Friday, 18 May 2012

dots, stripes and autumn sunshine

yellow dots h yellow dots i yellow dots e yellow dots d yellow dots f
Now we've looked at Fashionoplois, here are the details of what I was wearing for it. Remember how I have worn this stripe jacket before on the blog? Well, this is the dress that goes with it! I finally am wearing them together on the blog. About time!

The early 1950's dress and jacket set also have a matching neck tie, but I felt like wearing something yellow and polka dotty instead. As we were preparing for cold temperatures (Melbourne is making up for the late start to Autumn by giving us winter early) I wore my vintage yellow gloves. And before this looks like my idea of cold weather wear, I must tell you I also had my chunky mustard scarf and vintage grey wool coat – but it was so lovely in the morning sun I didn't need them just yet!

dress, jacket and gloves : vintage
yellow polka dot scarf : op shop
back seam tights : dear gladys
shoes : topshop
bag : asos
belt : dotti

yellow dots g

18 comments:

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

this is such an adorable outfit and your hair looks immaculate. it truly was a lovely day yesterday, and the sunshine was wonderful when I had to walk to school, home and back again. I'm going to cherish it while it lasts.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Melissa G said...

My goodness! This brown works so well. And I love the shoes.

Tegan @ Teganias Thoughts said...

I love this, it is adorable!! I also very much love your hair, the twist and bow is super cute!

ourdailydress said...

Those heels look insane! I am so impressed you can walk in them.

Jo said...

You are so gorgeous! <3 I love the bow and matching gloves!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Alli said...

So gorgeous as always.....just divine :)
And I LOVE those gloves.....so quaint! Swoon!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

I genuinely enjoy when bloggers rewear items in different ways - that is real styling skill, if you ask me. A new outfit daily is not a challenge, to create many different looks with a "real" wardrobe is a challnege and I love see all the different ways you interpert your pieces.

Alma said...

Looking lovely!!

Sher said...

you are a living doll:)

vintagevisions27 said...

What an adorable outfit! I love the little stripe jacket with the polka dot scarf.
-Emily

Lynn Brooks said...

I always love the way you take a vintage or vintage inspired look and mix it up with chunky modern shoes. It makes the look so fresh.

How cold does winter get in your neck of the woods? Do you get snow? Growing up in America, we assume that Australia is always warm and sunny. Then again, most folks in America assume that california is hot and sunny all year long, but we do get winter. No snow or freezing temps, but we do own winter coats, it does get cold enough for it.

lynn brooks

Teresa said...

Beautiful! And I love your adorable bow additions. :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

I adore the repeating occurring of bows in this endlessly stylish, wonderfully pretty outfit. Three cheers for bows! :)

Wishing you a stellar weekend, dear gal!
♥ Jessica

Brenda evans said...

cool shoes

brenda | breepluse.blogspot.com

Sandra said...

What a cute outfit, so classy and lady like. Love it

sweet harvest moon said...

Cutest!

aquahlekkergarla said...

oooh wow i love this outfit..great color combination nd u have the most beautiful smile ever wow...keep it up dear...

*Glam Chameleon* said...

Utterly ladylike, feminine, pretty!! U're stunning!:) The shoes are divine!
kisses
Jelena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...