Saturday, 23 June 2012

winter solstice and unexpected smiles

skirt sky
Last Thursday was our winter solstice. The shortest day of the year was also really rainy, really cold and so it was extra dark! We are definitely in the middle of winter now. I love winter, and I'm so excited about the next few months. I must admit, I was feeling less happy about trying to take photos in the dark. It was just one of those days when you feel like everything isn't as good as you want it to be and I was really frustrated by it, and felt a bit down. Still, I did think that the pic above (taken in the late afternoon!) looked pretty cool and ghostly and I liked it – and then, when peeling potatoes, I saw this smiley face and just knew I had to share it with you! Sometimes you get things that make you smile when you least expect it. I've since had a great 48 hours and I'm much happier. So, happy Saturday to you – happy weekend! x
potato smiley

6 comments:

Karin - The F Girl said...

It's the little things indeed :) I wish you a lovely weekend!

Noella Wallace said...

I love that late afternoon picture! It still fascinates me to think about you being in winter when we are breaking 100F in summer here.

<3
adornedinhollywoodlace.blogspot.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

I love that just as we're launching into the sizzling days of summer up here in Canada, you're settling into the thick of winter. It's refreshing (literally!) to see the sights of winter during such a sweltering season.

Wishing you a marvelous weekend,
♥ Jessica

Kelly-Marie said...

Happy winter solstice. We have just had our summer solstice but it really is much more like winter here right now. I do love winter but it would be nice to actually get a taste of some summer sun. Oh well. I love your little potatoe smiley, he was definitely sent to cheer you up. xx

Emily x said...

I Love the fact that in Austrailia you have just had the 'Winter Solstice' and the shortest day, whilst over here in the UK we've just experienced (supposedly) our 'Summer Solstice' and the longest day. Just made me smile. x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Oohh... missed this one. Yummy outfit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...