Sunday, 1 April 2012

nails after shellac and colour decisions

nails a nails b nails c nails d
After 2 weeks and 6 days I went and had the shellac on my nails removed at Miss Fox. I know some of you were curious about how my nails would be afterwards, so, here they are. Fine, as you can see! You're not supposed to pick or peel the shellac off so of course I did (both my index fingers – you try resisting!) and there is a reason why you shouldn't do it. Still, it wasn't that bad at all – nothing a quick buffing couldn't fix – and the rest of my (non-picked-at) nails were completely fine. In fact, the shellac stopped them breaking off, and so they've grown to a nice length. I was also very kindly given some solar oil, which supposedly helps nourish nails – let's see how it goes! It smells like almonds and cherries so it's off to a good start. You're meant to use it twice a day, so it's sitting here on my dressing table where I can see it, which hopefully will lead to me using it. Now, to paint my nails myself. I think pink this time?

Follow Esme and the lane way

 Subscribe in a reader

11 comments:

Laura said...

I think that might just be the loveliest teacup I've ever seen! Is it antique?

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

markedbeautyblog said...

I've been meaning to go and try Shellac, 2 weeks without chipping - seems so wonderful! That pink is gorgeous! xx

Charlie, Feminine Bravery said...

I've tried a shellac-type of polish once, and I couldn't resist picking it either! Impossible.

Nikki @ The Ginger Diaries said...

i had never heard of this wonder thing called shellac. Does it really keep your nails from chipping for two whole weeks? It would be awesome since I don't mike to paint my nails every 2 - 3 days =)

esme and the lane way said...

Laura: it is :)

Nikki: it's uncanny. I should have taken mine off at about the two week mark, though :) Perfect nails till then, though!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I have been shellacing non-stop for six months and my nails are fine. They seem to make yuour nails grow longer as thecoating is very strong, not that I wear my nails long. As far asI amconcerned, it is the best thing ever to happen to nailpolish. I am so rough with normal polish and I don't even get a full day out of a polish. Grrr...

xx

PS I am mental over that teacup and saucerinthe b/ground.

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: I agree, I'm finding my normal nail varnish is chipped within hours of me putting it on! I do like being able to change the colour more often, but oh for the toughness of shellac!!! :)

Ess here! said...

Just recently got some solar oil and was wondering whether it's fine to put on even with nail polish on.. Do you know? I actually sort of took mine from my mum - she never used it!

xo
Ess

esme and the lane way said...

Ess here!: I'm not sure! It might help the cuticles? Let me know if you find out!

Endy said...

So lovely !

Anonymous said...

very nice teacup =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...