Wednesday, 9 May 2012

something special, all the way from Nashville!

qs daydream gingham playsuit d qs daydream gingham playsuit c qs daydream gingham playsuit i qs daydream gingham playsuit g qs daydream gingham playsuit f qs daydream gingham playsuit a qs daydream gingham playsuit j qs daydream gingham playsuit b qs-daydream-gingham-playsuit-h
The other day I left the heater going for a bit longer and pretended it was still warm and summery, as I want to share with you something lovely that arrived for me from Nashville!

One of my favourite vintage bloggers, Quincy of Q's Daydream, has created her own range of vintage inspired clothing... and it's wonderful! She very kindly sent me the gingham picnic playsuit, and we were hoping it would arrive while the Melbourne weather was still playing at summer even though we were well into Autumn. We missed it by just a few days. Damn! So this particular day was actually cold and grey. But I know a lot of you are in spring or early summer, so this post is especially for you! The rest of us shivering here in this cold snap can maybe warm up for a minute or two.

Here is the beautiful playsuit, which is a halter top and a circle skirt – yep, a complete circle! – in the softest blue gingham fabric. I loved how Quincy used big pink buttons, and I painted my nails to match in honour of them. As you can see, I love it! Now we just have a few months to go before I can wear it like this, but in the mean time I want to wear the skirt styled for winter. I have some ideas already, and you'll see them soon!
But, look what happened to the weather later that evening... the sun came out! The wearing of summer clothing is absolutely the cause. Obviously!
Check out the rest of her gorgeous stuff here x




34 comments:

Beck said...

Beautiful outfit! & I love your hair colour!! xo Beck

Jessica Cangiano said...

That darling playsuit really is the embodiment of vintage summertime spirit and cuteness. Love it - and especially love that it came by way of Q's Daydream, her shop is a longstanding favourite of mine, too.

Wishing you a gorgeous Wednesday, dear gal!
♥ Jessica

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Amazing piece, it's really pretty! You look gorgeous. Am off to check out more of her things :)) x

Vivian said...

Awe, it looks really lovey, first I thought its a dress, great solution, few clothes in one :)
Btw, I noticed very nice looking dress on your pictures, the one on your wall, on the left side of your vanity mirror, I love that yellowish floral print, must looks really nice with red hair, it would be great if you made some post about it maybe :D

Jo said...

Her collection is so beautiful - I loved seeing it on Emma of Fierce Lilliputian too! <3 The buttons at the back are oh-so darling!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Plog

Alli said...

As soon as I saw the first photo I knew that was a Q design! Soooooo cute! Bet you'll be excited to wear it when our Aussie summer comes back around. You look gorgeous in it :)

Johnny and June said...

This playsuit has been in my easy favourite for weeks! I think I might just have to buy it now, because it looks utterly fabulous on you!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love that peachy number hanging of your mirror too!

vio said...

i can't say it often enough:
you're perfect! :)

and the playsuit is gorgeous!

// take a look: *MICROPHONEHEART.

Liz said...

These shoes are FABULOUS! :D

Circus Girl (Zoë) said...

Oh my, so pretty on you! Love gingham! I saw these too and wished I had more pennies! I love your room btw, it is looking just gorgeous! Have fun with your beautiful new outfit! Zoë x

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look marvelous!! Those clothes are amazing, so pretty!! xx

cakesandshakes said...

I love it! Lucky you, getting a gorgeous bespoke item - I have no doubt you will wear it as much as the red ASOS gingham sundress.

sweet harvest moon said...

Oh my, beyond pretty!

Debs said...

She couldn't have picked a more perfect model. I've not heard of her before but she has a beautiful range.

Mabel said...

Q is one of my favorite bloggers!!! I love her collection, too. You look adorable in that outfit. I really want the Bardot dress.

Mabel
Mabel Time

Andi B. Goode said...

It looks perfect on you!
-Andi x

Esz said...

SO cute! This will be perfect for summer won't it? Gathered skirts are great too - I think I like them over circle skirts because they don't always need a petticoat to stop one's posterior from looking too wide ;-PPP

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Beatiful, beautiful, stunning.

Shame it isn't summer. :(

ourdailydress said...

Looks beautiful- I have loved every piece Quincy has shown us from her range and as soon as my no-new-clothes-for-the-year challenge is over, I'm investing!

Kelly-Marie said...

A beautiful playsuit for a beautiful lady. Quincy is so clever, her range is lovely. Totally loving your dressing room too, what a gorgeous setting for your photo's.

MarieBayArea said...

Q's playsuit design looks amazing on you!

Hannah said...

Oh I love Q's designs and this looks perfect on you! x

Dethrose Vintage said...

Came across your blog from Quincy's post. You look fabulous!! Such great style:)

Dial V for Vintage said...

Cute and playful, I bet you're going to wear this until it falls apart! :D I hope you're having a lovely weekend :).

Aurè said...

Ah...che Meraviglia...It Looks Great on You,Cheers!
Greetings from Italy

Michelle @ The Modernity Project said...

This two-piece set is so perfect for summer (which suddenly seems a long way away), but I can't stop looking at the beautiful rust and green floral dress that's hanging on your wall....

Elekon said...

what a fab blog of your I just found! definitely following you now, fantastic style!

Jamie Rose said...

I love this so so much! It's so summery and perfectly retro.

Ceri said...

So beautiful and different. I love it. :D I especially love the shoes you have with it too.

Rianna said...

LOVE!!!

Sean MacKenzie said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair in this post. What kind of set did you do? Pin curl, hot roller, pillow rollers, etc...?

{Sorry I stumbled across this post after looking at Q's blog and just had to ask.}

sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com

esme and the lane way said...

Sean MacKenzie: thanks :) I pin curl washed and almost-dried hair before bed. Really basic set, and just brush it out... I really should do a post on the setting pattern although it's nothing fancy :)

Alexandra Marie said...

How did you curl your hair here? Rollers? So cute!! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...