Friday, 13 April 2012

something old and something new to get ready for winter

new vintage coat c new vintage coat d new vintage coat b new vintage coat a dead butterfly f
Hello! Thanks for all the lovely comments on my Brisbane post. It really is such a lovely place and I just want to go back! Of course I am now struck down with unavoidable airplane sniffles (the flight home was revoltingly stuffy, full of sick people, and, just a few rows away, this guy was coughing from his toes… we may as well have licked his face for the germs, bleurgh) and Melbourne is warm and lovely but I am hot and fever-y. I’ve already missed one dinner with friends this week – sympathy, please! Boo hoo, poor me and so on.

In the meantime, something that is cheering me up immensely is my new-to-me vintage coat. I have been looking for a coat for years, getting through winter with all sorts of not-quite-warm-enough jackets. Not any more! I was actually searching for dresses, not coats, on etsy, when this one popped up… meant to be!

The thing is, it looks like we’ll be wearing summery things for at least another week yet, so I won’t get to enjoy wearing this coat for a bit. Instead I can look forward to it... and sew the bottom button back on! It goes very well with the scarf I got for Autumn (which is halfway over already!) and I might just have a vintage collar or two for when it gets really cold.

Finally, a picture of a dead butterfly I found near my house. Completely unrelated bar the colours, but it's really quite beautiful.

12 comments:

Emma Litton said...

That coat is just so beautiful! It'll look love with your red hair.

xo,
Em

Lindsay Lane said...

Beautiful dress with lovely buttons! ( I am a button freak ... )

Maite said...

In my case, I can0t wait to wear my summer clothes... but just start to rain...

estrellasdefebrero.blogspot.com

Andi B. Goode said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon! And that coat is gorgeous :D I have too many coats hehe
-Andi x

Alli said...

So sorry to hear that you are unwell....poor babe :(
Hope you are feeling better really soon.
Ps. Love the new coat ;)

Cassie Stephens said...

Cannot wait to see an outfit post featuring this great find! It's beautiful...I love that style of fit. It will fab on your figure. Now take to bed with some hot tea!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Your coat is lovely, and the colour is fantastic. It looks wonderful with both the scarf and stole.

I'm having the oddest year re coats. I don't know if you have met "Paula" - it's a tradition my coats have names, I highly reccommend it - anyhoo, Paula is a 3/4 leopard print number I have worn Paula exclusively since 1998. I have refused all other coats. This summer, I've found an alpaca coat with hand crocheted buttons, a 1960s brand new red coat and a kick-arse red and blue cape IN OP SHOPS, ALL UNDER $20 each. The goddess of coats has been smiling upon me... now I just need to wait for some cold weather.

x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Your coat is lovely, and the colour is fantastic. It looks wonderful with both the scarf and stole.

I'm having the oddest year re coats. I don't know if you have met "Paula" - it's a tradition my coats have names, I highly reccommend it - anyhoo, Paula is a 3/4 leopard print number I have worn Paula exclusively since 1998. I have refused all other coats. This summer, I've found an alpaca coat with hand crocheted buttons, a 1960s brand new red coat and a kick-arse red and blue cape IN OP SHOPS, ALL UNDER $20 each. The goddess of coats has been smiling upon me... now I just need to wait for some cold weather.

x

LandGirl1980 said...

Feel better soon, ya hear! That coat is beautiful, as is the butterfly *sad face*

Lynn said...

I am sorry to hear that you have not felt well! I hope today finds you much much better -- completely restored, in fact!

xoxo
Lynn

PS -- The coat is lovely!

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop: hehe love the names! Great sounding finds, too, brilliant luck! Yay!

Lynn: aww thanks!

Cassie Stephens: hehe yes, good idea!

Jessica Cangiano said...

What a thoroughly wonderful coat. I'm a perpetual sucker for fitted/princess style vintage coats like this beauty. Though spring has scarcely arrived here (it's rather late this year), your delightful topper already has me in the mood for snowy days once more.

♥ Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...