Thursday, 15 March 2012

vintage sundress, blue stripes and big buttons

vintage sundress f > So, there we were, having a nice start to Autumn, with colder weather and a good bit of rain. I went to a fashion launch here, a fashion show there, and was able to wear something suitably Autumn-y, or at least with some detail, and, you know, a sleeve. And collars every time. Of course, I ended up being so busy I didn't have time to take any outfit shots... kind of a shame, for an outfit based blog! Who knows, maybe I'll bite the wear-it-again-just-to-take-pics bullet? Or maybe not. I'm sure I will be wearing those outfits again soon. We'll see.

But now, here we are, back in summer. Not nice summer. Oh, no, nothing like that. Instead it is about a million degrees, and raining, too, and stormy. Way too hot to want to wear anything remotely complicated, and waaayyy too humid to try to curl my hair. And I was all ready to set it on Monday night. It'll have to wait. I look forward to hair curls! I realised that I haven't worn this vintage sundress on the blog yet, even though I wear it all the time. An early 1960's number, I love the stripes, how they run perpendicular to each other on the button placket and bust detail, and how the blue is the same-colour-different-tone as my blue and white shoes. I have a silk scarf that matches these shoes exactly, but wasn't in the mood for quite that much coordination today. I went with a contrasting coral note. I may be busting to wear something a little less summery soon, but, for now, I like it!
vintage sundress h vintage sundress g vintage sundress e vintage sundress b

21 comments:

Riikka said...

Such a charming look. Love the dress and those shoes, oh my!

LandGirl1980 said...

You have reminded me how much I like a side roll. I have not done a thing with my hair for an age. I must remedy this.

Nice frock-u-laaaar! :)

Helen said...

Your dress is so fresh and beautiful! Hope you get your cooler weather soon and keep your fingers crossed for our warmer weather here!

Lynn said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I love the blues -- the different tones you mentioned. Very pretty!

Have a wonderful day (though you are always in the next day from where I am!).

xoxo
Lynn

Carrie Vintage said...

I'm in love with your dress <3

Madeline Grace said...

I love the contrasting coral with this dress and those shoes are so cute! It is just turning summer her in Florida (even though it is only March) and all I can think about it wearing summer dresses! I love this dress! <3

-Madeline Grace
Just Let the Sparrows Fly

Emma Litton said...

Such a lovely dress! And those shoes are sooo great!

xo,
Em

Adele said...

Gorgeous outfit!
I bought a vintage dress very similar to this recently and I absolutely love it. Blue stripes are a lot more versatile than you'd first think :)

Vintage-von-Virgo said...

I love Your shoes! There're amazeing!

Jess said...

Oh, this dress. I love that it's vintage but was hoping it wasn't; my greedy little fingers were ready to click "Buy." xxx

Mrs Amber Apple said...

it's been summerish here lately - i share your dislike for summer too! at least autumn is around the corner for you! I love your dress :)

Sophie said...

I know, hasn't this weather been awful! I'm really hanging out for autumn proper. What a lovely ensemble! The criss-crossy heels in particular are gorgeous! Just loving your hair too, by the way. Hope you're enjoying life as a redhead!

Jamie Rose said...

This dress is gorgeous! Especially with your red hair. I wish I had one like it.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

your hair is phenomenal here! love the light blue (I'm quite obsessed with light blue and pink at the moment, it's infectious!)

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Zane said...

beautiful dress and stunning shoes, adore the hairdo as well

Teresa said...

Such a great 60s dress. I love the stripes and the colour looks amazing with your hair. :)

markedbeautyblog said...

What a divine dress! You looks gorgeous in it! xx

Emily Baker said...

oh those heels are just to DIE for! I love it!!

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful summer dress!

Zuu said...

you are so gorgeous !

mahaila said...

I love love love this dress. The colours, stripes, the yoke on the bodice. LOVELY. Fantastic look:) Too bad for the shotty weather:(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...