet harvest moon said...

Lovely pictures, dear!

Hannah said...

Perfect trousers! I never wear anything appropriate for cycling, but this is functional yet pretty,Jasper is cute xx

AngeliqueDama said...

Adorable! What a beautiful bag¨:))

Rochelle New said...

I love that shirt! You're always so lovely and well put together :)

Lynn said...

Very, very pretty, as always! And while I did not comment on the post itself, I loved the hair tutorial post too! Love your blog!

xoxo
Lynn

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: hehe thanks! I needed to show I am not just a crazy cat lady – it covers all the animals! ;)

Kirsten: thanks but if only! My skin really isn't perfect, constant battle really! And I can be lazy too but always feel amazing after a bike ride! x

Martina Visnjic: thanks! I watched Marie Antoinette the other day and got re-inspired for it...

Ahka Vintage: thanks – me either, I love the red! :D

Teresa: thanks! And it's so easy, I must do a post on it soon. Been meaning to do one on it for ages... soon!

june: thanks!

Peachy Keen: thanks – I wish I lived there, it is so pretty!

Suzi Maynard: isn't he? I must visit my friends more often for patting opportunities!

Johnny and June: thanks! I got it about a month ago, and can't find it online now :( but just did a search for bowling bags and there is an amazing "homage" to the LV one in tan! x

Kitty: and being fat would be such a bad thing? Ridiculous comment. Your crap isn't welcome here.

Mrs Amber Apple: hehe awesome! Does yours weigh an absolute tonne as well? :D

daria: :D thanks!

Radka: oh riding there must be beautiful! I'm jealous! :D

Mikhaela: thanks!

LandGirl1980: you guys have had a terrible cold winter, haven't you? Hope it warms up for you soon :) And that it cools down for us here soon, too, ugh! I think I need to move to, say, Sweden. Snow!

Emma Litton: riding in nice weather is the best, isn't it! The dog still makes me laugh when I think of it's happy face, too cute :)

Miss Maple: thanks! Not my dog, alas, but I have a super fluffy cat who gets lots of pats :)

Hannah: oh, I know what you mean – I was die hard bike in a dress girl, but Melbourne is just so windy at this time of year!

Anonymous Lynn: thanks – and thanks! :D

Mabel said...

Your outfit is perfect!!!! I really love that top. I'm happy to meet your dog friend :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Erica Louise said...

Loving the recycling element to this blog post with your parcel bow, beauty can be found in anything :)

MarieBayArea said...

what a sweet little fur monster. red hair really suits you by the way.

Miss said...

I love the bag - matches your shoes and hair too hehe. Doggy is cute too. :)

Jess said...

Replace "grumpy" with "fierce." And I know why you look so fierce; you've got ragingly beautiful crimson hair now! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...