Monday, 28 May 2012

vintage blue dress with pink buttons and a peter pan collar

pink buttons blue dress b pink buttons blue dress f pink buttons blue dress h pink buttons blue dress i eggs avocado mixed business
Randomly inserted breakfast picture. It was really good!
pink buttons blue dress k pink buttons blue dress cpink buttons blue dress a
Good morning, happy Monday! This is what I wore on Saturday, my 1940's dress with the soft peter pan collar and pink button details. Everything is stuff I've worn on the blog before: the dress is vintage and from etsy, the woolly jacket is from ebay, the shoes are Jeffery Campbell, the bag is asos (must do that what's in my bag post) and the hair bow is from Hopeless Lingerie. We had a beautiful day, getting up late, enjoying breakfast (my favourite thing at the moment is avocado and poached eggs on toast) and then getting ready for having friends over for dinner. Don't be fooled by the sunshine here, it was pretty cold! Luckily we were mostly in the car... and had great timing, too. This sun was a rare patch in a super rainy day!

I recently found a stash of hair accessories that I had packed away a while ago to keep safe whilst doing housey stuff. In it was lots of lovely goodies from Hopeless Lingerie, and I am loving bringing them out again. I can't wait to get back to curling my hair – it's amazing how you feel about your hair affects you. Damn well affects hair comb attachment too. Silky straight hair and hair combs do not stay together! I do love this big bow. I wore it on a beehive some time ago, and I have an inkling that might be repeated soon..!

To be honest with you, one thing this outfit made me think about was how much I really need a pair of black shoes for winter. I've been looking for ages and I'm being really picky about it; no peep toes! Which is hard as there are beautiful peep toe shoes everywhere at the moment. And I LOVE them! Guess I'll just have to keep looking, how terrible! ;) Enjoy your day!

29 comments:

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

absolutely gorgeous! looks like a scrumptious breakfast! might treat myself to the same thing if there are any avocados around...

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Tinacious Me said...

this is so cute! love your lipcolor!
Tina @ www.tinacious.me

Libertad said...

Oh my, what a beautiful dress, it's so charming!! Love it!

I had the same problem as you last winter searching for a pair of black shoes; I finally found a pair of black loafers from Coolway (a spanish brand), perfect for almost everything... but it was really hard to find the perfect ones for everyday! So good luck!

Madalynne said...

As always, I love your outfit. The warm colors of your hair color, handbag and shoes looks awesome against the blue. I also love your breakfast choice.

Melissa G said...

The breakfast has me drooling. I know what I'm eating tomorrow morning.
The pink bow is a nice touch. I once read that pink and red don't together. But I am never seen a pink/red combination that I didn't like.

Esz said...

Ah, the eternal search for the perfect black shoe. I have at least 5 pairs but they are only good for certain outfits. Need to find the right ones for winter too.

They need to be comfy to walk in but still quite high (not wedges though), have covered heels and only a small peeptoe at most (so I can wear stockings) and must have a strap or something to hold my feet in because stockings make shoes slippery and my feet fall out the best of times.
I suspect our criteria must be quite similar, so do keep us posted on the success of your search! ;-D

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oh, love, love, love, love, love. Beautiful dress. I adore everything about these pics.

Alli said...

I am soooooo in love with your dress. It's gorgeous! I think I have a bit of dress envy today lol. I want one! :)

Charmaine said...

Simply charming - as usual!

ourdailydress said...

"Randomly inserted breakfast picture. It was really good!"

You can never go wrong with random food pictures

Tegan @ Teganias Thoughts said...

Your dress is amazing!! The search for black shoes is a terrible one, almost as bad as the search for the perfect jeans...

Zane said...

You look gorgeous, love that dress and you styled it perfectly. I can't find the perfect pair of black shoes either :D

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

What a gorgeous dress. And that breakfast looks amazing! I've never had avocado and poached egg before. And is that goats cheese in the little bowl?

Penny Dreadful Vintage

Dial V for Vintage said...

Another wonderful outfit! The colour of your shoes is divine, such a rich deep red shade! I am not sure if I could walk in them though... they're so high! But I am sure you can pull it off gracefully! :)

Martina Visnjic art said...

Beautiful dress, I love your smile! :))

januarysublime said...

Love your shoesss!!! And the breakfast looks like my idea of heaven, envy all round!

januarysublime

Kim said...

Beautiful! Love the color combination :)

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aurè said...

Great/che Meraviglia!!
Greetings from Italy

june said...

Beautiful flowers and dress!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Lovely dress! You're definitely the queen of vintage dresses! X

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Beautiful! And that breakfast looks delicious indeed:D

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

Miss Maple said...

Love the color combo as always. That blue dress with red hair, red bag and red shoes is great. Especially with a bunch of orange flowers . Great!

Anna said...

oh so pretty look

Bianca said...

Oh, your hair. It just suits you so well, you'd think you were born with it.

Jessica Cangiano said...

So splendidly sweet, fetching, beautifully styled!


♥ Jessica

Kristian said...

Fun dress with fun flowers.

Good luck in your black shoe hunt; I'm in the same boat. My current black shoes are on their last leg (literally!)

Kimmy said...

Oh wow you're so classically beautiful. What a great dress.

Edurne said...

OMG this dress is wonderful! What lipstick did you use in these photos? I love the colour

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...