Thursday, 5 April 2012

full skirts and peter pan collars

asos skirt peter pan collar a asos skirt peter pan collar b asos skirt peter pan collar c
Hello! Sorry I disappeared for a few days. Perhaps it's a good thing; I hadn't been able to write much beyond herp-derp for a bit, and even that was a challenge! Thank goodness that has past. Few.

Of course I did get dressed, yep, every single day. This is from last week. As I say in quite possibly every single post I do these days, the weather has been nice, blah blah, yeah, you know by now... and I've been feeling very summery and girly, which I've mentioned once or a thousand times, too! Here I am wearing something a little out of the ordinary for me, though, in that it's all new: the skirt and cardigan are by asos, and the top (it's actually a dress) is by the brilliant Australian designer Arrabella Ramsey. Oh, well, when I say new, the dress is a few years old now, but you now what I mean – it's not vintage!

I've also been experimenting with my makeup, not using liquid eyeliner. It's nice and fresh looking and it's always fun to change from the dramatic look – just as it is fun to change back again! Do you like it?

Also, how are you finding the in-the-mirror outfit pics? It is so much quicker than setting up the tripod, and I've been a bit pushed for time these past two weeks. It's also a nice break from the box-standing (honestly, it can feel a bit strange doing that! Believe it or not..!), as well as the green wall. The light in this room is so much better, and with winter coming up it'll make a big difference to photos. Please do tell me what you think!

I have a few outfit posts coming up over the Easter Weekend. I am going to Brisbane for a few days, so these posts will pop up while I am Up Norf, and I'll be checking in when I can. Yeah, no laptop for several days... what'll I do?! I look forward to sharing my Brissie trip with you, and to doing more posts when I get back! Happy Easter!

28 comments:

Kitty said...

That's funny, I just did a full skirt/peter pan collar shoot on the weekend on my new blog. A bit more casual than yours for my hike though!

my outfit

Love your ensemble, it's really cute!

kitty x

Mrs Amber Apple said...

your eye make up looks lovely! very soft and pretty! happy Easter to you!!

Esz said...

The mirror photos are great! And the dress is super sweet with the socks and the orange contrasts really well. :-D

I think I need to get more experimental with photo locations in my home too. :-D

Q's Daydream said...

Cute! and I've been loving the mirror pics :D

Lynn said...

I love it! I think the outfit is lovely, and yes I like the mirror pictures (they are sort of mysterious or intriguing somehow), and I hope you have a great Easter and trip! You have beautiful eyes and I think the change is very sweet! Though you are indeed great with dramatic. I am not really a makeup girl. I wear foundation to protect my skin, and blush of course for those days when I am up way too late and need some color! And I love lip gloss of all kinds!

Happy Day!
Lynn

Kelly-Marie said...

I love the mirror photo's. Especially this one as the frames colour compliments your outfit so wonderfully. You look beautiful as always. Hope you have a lovely trip away. x

Maite said...

when i see you i think: Oh god, I need to learn how to make up myself! hahaha

estrellasdefebrero.blogspot.com

Lainie said...

Very cute outfit! I really like the mirror shots-I think it's cute. I love experimenting with makeup, you look very young without eyeliner! Glad you are feeling better

Libertad said...

You always look so awesome; lovely!! The dress is so beautiful and matches perfectly with the skirt!

Dial V for Vintage said...

Suuupercute outfit!! You look lovely, with or without liquid eyeliner! I think it's nice to change routines sometimes :).

Dakota said...

Your hair is looking just gorgeous; it suits you so well!! Adorable outfit too; I love orange with pale blue.

And don't worry about the mirror shots... the curtains with the slightly hazy mirror are so pretty that if anything they add to the picture :)

Kit said...

That is the most perfect outfit! Exactly the sort of thing I would love to wear- and great colour combo too. You've inspired me to work on my waist! :-)

Miss Maple said...

Love your outfit: the rust-grey combination is gorgeous, the Peter Pan collar is very nice. I think the in-the-mirror pics are okay.

Emster said...

Beautiful outfit! And I'm loving the red hair on you.

Probably a strange question, but what do you use to define your eyebrows? I dye my blonde hair red, so I have invisible eyebrows unless I color them in but I can't find red eyebrow make up anywhere!

Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution said...

Your mirror shots are much cuter than the average mirror shot, but I still prefer the outdoor ones of course. But, as a fellow blogger, I know that sometimes you only have so much time and it's either an indoor shot or not outfit post that day.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Hey, that first shot is great. The mirror acts as a frame for the lovey subject. Clever.

I am not sure if I am A) Stuck in a makeup rut or B) I know what suits me so well, that to wear colours/styles of makeup that suit me less well... well, would be silly. :/

Happy Easter.
x

esme and the lane way said...

Emster: Hi! I use an Australis eyebrow pencil in dark brown. It isn't that dark, so it's perfect for red hair – I have naturally light eyebrows and it is just enough definition, and has enough warmth to match the red hair! The pencil has a little brush on the lid so it is an awesome product :)

Gabrielle-The Gift of Gab said...

I cannot take my eyes off that seafoam green sweatheat neckline dress hanging on the door in the background. It is so lovely. You absolutely need to do a post wearing this dress next time. I love your eye makeup! I am missing the black hair though. It made you look so mysterious and really showed off your amazing features.

alabee said...

your photo always look so lovely, no matter where they are!

Teresa said...

Your outfit is too adorable for words! Peter pan collars and full skirts will slay me everytime. :)

Say hello to Brisbane for me!

Anonymous said...

The 'outfit in the mirror' photos are nice, but I would like to see your green wall, just once in a while :)
In other news, love this outfit! I'm going to try and replicate it tomorrow!
Love and peace,
Evangeline

Andi B. Goode said...

Lovely! I love your mirror shots - I would do more if I had such a cute mirror :)
-Andi x

daria said...

two of my favorite things put together! how lovely!

Mabel said...

I like the mirror shots. And if it's easier for you, keep it up!

I think your eyeliner is great. I used to use only pencil liner and then I switched to liquid (been using it for years) and I can't even use pencil anymore without messing it up royally.

And finally, your outfit is so adorable!

Happy Ester to you and your family :)

Mabel
Mabel Time

Hannah said...

Adorable peter pan collar,mirror shots are fine! x

MissMarbelle said...

It is of course, vitally important to have fashion approval from one's feline... they know best!

Julia @ Boredom Abounds said...

Love the colour pop of the orange against blue - very pretty!

Nika Chick said...

Love your outfit very much. Especially colour mix!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...