Friday, 8 June 2012

waking up to morning light

morning light june e
Now winter is well and truly here, I am having to make the most of any daylight that we have to take pictures. Melbourne can be really gloomy at this time of year, and my house is very shaded, which can make photo taking that much harder, but it does have beautiful early morning light. I was inspired by this post on ish and chi recently and wanted to share some of our early light here, too.

morning light june c
I love the sunrise's light on our bedroom wall, and still love the green we painted with. White floorboards next! I can't wait to get that done.
morning light june a morning light june b morning light june h morning light june i morning light june d
This is the view from our coffee table. I really miss riding my bike and don't have any excuses not to now... look at that sunshine! Perfect bike riding weather. Soon!
morning light june k
Very early morning sun does exaggerate just how much you need to clean your windows. They're not actually like this in normal conditions, honest! The smudgy marks are from Babycat as this is her favourite sunny weather spot. Yes, she sleeps on the opening thing. I know. Strange cat.
morning light june f morning light june g
This is one of the few times we get direct sun, and therefor shadows. I find it really cheery in the morning. During the day the light is really flat so I relish this! And finally, this is my little health spa spot for my plants. They needed some sunlight, and on top of the kitchen cupbairds was the best place for them! I quite like them up there. I am slowly getting more and more pot plants as they are the best thing to have indoors. I think this should be a permanent plant spot. Ivy would be perfect!
morning light june j

27 comments:

LandGirl1980 said...

Oooooh - I love these. I makes me long for Winter - not that we have had any real Summer here yet in the UK.

Louise (Elsie May and Bertha) said...

It's strange reading about winter when it's summer here (I.e. it's raining) but it's lovely seeing your winter sun. I love the lace you have at your windows and the extra ling fringe on your lamp.

Sian Thomas said...

These are such beautiful pictures!! We have no morning light here at the moment, it's raining and will be for the next week apparently so I'm very jealous!!
http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.co.uk/

Martina Visnjic art said...

Dreamy photos, I love it!

Sara said...

Beautiful photos, so dreamy !

Britney said...

Those are some beautiful photographs!
They look so magical!!
-Britney of Lemonwood and Honey

Zoë said...

Beautiful shots - I especially love the dreamy aura you captured by hanging the dresses up against the light. I love the contrasts with the shaded blind - light and shadow. wonderful.

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures!

Meg Eileen Carroll said...

you have such a pretty home, and it's so personalised, with all the little touches. I can't wait to have my own place to make my own.

http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

Love all the shadows and shading, very peaceful to look at in the morning!

Sarah Dee said...

These photo's are super lovely!


♥Sarah♥
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Lulu said...

Babycat is the cutest name ever! I have the same little nose marks from my stevie pup, I just avoid looking at that window in the early light...!

Betty-Lou Do said...

your home is so charming

Natalyas Closet said...

Gorgeous photos and decor! http://www.natalyascloset.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

There is such a tranquil, dreamy quality to these beautiful images. They sooth the mind and soul after a long week indeed - thank you.


♥ Jessica

Debs said...

What lovely soft romantic early morning photos. And suddenly I need coffee..........

Madam Miriam said...

where did you buy those lace plant holders? Have been looking for them everywhere!

Teresa said...

Beautiful photos!

It has been so dreary and grey lately hasn't it? I did however, think I saw a little strip of sunshine this morning so I'm hoping it decides to stay for a little while. :)

Esz said...

Lovely! It is getting tricky to take photos isn't it?

You're going to have white floorboards? LOVE that idea - it's gonna be so awesome and brighten up the place considerably.

Valerie Enríquez said...

What a beautiful post! I love morning light and you captured it so well x

Hannah said...

You have such a beautiful home love your little nick nacks. xx

Kelly-Marie said...

soooo beautiful, very inspiring. xx

Girl living in Oslo said...

Lovely photos :)

esme and the lane way said...

Louise (Elsie May and Bertha): it was a few hours of sun in our rainy winter, hehe :)

Esz: I hope so! We did a little test spot and it looks good... and hopefully photo taking will get easier! Ha!

Teresa: I know! It's like we have to make the most of the little sunshine we have at the moment :)
Madam Miriam: they are from Ikea :D They have loads so should be easy to find. x

kaarlijnx-x said...

beautiful pictures. The morning light is so so so beautiful!

Bianca said...

Love your blog- never commented before but just spied your bedside(?)lamp shade- and realised it matches the light shade in my bedroom, though mine is purple. Came with the house and I love it, though I think it was probably hung when it was brand new.

today i said...

These photos! Im going to 'gloomy' Melbourne soon, and I cant wait! Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...