Monday, 11 June 2012

review: Lime Crime lipstick, Retrofuturist

lime crime retrofuturist e lime crime retrofuturist d lime crime retrofuturist clime crime retrofuturist b
Yesterday I wore my new lipstick from Lime Crime, Retrofuturist, which they very kindly sent to me a little while ago as part of a package to try. Another red lipstick for what is turning into quite a collection for me! I almost dread using new lipsticks, as I love how perfect they are when you first open them. Well, something to get over pretty quickly, yes?! This shade is a very pink-based red, and makes my lips look like cherries. Not that you can really tell form these pictures... technical difficulties ruled the day today! It looks glossier, or shinier, in these pics than it does in real life, too – I found it had quite a satiny finish. As I now expect from Lime Crime lipsticks, the texture is great to wear and the colour really lasts. In fact, the colour lasted beyond my usual makeup removal and, despite (gentle) scrubbing, my lips have a definitely enhanced pink hue! I'm not going to complain about that. Love this! x

16 comments:

Betty-Lou Do said...

I love the pink hue a lipstick can leave behind

Bree said...

I love it.
Retrofuturist if my favorite after Glamour 101.

Ryksa said...

I love this colour :) It looks wonderful on your lips (sorry my english - I know it is not perfect :) ). Best wishes from Poland :)

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Lovely rich colour, another one for me to try :)

Penny Dreadful Vintage

Nesha said...

You look darling, as always! I've never heard of that company, I'll have to check them out. I've always kinda stuck to Mac for red lipsticks but maybe its time I widen out ;)

Sarah said...

i love the warmth in these pretty photos. your blog is one of my most recent favorites. :)

Sarah Dee said...

This has been on my "to buy" list forever! And this review hasn't changed my mind! I need this lipstick!

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

esme and the lane way said...

Vivian: thanks – lots of standing right in front of the window to get all the light happens a lot here! x

Sarah: thank you :)

Lorena said...

Hello!

I saw a lot of Lime Crime reviews..but yours is amazing! The pictures are so cute!

Thanks!

p.s this one is in my wish list now!^^

Lorena Be-Bop

Jessica Cangiano said...

Pinky reds have been on my mind - and lips - a lot lately over the past two weeks. I've been mixing two different lipsticks to get the shade I was after, and it's been going great, but one tube is certainly handier indeed, so I'd love to give this one a try sometime.

♥ Jessica

Debs said...

I love the name. :)

Charis said...

Very pretty packaging I think!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Eeeeeeehehehehe.... the first pic looks liek you are singing into a lipstick microphone. can you see it? :D

Anonymous said...

You should probably check out http://doedeerelies.tumblr.com

esme and the lane way said...

Miss Tallulah Porkchop : hahaha well yes that is the better of the possible suggestions!

Anonymous: I did, a while ago, when I first heard of other people's issues with the brand – some comments on here linked to it. While I think it's great that we can share our experiences about brands, good and bad, I also want to make sure that I present my own honest experience of it; and, with Lime Crime, the product has been fantastic and my dealings with them have been great. Hope that helps x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...