Monday, 4 June 2012

vintage florals and vintage capes

black floral dress pumpkin c black floral dress pumpkin d black floral dress pumpkin e black floral dress pumpkin b black floral dress pumpkin a black floral dress pumpkin g
This is what I wore yesterday: a vintage floral dress, and my beautiful vintage fur cape. I got the cape last spring and have been waiting patiently all summer to wear it. It is so soft and, oh, so warm!

Here is the pumpkin we picked yesterday. Posing for blog posts is something I take very seriously, as you can see. This one took 2 or 3 months to grow so I hope it tastes good!

Some of you asked what winter is like here in Australia, as in how cold it gets and so on. I will do a post about how cold it gets in Melbourne – pretty cold, even though the numbers say otherwise! – but yesterday was kind of warm, as it goes. I remember the first day of winter last year, when it was unseasonably warm – you'd think our winters were like summers! I can assure you they're not!

I've also had the floral dress for a while, but this is the first time I've worn it. It used to be floor length and was then shortened (before I got it), and while it was great for twirling, it wasn't really wearable, for me. Too costume-y. I've cut off some of the lower ruffle in a way that it can be sewn back on without showing and now it's perfect! I love black florals for winter. Now, to find some black winter shoes...

21 comments:

Tinacious Me said...

your floral dress is so cute!
Tinacious Me ~ Tinacious Me

Solanah said...

Oh how funny! Just the other night I went out with a couple of friends and we all wore our fur capes. You should come on over for cocktails ;)

Looks lovely, like a snow queen would wear!

xoxo
Solanah

Lynn said...

Dear Marianne, I am loving catching up with you after just returning from my honeymoon! Yes. I certainly have not been on line for the past week! Fun, fun! But feet back to earth now. I love, love florals! And you are smart to do the black florals in winter. I love your sense of style. Keep warm, Lynn

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Loving your hair, here.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Such a splendid fur cape - you look marvelous! I have a black (faux fur) one, but having been thinking for some time that I need a white or cream hued cape, too, for the warmer months and/or outfits that call for lighter coloured toppers.

♥ Jessica

ourdailydress said...

Those pumpkin photos are the best things ever. Thanks for the chuckles.

Charlotte said...

beautiful dress! Love those little puff sleeves.

xx Charlotte
Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage

Zane said...

stunning dress and the coat is gorgeous too

Peachy Keen said...

Love the dress with the fur cape. Cute pumpkin.

Jade

Miss Claire said...

You do balance the pumpkin very well by the looks of it! The dress is really sweet, it looks great with your hair. I received my iphone case, it's lovely! Thank you so much :)

Miss Maple said...

The fur cape is great. I find real fur often to be very heavy. But in the pictures your fur cape seems to be very light and cosy.

Tara said...

Beautiful outfit, it's so nice to see when people make an effort (and look amazing) in winter rather than just resorting to jeans & a boring coat! You rock! x

Tara said...

You look amazing! It's so awesome when people make an effort in winter dressing, instead of just resorting to jeans & a boring coat! You rock! x

Nika Chick said...

What a lovely dress!

Kristian said...

I'm always impressed by the people who alter their clothing and it comes out so nice! Lovely.

mooseinchartreuse said...

That dress print is just beautiful! I'm so glad to hear you were able to save the dress :-)
C Marcia (Sequins)

Janey said...

As Solanah already commented, her and another friend and myself went out in similar capes!! I wish I could have ten, they are so wonderful. Yours is such a wonderful color! And that dress is pretty gosh darn amazing.

xoxo
-Janey

Natalyas Closet said...

So pretty and fun! http://www.natalyascloset.com

Charis said...

That is a particularly lovely outfit! And I love the shoes :)

Cristina Rose said...

you are so beautiful

Jamie Rose said...

These pictures are so fun! I love the fur worn over your beautiful vintage floral print dress. Those shoes are awesome with it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...