Monday, 26 March 2012

New window dressings

tulle for curtains tulle for curtains b tulle for curtains c tulle for curtains e tulle for curtains f tulle for curtains d
Who needs curtains when you can use sheer petticoats and vintage nightdresses? Today I got rid of my ugly, fairly practical but not exactly necessary curtains and hung some vintage petticoats and a crinoline – and a traily plant – in the window instead. Of course, I don't actually need curtains in this room because the window has one of those roller shutters, so I can have privacy if need be. But I love the light coming in like this! I also put a couple of pictures up, and hung some of my favourite vintage on the walls, too, using a massive hammer for tiny drawing pins... overkill, maybe, but those pins are definitely in! I love these little touches and how much they change things. It makes the room feel so much more like home, and so much prettier!

21 comments:

Suzi Maynard said...

What a pretty idea. Your home looks lovely.
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Michelle's Style File said...

These pieces are just so pretty! Gorgeous pics too.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

your window treatment looks lovely & gorgeous photos :)

Emma Litton said...

Ohh lovely! I've been thinking of hanging some of my things about the room, I'll have to try it now.

xo,
Em

Lynn said...

Very pretty indeed! I love having pretty vintage clothing hanging around. I have several vintage baby outfits hanging around. Funny, I put lace up to my bedroom curtains too -- on Friday, but I covered mine with another billowy layer of pink fabric from the Scrap Exchange. I am loving it!

xoxo
Lynn

Q's Daydream said...

SOOO very lovely :D

ConstantlyAlice said...

How pretty! I love this idea. So airy and ethereal!

Madeline Grace said...

This is super cute! I love this idea! I also love the lace hanging behind everything!

-Madeline Grace
Just Let the Sparrows Fly

daria said...

ah, this looks so pretty! I would do something similar if my bf wouldn't love minimalism :)

Danielle said...

The glowing colours... so soft & pretty.

Sarah said...

Such interesting inspiration! I have the same 'problem' (I'm fed up with my curtains) so this is a smart solution. And very pretty, I must add! x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

AMAZING idea. Looks gorgeous.

Laura said...

What a lovely idea! I don't have any curtains up at the moment, so maybe I'll use this as inspiration...

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

So much prettier than curtains!

SoapyMermaid said...

quelle délicieuse idée... :)

LandGirl1980 said...

Pretty pretty pretty!

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a wonderfully romantic, sweetly elegant idea. Gorgeous as can be!

♥ Jessica

Jess said...

Hey really enjoying your posts, the images are gorgeous! And this dresses for curtains idea is so cute (:
x

Jess @ dreamofmeonwinternights.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Hey really enjoying your posts, the images are gorgeous! And this dresses for curtains idea is so cute (:
x

Jess @ dreamofmeonwinternights.blogspot.com

Katie and Reuben said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful! That lovely light through those gorgeous dresses is just magic! <3

Katie x

kaarlijnx-x said...

I like your blog. You have a new follower ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...