Wednesday, 28 March 2012

red rose dress

rose dress c rose dress a rose dress d rose dress f rose dress g rose dress e
Yesterday I was at home sick, thinking about maybe doing a post on nice things to do when you are at home sick, and half enjoying lazing at home – in my finest peignoir, naturally – when I was reminded of family dinner plans for the evening!
I hadn't worn makeup for a couple of days and really looked forward to it. I used some nice new products, and I will show you what ones in my next post! I also set my hair on Sunday, after several weeks of not doing it, and was pretty pleased with how well it turned out. (Better weather makes such a difference!) In fact, my hair was so big and curly I had to put it in rolls! I will never complain about big hair..! I am still loving the red. I washed the mirror, too (that bit about only half enjoying being lazy; the other half means I keep getting up to do things here and there) and need to actually clean it properly! Yeah, something to really look forward to ;)
I wore my black and red rose print full skirted dress from etsy, and a hand knit shrug from a second hand-y opp shop-y kinda place – I'm loving this Autumn weather! And dinner was homemade meatballs – totally worth getting off my sick bed for... and medicinal, too, as I am much better today! Which is good – I have so much I want to post about and need to get my cold-addled self back up to speed!

22 comments:

Lynn said...

I am sorry you've been feeling under the weather. (Even if you are enjoying the weather. ;) Nice to hear that you are feeling better!

The dress is lovely!!

xoxo
Lynn

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Love the hair, dress, makeup, hair... total perfection.

Feel better soon.

x

cecylia.com said...

www hope you feel better soon!!!! Lots of tea and bed time!! :) Looking DIVINE thought!
xx

claire said...

That dress is pretty rad!

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LandGirl1980 said...

I have been home sick for the last 3 days - and I have to confess I am looking mighty forward to returning to work tomorrow so I can put makeup on and actually do something with my hair!

Lovely dress. Natch :)

Esz said...

The hair is looking fab! Definitely big :-) Yay!
Mine is *almost* long enough to do something with. Cept I'm kinda hopeless at it. Must keep practicing!

The dress is lovely too! Red works with red hair if it's broken up a bit....or not too close to the face. That said, I break that rule occasionally when I wear my ridiculous-bows dress. It gets more than the usual amount of attention though. Ha!

How good is autumn! Are you back in stockings like me?
Been to see the Grace Kelly exhibition yet? I'm going on Sunday - yay, it's going to be brilliant. Must take sketchpad to steal sewing ideas. Heh.

Melody said...

I love your hair color! ♥

Nikki @ The Ginger Diaries said...

my goodness, your hair is done so beautiful!! and I love how you did your make-up. You look like you came straight out of the 40ies! x

Up Toon Girl said...

I love how your camera strap accessorises with your dress!

Glad you're feeling better x

june said...

That's beautiful!!

sweet harvest moon said...

Your make-up is so lovely, you're a pro ;)
Lovely dress too!

Dial V for Vintage said...

This dress is such a stunner, I am in love with black combined with red floral/rose prints, they're so bold but classic at the same time! :) You look great!

vio said...

this dress is wonderful!

// take a look: *MICROPHONEHEART.

Miss Maple said...

I like your hair and how it comes out in these pictures. The red is gorgeous!

Janey said...

That dress is too damn cute! I love rose prints!

chanette *pixi-jo* said...

ohhhh what a lovely dress.. i want that one ha ha ha

Mabel said...

You look great despite being sick, so whimsical! Feel better soon :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Laura said...

Feel better soon! You look lovely :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Mrs Amber Apple said...

I hope you are feeling better! regardless of being sick, you do look so lovely!

Sleekit said...

Your beauty and photography will always inspire me, WOW!

Sleekit x

Ps I saw another fabulous pic of you on the LMFF newsletter today!

MarieBayArea said...

gorgeous dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...