Friday, 30 March 2012

vintage dresses, summer in autumn, and going to the big smoke

vintage watercolour dress blue b vintage watercolour dress blue f vintage watercolour dress blue k vintage watercolour dress blue d vintage watercolour dress blue i vintage watercolour dress blue j vintage watercolour dress blue c
Typical. Now that summer is over I want to wear summery dresses. Good job it's still warm enough to do so! We'll see how long it lasts, though – my summer day wants and the weather... I really wish I had more dresses like this one. Watercolour print 1950's dress with full skirts are my current favourites! I find that I go through phases of loving different vintage dress styles, and different eras. So at the moment it's the full skirted New Look style and I don't want to wear anything else!

The dress is vintage from etsy, the cardigan is from asos, the belt is from an op shop, the socks were vintage deadstock and the shoes are now one thousand years old. I still love them.

This is what I wore on Wednesday when I went to the city (does that make it sound like I live way out in the country?!) to take some pictures for a project I'm working on which I think you'll really like. It's been a long time coming and I can't wait to share it with you!

24 comments:

Jess said...

You are stunning! (: Love the haircolour and makeup! (: Super cute outfit too. Really enjoying your blog and the photography is fab! (:
x

Jess @ dreamofmeonwinternights.blogspot.com

Laura said...

That dress is so lovely. I don't own much purple, and that dress makes me want to fix that! Can't wait to hear more about that project :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Alice said...

Probably my favourite parts of Melbourne. I want one of the apartments that steps straight into it!
Alicexx
wishiwereaudrey.blogspot.com

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oh, the watercolour dress! And I love it with that cardy.

Lynn said...

Beautiful!! I do the same thing with styles as far as getting in the mood for just one style and enjoying wearing that all the time. And then I'll be on to something else. You look lovely as always.

xoxo
Lynn

markedbeautyblog said...

Your outfits are always so wonderful! Great pics! xx

Teresa said...

Beautiful dress. I don't think I could ever tire of wearing lovely full skirted 1950s dresses!

Looking forward to seeing your new project. :)

Rusty Hoe said...

Loving your hair colour the more I see it, lovely shade of red. And I have to ask where is that lovely cafe with the macaroons? That looks worthy of a trip into town with my Mr.

Holly said...

I just adore Etsy for vintage dresses, there are some real beauties on there. You look a delight here.

Great photos

Holly
http://pickleisatreat.blogspot.co.uk

LandGirl1980 said...

I am really loving your hair colour atm - it seems alot more red than when you first had it coloured. It looks so purrrrty! :)

Love the last pic of you in the mirror :)

Oooh.. secret project? Exciting!

Jen said...

This outfit is awesome! I love the cardigan and the sock/shoe combo.

SoapyMermaid said...

you look wonderfully womanly. love that elegant vintage dress.

Bell's Belles Vintage said...

l like the way you have used colour with your cardigan dress and hair great combination. Gotta love those Summery Autumn days.

AngeliqueDama said...

Wonderful as always!:))

leonie fanning said...

You look amazing as always i love your style. Your the most stylish vintage blogger. Dress beautiful. Love ur new hair colour too. Best wishes from Dublin xx Leo

sweet harvest moon said...

Lovely and pretty! Happy friday!

Louise said...

Lovely. Oh, and your hair is looking gorgeous. Really suits you.

Vickie said...

I can see why you love that dress - it's goregous

Mabel said...

You have the best clothes! I swear every outfit is better than the last.

That city area you have pictures of looks really cool! I wish I lived by a city!

Mabel
Mabel Time

Andi B. Goode said...

Great dress! I do the same thing with phases for different eras, styles, etc. Can't wait to see the project!
-Andi x

Hannah said...

Perfect dress and socks and heels are always a favourite of mine. I go through phases of wearing certain styles too. xx

Jessica Cangiano said...

Such a darling, cheerful outfit. I especially like the punchy hue of that sweet little cardi.

Wishing you a beautiful week & month of April,
♥ Jessica

Free Coupons said...

You look awesome and those are amazing pictures. Loving your floral dress & hairstyle!

Jamie Rose said...

I love this so so much! Your hair color, the print on your dress, and the socks you wore with this are all perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...