Monday, 23 April 2012

golden leaves, evening light and a perfect autumn saturday in melbourne

leaf face b autumn bird dress
As I promised yesterday, here is that perfect Autumn Melbourne day we had yesterday! Thanks so much for the lovely comments on the bird dress. It is a favourite and I am so looking forward to wearing it more, now that it isn't a bazillion degrees! Hooray for Autumn, it's my favourite season!
autumn leaves toes
So, on Saturday, I decided it was time to pretend I was feeling completely better, and so we headed out. First, breakfast – muesli at Mixed Business, one of our favourite cafes. It was still warm, so I thought I'd have that summer regular one last time.
exhibition centre owls at finders keepers
Then it was time to head off through the crunchy golden leaves to the finders keepers market. I didn't think I'd make it down, but I'm so glad we went. It was my first time inside the Royal Exhibition Building, and it's amazing in there.
royal exhibition ceiling finders keepers market case royal exhibition ceiling detial dome
royal exhibition window
There was so much purdy stuff at the markets. I was chuffed to see Melbourne favourites cyclestyle, who had a beautiful, and very busy, stall! It was a bigger market than I expected too. So much cute stuff.
for girls vintage
I love how the tables and chairs were bobbins.
bobbin seats
We then walked through Carlton Gardens. It is finally, truly, properly Autumn here! I'm SO excited. I don't know why, really, I just love this time of year.
autumn trees carlton gardens autumn trees leaves carlton gardens autumn church spire autumn park melbourne autumn park melbourne 2
And then we headed over to my nephew in law's 11th birthday party... the light was so beautiful all afternoon.
party balloons
And that was my Saturday! Completely exhausted me to be honest... nanna had to go home and revive herself with tea!
magical autumn light in trees


markedbeautyblog said...

Absolutely wonderful pictures! You do have some talent miss!

Thanks for sharing! xx

LandGirl1980 said...

Ahhhh - it looks SO glorious!!!

Sparkle said...

i knew it there was a reason why i love autumn.. :) amazing photos!

Georgia said...

Looks like a practically perfect day in every way!!!!


sweet harvest moon said...

Sounds wonderful!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

What amazing pictures, such beautiful atmosphere :) x

Dial V for Vintage said...

Oh, autumn! Must be my favourite season (except when it's raining... it rains a lot during autumn in my country), I love the sunny but cold days with the colourful trees... It's spring now where I live, your pictures give me that lovely autumn feeling though! :)

Peachy Keen said...

Lovely pictures and a great outfit


Janey said...

Love these pictures! Sometimes I wish I could chase autumn all around the world. It's my favorite season too.

Mrs Amber Apple said...

ah, i love Autumn!! your pictures are lovely! I wish summer would hurry up and be finished already :)

i love your dress too!

Mrs Amber Apple said...

ah, i love Autumn!! your pictures are lovely! I wish summer would hurry up and be finished already :)

i love your dress too!

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

what an amazing building and LOVE that dress.
Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

VoilĂ ! said...

I'm really enjoying your blog--so much so that I'm going to add you to my blog roll! Your style, photography and makeup are just lovely!


ScatterrBrained said...

Oh thank you so much for these beautiful images. I'm jealous of your beautiful autumns - we're stuck with rainy spring here in the UK at the moment! I love your vintage inspired fashion, it's oh so glamourous and like you've stepped straiught out a movie. :)

Rebecca x

Kate said...

Such beautiful photos. And your dress is perfection!

Debs said...

Autumn is my favourite month too (until Spring comes along). Beautiful photos. The Melbourne Exhibition Building looks even prettier than our Queen Victoria Building in Sydney. I haven't been to Melbourne in so many years and your pictures are making me realise that a visit is long overdue.

Joyce @ CycleStyle said...

Thanks for the beautiful pics! I was so caught up running the Finders Keepers stall that I didn't have a chance to see what else the market had to offer.

Jo said...

Goodness - that building is amaaaazing! <3

Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

Alli said...

I love that dress on pretty.
Melbourne is beautiful in autumn. My husband and I lived in Melbourne for 3 yrs, and I always loved all the leaves in autumn. Gorgeous

Aureart said...

Che Belle Foto...cosi' romantiche. così poetiche...Artistiche!
Evviva, Cheers!
Ciao from Italy

Ceri said...

Fabulous Saturday. :D Oh, I miss Autumn. I didn't really have one last year and probably not going to this year because the weather here's bizarre. They don't have seasons in Mexico!

Love those shoes. Beautiful.

Jess said...

Gorgeous post! That exhibition hall is stunning, and what whimsical finds! xxx, j

Kristina said...

Wonderful shots! Just found your blog and loving it! Greetings from Richmond, Kristina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...