Thursday, 14 June 2012

vintage, velvet, and, erm, mustard!

mustard velvet vintage and jumper a mustard velvet vintage and jumper f mustard velvet vintage and jumper c mustard velvet vintage and jumper e mustard velvet vintage and jumper d mustard velvet vintage and jumper b mustard velvet vintage and jumper g
I promise that I will not have anything mustard in the next few posts! Anyway. Having moved our living room stuff around a bit, I now have a new spot for photo-taking. It's pretty good, I think! I am extra pleased to note that I coordinated with my environment very well yesterday -- down to matching the lining of my dress to my completely-inappropriate-for-its-job Paddington Bear lunch box sewing tin. That's it there under the charmingly complementing-my-dress sofa.

Yesterday was one of those days when I couldn't get warm, so I wore layers: wool, velvet, and more wool. Plus a wool coat on top. Yep, Melbourne gets pretty cold! The mustard skirt here is actually a vintage cheerleading costume, and I think it would make a pretty cute ice skating outfit too. And ice skating is on the cards, very soon!

19 comments:

Sarah Dee said...

You are my style icon! My mustard loving soul is really digging this outfit

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Lovely pics. Can I move in? Your place is my dream haven.

ursula said...

That dress is so cute! It's funny that your lounge room is all vintagey, except your internet modem!

carrievintage said...

stunning sweater!

Annika Victoria said...

You are the owner of the most adorable little house. And of course, you look incredible as well! If only you could get iceskating boots that looked like your shoes instead of those crappy hire ones... (those big bright blue chunky plastic things always ruin my outfits! haha)

anniina said...

Oh but mustard is the best, don't worry! Too bad it's summer here and I think it's kind of a winter colour..

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Ohh, I am so besotted with the mustard colour of your skirt! It goes so well with your hair!

x
Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

Jessica Cangiano said...

You look so cozy and cute! Maybe it's the Canadian in me, but I think it looks like (in the most awesome of ways) that you could, at any moment, trade your stylish chunky heels for a pair of ice skates and do a double lutz. :)

♥ Jessica

sweet harvest moon said...

Mustard is my favorite! I wear it all through fall... is it October yet?

Sharleena Bramley said...

You sure can pull off mustard! This outfit looks lovely and warm (both with temperature and colour tone).

Sharleena xx

LandGirl1980 said...

I am so jealous of your winteryness. Oh, how I love winter & mustard :)

Lisa said...

You look great! I go through phases too where I only wear black and white for weeks. I just can't help it! It's my go-to, especially in winter.

Dial V for Vintage said...

Oh such a lovely and cozy outfit! I love the painting by the way, it matches your outfit! :D

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love this outfit :)

http://southerngloss.blogspot.com

-Kelsi

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

Love the color combinations! Mustard is one of my favorite colors to wear! It goes with so much!

-Katie

AngeliqueDama said...

Wonderful orange and brown toned colors! Love the floral couch:))

Miss Maple said...

Mustard is such a great warm autumnal colour that I wouldn't mind if there would be mustard in every following post. Mustard coloured velvet is even better. And I would like to see you ice-skating in this cute little skirt. Hugs from Miss Maple

RuskinDays said...

One can never blog too much mustard! Anything that looks like autumn is a good thing :)

Kristian said...

Love how you coordinate with your surroundings! Also loving your outfit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...