Tuesday, 19 June 2012

days off, sunshine, vintage victories and a companionable cat

sunny day home g
Getting a day off all to yourself can be something that doesn't happen very often, and when it happens to me, I start making all sorts of plans, but end up pottering about the house very happily instead. Bliss! I had one of these special days last week, and it started grey and rainy and perfect for lazy film watching. And then the sun came out and filled the house with warmth and light and made doing other lazy things that much nicer. A dry sunny day in a Melbourne winter is pretty rare, or at least being at home for it is. I finally hand washed some new-to-me vintage cotton skirts, knowing they'd be dry by the evening. Wow! Believe me, that is a winter victory and I enjoy it.
sunny day home h
Seeing a room full of flowers is pretty nice.
sunny day home i
Babycat sang about the greatness of the day...
sunny day home e
... and checked for yumminess on the plant...
sunny day home d
... which, in the sunlight, is patterned a bit like a peacock's tail feathers.
sunny day home f
Yumminess established, confirmed.
sunny day home j
I could check how the white floorboards will look in daylight – sunshine! – in the bedroom. It looks like Babycat painted them for me with her magnificent tail. I swear, it's only the light!
sunny day home c
But she took the credit, and the rest, for it. I love how she is one of those cats that just hangs out with you.
sunny day home b
Shoe dreaming. An absolutely wonderful day. I wouldn't mind another one!
sunny day home a

24 comments:

Madalynne said...

oh gosh... the sun looked extravagant in all of your photos. I'm glad it came out and shining bright on your day home :)

Sarah Dee said...

your cat is so cute!

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Most adorable kitty ever! She seems like a lovely companion. Very helpful, indeed.

Have a lovely Tuesday!

Lx

Miss said...

Nice. Wish I could spend a lazy day at home with a cute cat haha. Unfortunately I have to spend my days in a law office. Fun times haha

Laura said...

Oh goodness, that skirt with the yellow flowers is just perfect!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Day perfection!
The sunlight in your photos and of course, baby cat are just gorgeous.

Tegan @ Teganias Thoughts said...

gorgeous photos. I love that your cat hangs out with you, all the cats I know only hang out when they want to be fed!

Rae - Say It Ain't So said...

i love it when i get a day off all to myself, with no plans! it is so fun to putz around the house with no one to answer to or hang out with. and baby cat is so sweet! i love the picture of her singing.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Aaaahahahahaaaahahahah re Babycat! What a dag! I love her.

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

Hey snap! I'm enjoying a day off to myself today (in which I should be studying but am procrasti-blogging and reading this post instead). Love how the skirts act as curtains and creates such colourful light with the sun shining through. And your cat is so adorable.


http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Valerie Enríquez said...

Aww your cat is so sweet! I love seeing photos of her! :)

Lynn said...

Awwwww. I love the kitty cat pictures! So sweet! And the green leaves are beautiful!

xoxo
Lynn

Esz said...

Teehee - Babycat is so funny when she is caught mid-meow! Friendly cats are the best aren't they? :-)

ourdailydress said...

Beautiful. I love 50s skirts and I too enjoyed our brief Aussie Winter sunshine today with a stroll. I have a slightly less fluffy, ginger version of Babycat and she also likes to hang out with me, while pretending she's not hanging out with me. Somehow she always manages to be sleeping near me even if I'm in a different room every five minutes. Ninja cat!

The girl in Oslo said...

You have such a cute cat :)
Have a great day ...

germangreeneyedmonster said...

the singing babycat just made my day :-)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Babycat is giving me a cuteness overload induced heart attack over here! :)

Oodles of hugs to you both,
♥ Jessica

Fräulein.Perlon said...

the cat is sooooo cute and i love your style!

LandGirl1980 said...

Potter days are a wonder :) I enjoy every second of mine :)

Aloysia Adinda Nareswari said...

nice photos! i also love room that full of flowers :)

http://dindaloysia.blogspot.com

In The Heyday said...

I love those kind of days too. Your cat looks like the perfect hanging about companion

Kristian said...

Haha- that's what happens when I have a day to myself too!

Sarah said...

I was talking today about how much I love to potter around the house and judging by the comments I'm not alone! Your cat is adorable by the way.

Mara said...

This looks like such a perfect day! Babycat is SO adorable. My cat is one of those just-hang-out cats, too; she sort of follows me wherever I go and makes sure not to be too far away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...