Monday, 25 June 2012

vintage watercolour dresses and sunday breakfasts

green dress grey coat b Yesterday I wore what I think of as my autumnal watercolour vintage dress, a 1950s one in greens and yellows and blues. The colours are so perfect, I love them! I like how they match my hair and eyes so well, and you can't be having that in everything – and I'll enjoy it when I can! The dress is vintage and so is the coat, the shoes are my current favourite topshop shoes and the bag is from asos. I've realised you can see my gold bow back seam tights after all! They are from forever new and promptly got themselves into the wrong load after my first wear and were velcroed to John's bike gear in the washing machine. They've survived pretty well!

The dress is also rather good friends, when it comes to those colours, with my ginger waffles breakfast. It was really nice and quite a change from my usual weekend starts but it's good to try something new sometimes! Here's to a good week! x green dress grey coat c ginger breakfast green dress grey coat e green dress grey coat d green dress grey coat a

28 comments:

Madalynne said...

Love the dress but those pancakes looks utterly amazing! Can you come over and cook for me? :)

Sarah Anne said...

so, so lovely!!

bisous,
www.bighipsredlips.com

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

such a gorgeous outfit, and I very much agree with how well that dress matches your hair. I recently saw a perfect vintage watercolour dress in a shop but had to resist temptation of trying it on! ANd oh my goodness! My jaw dropped at the sight of those waffles.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Brenda @ Mira Narnie said...

gorgeous dress! i think it is the perfect autumnal drew with those stunning colours!!!

Two Happy Hearts said...

SO beautiful!! I love everything about this.
Your hair, your dress, your coat. Simply breathtaking!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous dress! You are so right about the colours being perfect for Autumn.

Sushi said...

This is so pretty! You're hair is perfect and I love the outfit x Sushi

Sher said...

So so Pretty;)

Sandra said...

Your hair looks especially amazing! <3

Miss Bias said...

Beautiful coat. Agree the colours in the dress are lovely. So is that breakfast! Hope you had a lovely weekend xx

Sarah Dee said...

You are so lovely! I absolutely love that dress!

♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Peachy Keen said...

Definitely the perfect Autumn look. I love the colours of the dress and coat.

Jade

Jul, Life Is A Romantic Poem said...

What an amazing outfit! You look gorgeous <3

Life is a romantic poem

Martina Visnjic art said...

beautiful dress, and I like the color of your hair.

Karin - The F Girl said...

You look adorable. I don't think I could pull off that dress, but you seem to be pretty in whatever you wear :-)

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweet harvest moon said...

So beautiful!

Cecylia said...

your dress is SO PRETTY!! Love your cooking oo :) *drool*

Trina44 said...

I agree, those colors match you perfectly, so pretty.

From Trina at: http://retrofashionismypassion.blogspot.com/

Kristie Webster said...

Marianne you look gorgeous! I love love love the coat.

Psycho Cat said...

Gorgeous outfit and how cute does it looks with your hair color...
Have a nice week, kisses

Kimberley said...

Beautiful Look! I absolutely love the coat.

Kristian said...

You look lovely.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Those hues really do look smashing your beautiful locks, and are such an elegant, timeless example of autumn's painterly palette.


♥ Jessica

dusanabotswana said...

that dress is the absolutely perfect color, completely goes w/ your hair indeed. Do you color it? it's so pretty. I love that coat too & looks like such a lovely day & park!
http://dusanabotswana.com/

AngeliqueDama said...

Wonderful outfit! That dress is sooo pretty<3

xStroutx said...

Oh my God that coat is stunning!

Haute Rockabilly Fashionista said...

The coat is beautiful on you but the dress... oh the dress leaves me breathless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...