Monday, 21 May 2012

sundays, short breaks, sit downs and salmon(s!)

salmon rocket d salmon rocket k salmon rocket j salmon rocket g salmon rocket i salmon rocket f
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. I hope it was a bit more sociable than mine, too. Whereas I could have had a weekend that would be described with words such as "styling", "photo shoot", "dancing at LuWOW", "bridal heaven" and "vintage modeling" (and "busy", too, I think!) I chose instead to put my sensible hat (yawn) on and must now use the words "grout", "sandpaper", and "chisel".

(I should actually add in "found coffee table of our dreams at great price" as that was possibly the highlight of the two days. After Saturday's breakfast, of course. That was everything I had hoped for and then some.)

After what feels like months of busy weekends, we decided we really had to attend to a few things around the house. Well, the house actually decided it for us and we weren't going to ignore it any longer! I do love getting these things done, though – and next up, we are finishing our floor boards. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me!!! It's worthy of at least three exclamation marks!!! More!!!!!!!

Another, non-housey high point of the weekend was – more food – our lunch on the Sunday. I have been craving rocket for the longest time and, having forgotten to put my usual Ceres Fair Food order in, went and bought my vegetables at the markets instead. Vegetables, and ROCKET! And tiny tomatoes. And smoked salmon. And creme fraiche... to which I added some dried dill, pepper, lemon juice and garlic oil. A few semi sundried tomatoes on top and we had a the most delicious break from our hard work. My rocket cravings are almost satisfied. Almost! Can you spot me in the bowl?

salmon rocket a

17 comments:

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

so cruel to tease with photos of such deliciousness! sounds like a productive weekend. Mine was quite opposite. the colours in these shotes are so vivid!

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Peachy Keen said...

D.E.LISH

Australian Fashion Review Blog - Gems said...

That little lunch looks delicious - nom nom!

Gems x

Australian Fashion Review Blog

ourdailydress said...

Yum, that looks awesome. You take the best food photos.

sweet harvest moon said...

Yum!

esme and the lane way said...

Meg Eileen Carroll: but weekends where there's lots of relaxing are just as good! Better even! :D

Peachy Keen: it was! :D x

Australian Fashion Review Blog - Gems: nom nom nom :)

OpenID ourdailydress: aw thanks, I've got a long way to go before I'm happy with them though :)

sweet harvest moon: :D

Sharleena Bramley said...

Yum! That salmon looks divine!
You're making me hungry!

Sharleena xx
markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

VaiyaRosa said...

Oh wow, this looks really delicious! I'm very inspired to make this right now, thanks for sharing! :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Such inviting, delicious hues and flavours!


Wishing you a marvelous Monday & week ahead, dear gal!
♥ Jessica

Valerie EnrĂ­quez said...

What a yummy recipe. I love dill and creme fraiche, such a perfect meal for summer 'round my parts x

Madalynne said...

It looks like you had a lovely weekend and that salmon looks awesome. I too had to do some relaxing and tending to the apartment. It was a great recharge.

Charmaine said...

Salmon and dill is possibly my most favourite combination EVER. SO good... now you've made me want some!

Teresa said...

Some of my favourite weekends are spent at home getting things done.

Your last photo is making me terribly hungry! :)

Granthrax said...

Yeah, totally craving smoked salmon and creme fraiche now. Thanks :"( My waistline sends its regards :P

Glad to hear you had a triumph with your coffee table!

Xx

Jamie Rose said...

Yum! That salmon salad looks delicious. I need to try to make one like that some time.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others that the dish looks delish, so much that I literally drooled. Is it possible for you to share the recipe with us? (Like how much of each thing you put in it). I would be very thankful (and so would my stomach)!

esme and the lane way said...

Anonymous Anonymous: I don't think you need to be too precise with the amounts, just whatever you think will be tasty :)

Granthrax:: naww, smoked salmon is very very good for you! Ok, not so much the creme fraiche..! But a little of what you fancy does you good, I think! :D

Teresa: hehe well we have sunny, warmish weather today, could be good for salmon..!

Charmaine: ! I am really pleased to hear that, I think that means the photo works ;)

Madalynne: it's so nice to get those weekends in, isn't it? I want another one now but it'll have to wait..! :p

Sharleena Bramley: yay! Is it still warm in Brisbane?

VaiyaRosa: yay, I'm so glad the photos are working... it's for me too, I never know what to make when I am already hungry..!


Jessica Cangiano: thank you – and you too! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...