Friday, 6 April 2012

blue ruffles, pink lips and beauty spots

blue ruffles and bueaty spots a blue ruffles and bueaty spots c blue ruffles and bueaty spots d blue ruffles and bueaty spots b
Last Friday I went out to dinner with my almost-husband and his work colleagues, and their partners. It was still amazingly warm in the evening, and I am finding that at this time of year I am really running out of hot weather dresses! Will I ever have enough? That is the question...

This blue cotton sun dress with a large(ish) ruffle-y collar is one I've had for a few years (it's an '80s one I thrifted) but don't wear every week. I'm not usually a fan of ruffles but, seeing as I am in this girlish phase (I wonder when I will get sick of it?) I thought I may as well go all out and wear it. It was an outfit that started with the shoes, though, to be honest; I really wanted to wear my floral wedges as I know that soon it'll be too cold to, and I do LOVE them. Then I decided on the lipstick colour I wanted to wear – pink, to match the shoes – oh yeah, and the nails – it's all in the detail, isn't it? – and so the dress was in fact the last piece of the puzzle. Well, not quite – I then added the pink patterned belt (from another vintage dress) to tie everything together.

I was still going with the no-liquid-liner thing. I also added a beauty spot, which might or might not be because I have been watching some Marylin Monroe films lately, and might or might not be because I had one of those annoying red spots that no amount of concealer can mask. Well, if you can't beat it... paint it black!

You know, I think Babycat was quite intrigued by the ruffles... if you look closely in the 2nd pic, you can see her patting one! Is this approval?

I hope you are having a fantastic Easter! Enjoy those hot cross buns and of course those chocolate eggs! And who else has had a cream egg lately? I think this might just be my favourite holiday!

32 comments:

Melissa G said...

Awww! Gorgeous photos.
You know I might have to do some of my own vintage shopping. Would you recommend any vintage stores?

markedbeautyblog said...

That first picture is divine, I had to click on the post immediately! Your cat is adorable, and it it most definitely approval I think!

Sharleena xx
markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Claudia said...

Happy Easter! :)

Gorgeous photos as always.

Bief said...

you look like scarlett johansson.
and my exboyfriend must marry you! :D

ScatterrBrained said...

wow you look lovely, i really like your makeup :) x

Vivian said...

I love your shoes, and beauty mark suits you, you should make it more often :)

Trixi said...

The first picture is my favourite, it's just so dreamy. You're so pretty, the dress goes together with your red hair so well.

Laura (lap) said...

Oh please reveal what shade of pink your MAC lipstick is- it's perfection!

Emma Litton said...

Sooo gorgeous! Love the blue dress with all the pink accents. I'm really liking the no eye liner thing, you look fantastic with it and without. I always go in phases of wearing it everyday and then not for a long while. It kind of freshens things up.

xo,
Em

Two Happy Hearts said...

Oh my goodness, you look STUNNING! That color is beautiful on you. And I love your lipstick!
You are a show-stopper, my dear.

Lainie said...

OMG both my sister and I do the same thing with our red spots that we just can't cover! Too funny!

Alexandra said...

Luv your makeup!

Muffin Top Vintage said...

You look stunning.
I have followed your blog since you were blonde and seeing you though to red I must say I think it looks absolutely beautiful on you.

Katrina x

Agnieszka said...

I love your shoes! and your entire looks.

In these pictures you look like a Disney's princess ;)

Laura said...

I think you were born to wear vintage. You look stunning!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Simply gorgeous!

Lynn

Miss Bias said...

OMGoodness that first photo is so beautiful. Fabulous dress and love those wedges. Very dreamy.

Hope you are having a great Easter. I've been good and haven't had any chocolate. But I couldn't resist the hot cross buns.

Miss Bias : )

Misha said...

I can not get over how amazing you look! Shouldn't be allowed unless you're a celebrity with personal make-up assistant and stylists etc...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Lol at Baby Cat. My cats used to do that with the curtains and I had this dirty patch with fur stuck to it, indcating their curtain entry point!

That dress is fab.

Hurry up and get married already! I am/have been anticipting this wedding more than I am/was Will & Kate's.

SoapyMermaid said...

in fact you have somthing of Marylin really :) you look more and more radiant ;)

Pretty Things said...

you look stunning as always! love your pretty shoes and those ruffles!

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Aleksandra said...

I love this dress! You remind me of Joan on Mad Men. So pretty!

sweet harvest moon said...

Have a lovely Easter weekend!

Charmaine said...

Gosh you're one gorgeous girl! That first photo is stunning.

LandGirl1980 said...

Glorious as always!

California Dreamin'[amywitt] said...

Absolutely beautiful!
I admire how you took these stunning pics yourself!
xoxo
Amy

esme and the lane way said...

Melissa G: I am just writing a guide now! I'll post it asap :)

Laura (lap): MAC's Girl About Town, with MAC lipliner in Cherry :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: LOL but I'm not a wedding-y girl, no big white wedding dreams... starting to get excited though. And to look for 1930s/1940s wedding dresses... :)

Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution said...

I'm definitely still loving the no-liquid-liner look, and that beauty mark is adorable. (Good to know I'm not the only one who does that.) :)

Andi B. Goode said...

I just adore that first photo of you!!
-Andi x

kaarlijnx-x said...

beautiful dress!

Margaux said...

You look very pretty!
I love your blog! :-)

Constance said...

OMG!! You look so gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...